Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans eh? 13:38 - Sep 20 with 7329 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was having a trawl through one of their MB's for a little bit of perspective and I found this. Family club of the year my arse.
https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/diversity.32028/

The grass is always greener.

Millwall fans eh? on 11:00 - Sep 21 with 1739 viewsBlackCrowe

Trouble is that the club get away with saying that it's a minority of their fanbase, ignoring the fact that the minority is far bigger than probably any other club. 49.9% is a minority.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Millwall fans eh? on 11:17 - Sep 21 with 1724 viewsDorse

After following the link in the OP and reading what they have to say, I am delighted to report that I have someone new to hate, replacing John 'Misunderstood Multiculturalist' Terry at number 1. I would like to go on record as thanking Mr Terry for all his hard work and unstinting contribution to lowering the national IQ over the years but I feel it is time to move on and reserve my scorn for a more deserving group.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Millwall fans eh? on 11:34 - Sep 21 with 1678 viewsBeckenhamhoop

They’re just lovable rogues! Bang on though about the Chislehurst and Petts Wood crews 😂

Regarding the link in the OP. Some of the comments are unacceptable but, as an atheist, I believe any religion is up for ridicule including Judaism.
Millwall fans eh? on 11:38 - Sep 21 with 1668 viewsEsox_Lucius

Millwall fans eh? on 11:34 - Sep 21 by Beckenhamhoop

They’re just lovable rogues! Bang on though about the Chislehurst and Petts Wood crews 😂

Regarding the link in the OP. Some of the comments are unacceptable but, as an atheist, I believe any religion is up for ridicule including Judaism.

Ridiculing people because of their beliefs is just as unacceptable IMO. Live and let live. I have an intense dislike of organised religion but respect other peoples right to lead their own life.

Millwall fans eh? on 11:52 - Sep 21 with 1637 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I disagree. Strapping a black cube to your head and starving yourself for 24 hours is bonkers and should invite ridicule. Especially when your a professional sportsman and it means you can’t fulfil your contractual obligations.
Millwall fans eh? on 12:57 - Sep 21 with 1570 viewsDorse

Millwall fans eh? on 11:34 - Sep 21 by Beckenhamhoop

'Some of the comments are unacceptable' and then you effectively repeat them in your next post and justify it through your belief as an atheist? Bit ironic.

I am a Jew. What of it? You are an atheist. Again, what of it? What unites us is far more than what divides us. Ridicule is all well and good but understanding and tolerance makes for a more positive life experience. People have struggled for both our rights of expression: why use the privilege to denigrate others' beliefs?

And that, in a nutshell, is why the 'comments are unacceptable' - they create an 'other', an 'out group' if you will, that allows for stereotyping, prejudice and, in extremis, hatred to develop. It has happened before, is happening now and will happen again.

But only if we let it.

Shalom.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Millwall fans eh? on 13:09 - Sep 21 with 1553 viewsCiderwithRsie

Tricky issue really - I mean if someone belongs to a weird sub-culture, doesn't conform to 21st century standards of civilised behaviour, can barely speak English and spends their Saturdays indulging in ritual activities such as incomprehensible chanting, should we tolerate them, maybe reach out to them, even invite them into our home?

Or should we just tell them to f*ck off back to Millwall?
Millwall fans eh? on 13:10 - Sep 21 with 1553 viewsrobith

Millwall fans eh? on 11:52 - Sep 21 by Beckenhamhoop

I disagree. Strapping a black cube to your head and starving yourself for 24 hours is bonkers and should invite ridicule. Especially when your a professional sportsman and it means you can’t fulfil your contractual obligations.

Yeah! When Jewish people do it, it's "Yom Kippur", but when I do it, it's "inappropriate for this children's playground" and "Making a scene"
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans eh? on 01:18 - Sep 22 with 1275 viewsBoston

I always thought they’d got it the wrong way around at the Den, the cage should be for the home fans.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Millwall fans eh? on 08:07 - Sep 22 with 1169 viewsEsox_Lucius

Millwall fans eh? on 11:52 - Sep 21 by Beckenhamhoop

That's an opinion, not a fact, and is in itself offensive.

Millwall fans eh? on 13:57 - Sep 22 with 1014 viewsLythamR

Millwall fans eh? on 08:07 - Sep 22 by Esox_Lucius

That's an opinion, not a fact, and is in itself offensive.

When Jade Goody said she thought Norfolk was abroad she was ridiculed by almost everyone in the country.

And yet the notion is only as ridiculous as every single religion and harmed nobody

Accepting a lie against all available evidence, moulding your life on a lie, encouraging children to grow up to believe the lies and oppressing or killing your neighbours for believing slightly different lies, THATS offensive to me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024