Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells 00:41 - Sep 20 with 2305 viewsbosh67

Just needs that goal doesn't he. Great movement, control, vision. Having to play a similar role to Washington but seems to read the game so much better. The goals will come.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells on 01:18 - Sep 20 with 2242 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Stretches defences and creates opportunities for others. It's no coincidence that Eze, Freeman and Luongo have all improved (and scored) since Wells and Hemed joined. Deserves a goal; let's hope he starts scoring soon.
Wells on 03:31 - Sep 20 with 2167 viewstimcocking

I remember somebody on here suggesting we buy Nahki Wells years back in his Bradford days. Who was it said that?

Looks alright thus far, and i always like players to be quick and lively, he seems to be that. Hope he gets a goal or two soon to help him settle. Otherwise he might turn into Connor.
Wells on 06:47 - Sep 20 with 2071 viewsGuppy22

The runs he makes are fantastic, no offence to Washington but this boy shows the difference a good striker makes, he gave their defence nightmares all night and not a minutes rest. Having a striker like him keeps the other teams defence honest and they defend deeper giving our midfield more opportunities as we saw last night.
Wells on 07:32 - Sep 20 with 1942 viewsEsox_Lucius

Wells on 03:31 - Sep 20 by timcocking

I remember somebody on here suggesting we buy Nahki Wells years back in his Bradford days. Who was it said that?

Looks alright thus far, and i always like players to be quick and lively, he seems to be that. Hope he gets a goal or two soon to help him settle. Otherwise he might turn into Connor.

I was banging on to anyone who would listen about getting Nahki Wells and Joe Lolley in a few seasons back as I felt it would give us the pace and guile that we so needed at the time.

The grass is always greener.

Wells on 07:50 - Sep 20 with 1872 viewskingsburyR

Felt he over played slightly at times when spreading the ball wide would have been a more productive option.

Saying that, he has massively improved the team.

Like Rangel also. Dare I say it but we look fairly solid.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Wells on 08:18 - Sep 20 with 1798 viewsWokingR

Don't worry, I'll get him his goal.
I've backed him as my first goalscorer every week so far in the prediction league. If I finally back someone else you just know he'll get one.
Wells on 08:31 - Sep 20 with 1746 viewsLblock

Quite a few of us were banging his drum so to speak back in his early Bradford days

I made a bold statement amongst my piers that if we signed him AND Hemed plus added pace at the back then we’d be play off contenders. A shame the pace at the back remains out until Furlong returns (wouldnt be averse to him at CB and Kakay at RB), but we’ll continue our march towards mid table in any case

Wells is a beautiful player, summed up last night in his lay off, move into space get the ball back and a lovely touch to roll the defender who brought him down on the edge of the box and somehow didn’t get booked (minimal contact though). He is light years ahead of anything Toshington ever offered us and if you look at the comparable cost of the two we got the lucky end of a stick there.

I’m also looking at what this does to players around him and it does appear to lift their game. Options are there, confidence is up and fitness levels rising - Matt Smith looks trimmer for instance. I just hope we can still integrate and show pathways to the young uns as I’d like to see more of Smyth, have a look at Oteh and give that level an incentive

Great three points last night. Wells hatrick against the six finger mob on Saturday please!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wells on 09:16 - Sep 20 with 1646 viewsrsonist

A Huddersfield fan I know told me Nahki's not a really clinical striker in his view - when they went up he could have scored twice as many as the 17 he got he reckons - but as we're seeing now is a really tidy player when his tail's up and playing regularly in an enterprising system (good enough for us right now obviously). Soured a bit for him there when he started angling for a move and didn't work to win his place back when he fell down the pecking order.
Login to get fewer ads

Wells on 09:38 - Sep 20 with 1583 viewsBoston

Big fan of Wells, another who would have liked to have seen him here years ago. Delighted he’s finally wearing hoops.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wells on 09:57 - Sep 20 with 1529 viewssimmo

He's a genuine class apart, considering what little football he's played in the last few years he looks sharp and his touch is great. Last night was another level because he showed that he can do good work even as a lone striker. He was making runs on the shoulder, working the channels, coming short, rolling centre backs, it was a bit of a master class TBH.

I think his lack of goals so far are also to do with the runs he makes and the hard work he does, he ends up out wide as he's made a good run behind the full back and it means there's space centrally for Eze, etc - exactly the way we got the 2nd goal. I can't recall a clear chance he's had barring a bit of a sighter at Birmingham but I'm so confident that if/when it falls his way, he will be clinical.

Great loan signing, let's hope he maintains his hunger and keeps motivated enough to prove a point because we're a much better team with him in it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wells on 10:49 - Sep 20 with 1462 viewsHarbour

Wells is class he played very well last night will not be long before he gets on the scoresheet. He reads the game very well intelligent footballer has guile I really rate him what we have been crying out for a while now
Wells on 12:20 - Sep 20 with 1339 viewsrobith

Hoping he scores soon as he seemed quite dejected last night, but I actually don't mind his "drought" because he's playing fantastically and really opening up the game for our midfield players
Wells on 13:36 - Sep 20 with 1236 viewsTonto

Wells on 12:20 - Sep 20 by robith

Hoping he scores soon as he seemed quite dejected last night, but I actually don't mind his "drought" because he's playing fantastically and really opening up the game for our midfield players

Trouble is the btter he plays, the more expensive it will be to make it permanent...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Wells on 14:59 - Sep 20 with 1157 viewsBklynRanger

Wells has made such a difference I honestly hadn't noticed that he hasn't scored yet.
Wells on 15:13 - Sep 20 with 1127 viewsHantsR

Wells on 03:31 - Sep 20 by timcocking

I clearly remember that he was a QPR potential target in 2014 and I was disappointed when he joined Huddersfield.
Wells on 20:45 - Sep 20 with 958 viewsJigsore

no doubt we've had a bit of luck over the past few games defensively but Wells and Hemed's positional play gives the entire team so much room to have a breather rather than been under constant pressure and making mistakes because of sheer frequency. Allows our midfielders more time on the ball too since they're a lot more worried about Wells drifting wide than Washington bravely into a dead end. Admittedly Rangel has been been part of that too but i'm still hoping Kakay gets a few more chances before Furlong is back and he's behind two players.

I was so angry at McClaren after that Bristol City game because he clearly couldn't do a thing with Smith/Sylla who Holloway had managed to wring performances out of despite their limitations. I had no idea we still had the clout to bring in players of Hemed and Wells' quality so fair play I suppose. I would not like to know where we'd be if the club hadn't managed to pull those signings out the bag too.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wells on 00:15 - Sep 21 with 872 viewsDevon_4_England

Big fan of Wells. Like many above always hoped he'd sign for us at and he's slotted in brilliantly.

Rangel seems a class act and both Hemed and Cameron are the sort of players we needed after the start we had.

Excellent loan signings who have made an obvious different and will help our younger players.

Hopefully see Smyth picked soon, maybe off the bench this weekend or start against Blackpool
Wells on 00:57 - Sep 21 with 863 viewstimcocking

Wells on 07:32 - Sep 20 by Esox_Lucius

I was banging on to anyone who would listen about getting Nahki Wells and Joe Lolley in a few seasons back as I felt it would give us the pace and guile that we so needed at the time.

I shall give you two bonus points for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024