Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham 22:29 - Sep 18 with 8540 viewsqpr85

Now I'm not sure how I feel about this. I remember Jimmy Smith doing it for us when on loan from scumbags and thinking it was brilliant for obvious reasons. Then I started thinking about how, can't think of a better word for it, lame it actually was.

Apparently people in the "Twittersphere' are getting up tight about it. Is this something we should worry/care about it does it not bother you at all.

Sorry if posted already just very strange he did this and I'm not bothered as he's wanting the fans to be behind him but is it right he is kissing their badge?? I don't remember him doing it for us but I could be/probably am wrong.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:38 - Sep 19 with 2344 viewsR_from_afar

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 05:24 - Sep 19 by timcocking

This would appear to be Ryan saying up yours to the QPR powers that be. Don't blame him for being p!ssed off. He's absolutely shown enough that he should be in our squad still. He's got an eye for goal, the single most important attribute a player can have, good engine, versatile. It's a bloody joke how he's been treated and he has every right to feel aggrieved.

That said, mountain out of a molehill. We all know they fcuked up releasing him on loan so early (one of many recent errors), let's hope he continues to do well and we get him back a better player. Nothing to be upset about.

"It's a bloody joke how he's been treated and he has every right to feel aggrieved".

Look, I didn't want him to be sent out on loan either but our delicate finances were behind

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:39 - Sep 19 with 2343 viewsR_from_afar

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 05:24 - Sep 19 by timcocking

This would appear to be Ryan saying up yours to the QPR powers that be. Don't blame him for being p!ssed off. He's absolutely shown enough that he should be in our squad still. He's got an eye for goal, the single most important attribute a player can have, good engine, versatile. It's a bloody joke how he's been treated and he has every right to feel aggrieved.

That said, mountain out of a molehill. We all know they fcuked up releasing him on loan so early (one of many recent errors), let's hope he continues to do well and we get him back a better player. Nothing to be upset about.

"It's a bloody joke how he's been treated and he has every right to feel aggrieved".

Look, I didn't want him to be sent out on loan either but our delicate finances were behind the decision. FFP has us by the neck and the club needs to be run sustainably.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:54 - Sep 19 with 2319 viewsDavieQPR

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:38 - Sep 19 by toboboly

The biggest concern in all of this is the fact that he is tearing the Championship apart (relatively speaking) for someone else. I am less ok with that.

The fact is he is not tearing the Championship apart. Apart from the penalty he rarely gets a mention on any of their forums and has never got a single vote as M-O-M. He is doing OK but nothing else.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 14:04 - Sep 19 with 2297 viewsqprnaas

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:54 - Sep 19 by DavieQPR

The fact is he is not tearing the Championship apart. Apart from the penalty he rarely gets a mention on any of their forums and has never got a single vote as M-O-M. He is doing OK but nothing else.

Incorrect hes got 2 man of the matches
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 14:37 - Sep 19 with 2243 viewsNorthernr

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:54 - Sep 19 by DavieQPR

That's not true on the Man of the Match thing, he got one at least the other week (maybe Hull at home) because I retweeted the announcement of it.

It's also not what my Rotherham mate says, who's increasingly surprised we've let them have him.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 15:02 - Sep 19 with 2202 viewsrobith

At this point in the descent of association football into total collapse, kissing the badge has lost all meaning?
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 19:50 - Sep 19 with 2099 viewsqprnaas

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 14:37 - Sep 19 by Northernr

That's not true on the Man of the Match thing, he got one at least the other week (maybe Hull at home) because I retweeted the announcement of it.

It's also not what my Rotherham mate says, who's increasingly surprised we've let them have him.

Says here hes got 2... confirming what ur mate thinks

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38225792
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 03:57 - Sep 20 with 2020 viewstimcocking

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:39 - Sep 19 by R_from_afar

Look, I didn't want him to be sent out on loan either but our delicate finances were behind the decision. FFP has us by the neck and the club needs to be run sustainably.

RFA

Pardon me, but imo decision didn't happen to save money. It happened because McClaren has no interest (doesn't have the time) in developing our young players. He wants to spend money on experienced loanees because it's an easier way to try and secure his job. Why wouldn't he? He's not a QPR man. They've all done that, apart from Holloway, and whoever we get in next will probably do it as well.

It hasn't saved us money, it's cost us money. It hasn't helped the team, it's hindered the team. It hasn't helped foster loyalty in one of our own players, it's probably been detrimental to his relationship with the club. We're just bloody lucky a miracle has appeared in recent weeks to protect us from our own stupidity.

Everybody involved with QPR will realise they made a mistake on this, McClaren included. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be disasterous.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 4:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 05:55 - Sep 20 with 2003 viewstraininvain

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 03:57 - Sep 20 by timcocking

Pardon me, but imo decision didn't happen to save money. It happened because McClaren has no interest (doesn't have the time) in developing our young players. He wants to spend money on experienced loanees because it's an easier way to try and secure his job. Why wouldn't he? He's not a QPR man. They've all done that, apart from Holloway, and whoever we get in next will probably do it as well.

It hasn't saved us money, it's cost us money. It hasn't helped the team, it's hindered the team. It hasn't helped foster loyalty in one of our own players, it's probably been detrimental to his relationship with the club. We're just bloody lucky a miracle has appeared in recent weeks to protect us from our own stupidity.

Everybody involved with QPR will realise they made a mistake on this, McClaren included. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out to be disasterous.

Apart from Lumley and Eze. This time last year we played Millwall at home (drew 2-2) and here’s the team:

1Smithies
20Baptiste
5Onuoha
18Robinson
22Wszolek
21Luongo
11Scowen
7Freeman
3Bidwell
9Washington
12Mackie

Look at all those young players!!
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 12:50 - Sep 20 with 1934 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 03:57 - Sep 20 by timcocking

Not going to argue about the money because we simply don't know.

But no way is Manning in last nights team (For who exactly?) making us better.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:08 - Sep 20 with 1927 viewsTGRRRSSS

You don't have to be in the first 11, he'd have been a useful Sub last night to come on late on and pick up the ball and run at them.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:23 - Sep 20 with 1912 viewsCamberleyR

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:08 - Sep 20 by TGRRRSSS

You don't have to be in the first 11, he'd have been a useful Sub last night to come on late on and pick up the ball and run at them.

Yes, but that's all he would be here at the moment, a useful sub. At this stage of his development (let's not forget he's 22) he needs to be getting regular first team Championship football which Rotherham are giving him and not just making cameos from the bench.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 13:25]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 16:37 - Sep 20 with 1872 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 13:08 - Sep 20 by TGRRRSSS

So would little Smith or BOS or Pav - that's the point, plenty in pecking order above him - manger's call as always.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 02:33 - Sep 21 with 1801 viewstimcocking

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 10:42 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

It amazes me that in 2018 fans still think players are fans of the club they play for.

My 2nd amazed moment of the day is after a week or so off here, the obsession that is Ryan Manning continues.

People now act as if loyalty doesn't exist because it's 2018 and the media tell them it is so. Just absolutely not true. Would you leave your missus for a richer model? Some would, others wouldn't. Don't let them fool you into thinking tenets such as honour and loyalty are no longer relevant. That's just what the corporations want people to believe. Of course, it's predominantly true and everybody has their price. But you bring a young lad over from the league of Ireland and set him up as a millionaire in London, and potentially they can, over time, depending upon the character in question, develop a certain amount of love and loyalty for a club. Anybody remember Alan Macdonald? Not everybody revolves only around money. Anybody think Gary Neville isn't loyal to Man Utd? Even journeymen can form an attachment to a club, look at Clint Hill. Certainly a youngster if he's treated well. I'm not saying he'd turn down a move to Barcelona, but it could potentially help make the difference between a contract extension and another season or two and some added passion in the performances he gives. By treating him how we have done, we've probably scuppered any chance of that.

Also, we all know what the single most elusive and important attribute any professional footballer can have, don't we? An eye for goal. Some people can and will always score, others can't usually manage it. Now it's early to say, but Ryan has given absolutely every sign of being one of those players who just might pop up with a goal. How likely are Bidwell, Cousins, Scowen, Cameron to score us a goal?

And people still using ffp to defend this decision? Clearly, there's a misunderstanding on their part of how saving money actually works. You don't save money by loaning in a handful of 30+ premier league rejects. The decision was made to abandon our youngsters whatever the cost, after the train wreck of a start we made. Who fault was it released all our good/experienced players, made a foreign debutant captain and insisted on playing out from the back at 7-1 down? I suppose you could argue we'll save money if we manage to stay up, that'd be a fair shout. Could just be better to spend the time developing our own youngsters? What price on Kakay losing a whole season of playing experience when he'd looked so promising. We'll never know now. Loads of our young players must have gone from delighted to gutted since Steve joined. Ryan was bombed out prematurely because they didn't see him getting a game, not to save money. And it was a poor decision.

Anyway, life goes on.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 18:29 - Sep 21 with 1727 viewsJamesB1979

I didn’t want Manning sent out on loan but some of the stuff written above? Far too emotional, more driven by love of Holloway than anything else.

Manning was not a regular starter last season. Even if you say that McLaren rated him equally to Holloway, Manning would for the most part have been on the bench this season.
Now he should hopefully get 40 games under his belt as a regular starter.

Talk of all this expense on the loans and how McLaren is just buying short term is nonsense.
We lost Nedum, Smithies, Robinson and Perch from our squad last season. We’ve replaced them with Leinster and Rangel. Not only is our squad weaker but losing 4 and replacing with the 2 we got (1 on short term due to Furlong injury), would leave us with quite a gain with wages (not to mention Smithies transfer fee) with which to get in 3 good loan signings.

I don’t buy this change of direction with regards to youth. Who were the youngsters in Holloway’s 1st team. Smithies, Nedum, Furlong, Robinson, Bidwell, Luongo, Scowen, Freeman, Smith, Pav/Eze, Washington/Sylla/Smyth

3 of them have left and 1 is injured. The youth players that have supposedly been forgotten were on the bench normally....just as they are this season.

I couldn’t care less about the badge kissing but would you have same reaction if Holloway had loaned him out? I’d think about priorities if you do.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 19:50 - Sep 21 with 1643 viewsCiderwithRsie

It's all getting a bit emotional isn't it?

My take on Manning is that in 2016-17 he was probably our outstanding midfielder, admittedly in a poor season, then slipped down the pecking order last year behind "Scowongaman" and now is apparently behind Cousins.

Well, that happens, and both club and players have to be pragmatic about this stuff. We have too many players in the squad and if he has to go on loan, so be it, but it'll be a shame if a bloke we thought might be a regular by now ends up slipping away from the club - it feels like a lot of faff to be no further forward (in his position) than we were in 2016 while we've only just addressed the striker problem.

I think McClaren's inward transfers have been spot on, addressing the exact areas that were needed with the right sort of guys, it's shame they're loans but that's unavoidable. I was spooked about the youth angle because after two terrible games where McClaren seemed to have lost the dressing room and was making some strange selections he was giving us the old "need to get more players in" line while sending Manning out on loan. Since then he's got the team playing and reinforced where we knew we needed it.

Fact is that we started the season short of strikers and a central defender but still had too many players on the books. We've got too many midfielders and some will have to go. If McClaren can get e.g. Cousins and Wszolek up to scratch it gives us options as to who we sell when we do.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 20:44 - Sep 21 with 1621 viewsTacticalR

Does anybody know if it was a peck on the cheek or a full-blown snog?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 20:49]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024