Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still far too narrow 22:53 - Sep 19 with 3135 viewsbosh67

Good win. Understand why Hemed didn't start. Like Wells. But no width yet again. No feeding the forwards. Wells forced to go wide to get anything. Just don't get manager after manager not really understanding that flying wingers stretch defences, especially when they get tired. Millwall had a right go at us second half and although I thought we absorbed quite well we just didn't have real width to catch them on the counter attack and make them pay. It kind of means we are one dimensional and again we end up being the ones stretched as the game goes on.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 22:54]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Still far too narrow on 22:58 - Sep 19 with 3079 viewsAntti_Heinola

those managers would say flying wingers leave holes in the middle of the park other teams exploit.

Bare bones.

Still far too narrow on 23:28 - Sep 19 with 2956 viewssmegma

Erm, we created more chances in the last 15 minutes than Millwall so we were hardly being stretched, the opposite in fact. We made them look poor for large parts of the game tonight. Last season we hardly turned up for any of the London derby games.
Still far too narrow on 23:43 - Sep 19 with 2888 viewsWadR

Agree to an extent. Think there were times when both Freeman and Cousins turned inside and we we really could've done with the balance of having an out and out winger in Wszolek on the right. Understand why Cousins was preferred for defensive stability though.

But actually think Wells' movement drifting out wide was well calculated, intelligent and dragged the Wall defence around frequently. We created plenty of chances, mostly from clever interchange between Wells, Eze and Freeman and I liked having them all close to each other.
Still far too narrow on 00:06 - Sep 20 with 2806 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I actually thought we were quite comfortable and easily the best team. They were bound to change things in the second half but we still had several good chanced to score more. I'm delighted. People seem to have quickly forgotten the shambles we were a month ago.
Still far too narrow on 00:07 - Sep 20 with 2804 viewsconnell10

Don’t like to mention this mate but we won 2-0 so who gives a f uck! Just saying like!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Still far too narrow on 00:38 - Sep 20 with 2754 viewsbosh67

Still far too narrow on 00:07 - Sep 20 by connell10

Don’t like to mention this mate but we won 2-0 so who gives a f uck! Just saying like!

I am not complaining about winning. Feel we consistently lack width to stretch teams but not complaining about results. Just saying like!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Still far too narrow on 00:39 - Sep 20 with 2749 viewsbob566

Still far too narrow on 00:07 - Sep 20 by connell10

This. Best half of footie ive seen us play in years. Then shut it out second half.
Still far too narrow on 02:14 - Sep 20 with 2661 viewsjtuck

Still far too narrow on 00:39 - Sep 20 by bob566

This. Best half of footie ive seen us play in years. Then shut it out second half.

Whisper it quietly but McLaren may be a motivator as well as a training ground whizz. Wonderful to see the Rs start on the front foot and play with passion in a London derby. He warned beforehand it would be an 'explosive' game and that looked well over-the-top but if comments like that got the team to battle and be up for it, then that's a good development. I can see people saying all the four teams we've played in our Championship unbeaten run were poor and that's true. But that's the nature of this division. Just gotta be less crappy than the other team.

LAranger

Login to get fewer ads

Still far too narrow on 03:00 - Sep 20 with 2621 viewstimcocking

Remarkable turnaround. I wonder four games ago, what odds of three wins and a draw? I wonder exactly what could have been less likely? Level with a meteor strike, or less likely?

Well done Steve, well done everybody.

Re op and no width, well we've got Freeman and Eze both on, who are neither wingers. Now isn't the time to be fiddling with formation. Wait for the results to dry up, then Bob's yer uncle, you drop one of them, move the other central, bring in Bright and Pawel. Sorted for Es and whizz.

It's nice to know we actually have a legitimate plan B, and even a plan C (Matt Smith). It is one thing that is very noticeable at present; the subs bench is looking pretty good.
Still far too narrow on 08:10 - Sep 20 with 2434 viewsozexile

Still far too narrow on 22:58 - Sep 19 by Antti_Heinola

those managers would say flying wingers leave holes in the middle of the park other teams exploit.

Spot on.
Still far too narrow on 08:28 - Sep 20 with 2365 viewsNorthernr

I thought we were good last night.
Still far too narrow on 08:33 - Sep 20 with 2349 viewsTheChef

McLaren explained post match that Hemed had been observing Yom Kippur (Jewish Day of Atonement) which includes a fast of 25 hours from 7pm Tuesday night to 8pm Wednesday night - hence him starting from the bench.

Fair play to him for playing anyway, last thing I'd want to do after 25 hours fasting is play football!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Still far too narrow on 09:07 - Sep 20 with 2252 viewsRangersDave

i may have been asleeep, but arent some of the loans only up till Christmas?

if so whats the longer term plan, as we will surely need replacements for them?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Still far too narrow on 09:24 - Sep 20 with 2204 viewsCamberleyR

Still far too narrow on 09:07 - Sep 20 by RangersDave

i may have been asleeep, but arent some of the loans only up till Christmas?

if so whats the longer term plan, as we will surely need replacements for them?

No, Wells, Hemed and Cameron season long. Doesn't mean to say that Burnley, Brighton and Stoke can't recall them in January though.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45286047
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45370222

Rangel isn't a loan, he was signed as a free agent on a five month deal. If the finances allowed, I'd be geting him to extend to the the end of the season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Still far too narrow on 09:36 - Sep 20 with 2170 viewsRangersDave

Still far too narrow on 09:24 - Sep 20 by CamberleyR

No, Wells, Hemed and Cameron season long. Doesn't mean to say that Burnley, Brighton and Stoke can't recall them in January though.

Rangel isn't a loan, he was signed as a free agent on a five month deal. If the finances allowed, I'd be geting him to extend to the the end of the season.

Cheers mate,

god i hope they don't recall them as there is no doubt we are better with them than without.

Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Still far too narrow on 10:07 - Sep 20 with 2108 viewsdaveB

would agree we did lack width, similar to last season but only way to get wingers in the side is to drop Freeman and Eze who were both excellent again so going to have to stick with it. I was really impressed with us in the first half, some really good football and they couldn't live with us.

Also loved how snide we were second half, delaying free kicks, taking our time on everything. Kind of things teams always do to us and we moan about
Still far too narrow on 10:23 - Sep 20 with 2071 viewsPinnerPaul

Still far too narrow on 08:28 - Sep 20 by Northernr

I thought we were good last night.

So did I.

As I've said on 'Just back' - Cameron the key for me - especially 1st half.

Released Mass and Cousins to be more creative, protected back four and allowed Eze/Freeman to push further forward.

When he tired we got worse, but did come strong again last 15 which was good to see.
Still far too narrow on 12:42 - Sep 20 with 1931 viewsQPR_John

Still far too narrow on 09:24 - Sep 20 by CamberleyR

Can anybody point to chapter and verse on this. I always thought a season long loan was just that and the player could not be recalled. If the player can be recalled why call it a season long loan and not just simply a loan
Still far too narrow on 12:51 - Sep 20 with 1915 viewssmegma

Still too much moaning on here. We were diabolical against West Brom and Bristol City agreed. We win and still every one is an expert. I prefer to let the manager do his job. He did say 'judge me after 10/11 games ' about 8 weeks ago. I have no idea what cheese he prefers.
Still far too narrow on 12:56 - Sep 20 with 1902 viewsCamberleyR

Still far too narrow on 12:42 - Sep 20 by QPR_John

Can anybody point to chapter and verse on this. I always thought a season long loan was just that and the player could not be recalled. If the player can be recalled why call it a season long loan and not just simply a loan

I've no idea but we've exercised that perogative ourselves with Furlong at Swindon. I think any recall clause has to be stipulated at the start of the loan agreement.
Paragraph 55 gives a bit more detail.
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

We'll just have to hope that Burnley, Brighton and Stoke didn't put recall clauses in.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Still far too narrow on 12:57 - Sep 20 with 1901 viewsPinnerPaul

Still far too narrow on 12:51 - Sep 20 by smegma

Still too much moaning on here. We were diabolical against West Brom and Bristol City agreed. We win and still every one is an expert. I prefer to let the manager do his job. He did say 'judge me after 10/11 games ' about 8 weeks ago. I have no idea what cheese he prefers.

See what you mean but its not too bad (for on here!)

Think some have unrealistic expectations, you rarely win games dominating another team playing well for 90 mins and get no luck doing it!

As others have said before, its really about grinding out the results in this Div - not much between the teams as can be seen by us being 3 points off the play offs in 16th!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024