Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League clubs tracking Eze 22:50 - Sep 20 with 10046 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Scouts from 5 PL clubs at last night's match, apparently to watch Eze. Thank heavens he signed a contract extension.

With FFP still casting a shadow over the club, would you take a big money offer for him now or prefer him to stick around for a while?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-star-eberechi-eze-shows-why-premie
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 22:51]
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 12:35 - Sep 21 with 2541 viewsrsonist

That being said, with the money sloshing around I'm fairly surprised that it's only really Chelsea that are still fully embracing the hoover em up and loan em out strategy (and even then they only do it for teenagers).

Spurs used to do it quite well before they got big - a decade ago they'd have snapped up the likes of Sessegnon, Cook, Brooks, Maddison, Hughes before they got big - but since Alli it's all dried up. It'll bite them on the arris in a few years I think.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 12:42 - Sep 21 with 2535 viewsrsonist

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:40 - Sep 21 by Bluce_Ree

My absolute pet hate when it comes to football fandom is when people want us to sell our best assets. Why even be a fan if you'd rather have a pile of cash instead of a brilliant, entertaining player?

Firstly, let the club worry about balancing the books. It's not like that money will improve your experience as a fan anyway.

Secondly, when it comes to players you can't guarantee that you'll replace a good player with one that is as good. This is QPR. We could have Messi playing out on the wing for us and he'd probably be shit. Eze is doing the business. That's worth more than anything. Don't take it for granted.

Thirdly, if we sell him we deserve to go down and probably will. It'd literally be us rolling over and asking to get our bellies tickled.

Fourth, do you really trust this board and Les to do the right thing with the money?

Stop being fking armchair accountants. Fk the business of football and fk FFP. Occasionally even lowly QPR should be allowed to have nice things. A 25m pile of cash isn't going to ghost past a full back.

And also, fk every Prem club ever. C*nts the lot of them if you ask me. Like they haven't all got a bunch of decent midfielders already. We practically gave away Smithies and I'm still smarting from us letting Southampton have Austin while doing us arse, gob, arse in that order.

I think we should keep him and if any more scouts turn up we should throw them in the shitty 'restricted view' seats. Dirty parasites scutting around for our players. The can scout this dick.

"Fourth, do you really trust this board and Les to do the right thing with the money? "

Not to say they'll definitely find another Eze immediately and never make another rick again but I do actually yeah. Early days but this summer's acquisitions are quietly starting to look spot on, and that would be no mean feat.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 13:01 - Sep 21 with 2495 viewsQPR_John

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:13 - Sep 21 by davman

That is the correct, pragmatic answer, but the reality comes down to what the books say we need to comply with these sh1tty regulations.

Basically, if we are facing a shortfall of £6m (say) at the end of this season and if the FL demonstrate that they are prepared to follow through on the threats that their new sustainability and profitability rules make to those who break them by caning Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Forest or any other break the bankers, our board may well get spooked and accept £10m or less to balance the books.

Face it, everyone now knows that we have to be a selling club and they WILL take advantage. Norwich weren't quite there when offers came in for Madison, so could hold out and there would have been a biddling war. I am not so sure that our board's resolve is so strong and they are currently sh1tscared of the S&P rules...

"Basically, if we are facing a shortfall of £6m (say) at the end of this season and if the FL demonstrate that they are prepared to follow through on the threats that their new sustainability and profitability rules make to those who break them by caning Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Forest or any other break the bankers, our board may well get spooked and accept £10m or less to balance the books.'

And that sums up FFP perfectly. Clubs cannot buy without breaking FFP and cannot keep hold of the talent that have because of FFP
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 13:04 - Sep 21 with 2486 viewsPunteR

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:40 - Sep 21 by Bluce_Ree

My absolute pet hate when it comes to football fandom is when people want us to sell our best assets. Why even be a fan if you'd rather have a pile of cash instead of a brilliant, entertaining player?

Firstly, let the club worry about balancing the books. It's not like that money will improve your experience as a fan anyway.

Secondly, when it comes to players you can't guarantee that you'll replace a good player with one that is as good. This is QPR. We could have Messi playing out on the wing for us and he'd probably be shit. Eze is doing the business. That's worth more than anything. Don't take it for granted.

Thirdly, if we sell him we deserve to go down and probably will. It'd literally be us rolling over and asking to get our bellies tickled.

Fourth, do you really trust this board and Les to do the right thing with the money?

Stop being fking armchair accountants. Fk the business of football and fk FFP. Occasionally even lowly QPR should be allowed to have nice things. A 25m pile of cash isn't going to ghost past a full back.

And also, fk every Prem club ever. C*nts the lot of them if you ask me. Like they haven't all got a bunch of decent midfielders already. We practically gave away Smithies and I'm still smarting from us letting Southampton have Austin while doing us arse, gob, arse in that order.

I think we should keep him and if any more scouts turn up we should throw them in the shitty 'restricted view' seats. Dirty parasites scutting around for our players. The can scout this dick.

Post.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 13:57 - Sep 21 with 2393 viewsisawqpratwcity

No point in getting excited now. Absolutely nothing can happen for months.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 14:15 - Sep 21 with 2367 viewsRblockPrior

If sold at the end of this season with Eze having a good season, we will get 10million max

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 14:55 - Sep 21 with 2320 viewskensalriser

He's barely ready for the Championship, never mind the PL.

Still, after ten points from four games it's good to have something to fret about again.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 17:14 - Sep 21 with 2190 viewsderbyhoop

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:58 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

'That's all it is'.

Glad you're not a cout at QPR Simmo ;)

He's a class above. Said months ago he won't be here next season (he won't), so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Just hope we get him for the whole season and not just until January. He's got it all. Anything over £10m is a great deal, regardless of what was paid for Maddison.

But in answer to Bluce, of course I don't want him to go.

Fair summary from you and Clive.
I think he has a season with us to develop, iron out his weaknesses (defensively) and we won't be able to keep him.
The ale of Madison has set the level.
I'd like him to stay with us for a few seasons but that is unlikely to be realistic, so a price tag over £20m seems reasonable.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 17:35 - Sep 21 with 2162 viewsheadhoops

Never read so many posts that are so wide of the mark. The scouts were here for Joel Lynch.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 18:10 - Sep 21 with 2131 viewsoldmisery

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 17:35 - Sep 21 by headhoops

Never read so many posts that are so wide of the mark. The scouts were here for Joel Lynch.

Well I hope they turn up tomorrow. That's the best Lynch has ever played for us/anyone?
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 18:39 - Sep 21 with 2093 viewsGloucs_R

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 12:27 - Sep 21 by rsonist

Worth keeping in mind that scouts are watching to observe his development and to see if and how he's surmounted their perceived reservations about him (you would suppose relating to his off the ball work) not to suddenly see whether this 20 year old they've never heard of is any good. I highly doubt his talent has ever been a secret to anyone in scouting circles - he doesn't have the character issues of Adel and our other 10s of yore but again it's not some cosmic fluke he's ended up with us and we didn't have to beat off tons of competition to get him. (We did well to get him signed up to another contract after though).

During the summer we doubted whether the distance between him and Maddison was all that great, but the way the latter has taken to the top flight so far you'd have to concede there was a little more in it than we saw when they played each other. Given our circumstances and the market I'd probably expect £10-15m and some sort of add on stipulation come next summer if he keeps this form up.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had a release clause built into his new three year contract.

Just saying...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 20:18 - Sep 21 with 2005 viewsLowerloftLad

five Scouts that's one way to push up they old attendance

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 23:54 - Sep 21 with 1861 viewsWestbourneR

As I said on day one - special special talent. You’d be mad to hope for anything other than he stays for as long as possible.

He’s literally unique. That first touch, the way he moves and effortlessly ghost past people, the strength and build to go with it - and add goals and vision. He is man with rare talents. And top lad too. Loves Rangers.

What’s not to like???

As Bruce Ree says in his excellent post - anyone who sees Eze play and starts thinking about ‘cashing in’ has no real love for the game or this football club. He’s worth more than any money. Let’s enjoy.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 08:16 - Sep 22 with 1735 viewsNW5Hoop

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 23:54 - Sep 21 by WestbourneR

As I said on day one - special special talent. You’d be mad to hope for anything other than he stays for as long as possible.

He’s literally unique. That first touch, the way he moves and effortlessly ghost past people, the strength and build to go with it - and add goals and vision. He is man with rare talents. And top lad too. Loves Rangers.

What’s not to like???

As Bruce Ree says in his excellent post - anyone who sees Eze play and starts thinking about ‘cashing in’ has no real love for the game or this football club. He’s worth more than any money. Let’s enjoy.

I don't think anyone *wants* him to go. It's a delight to have someone fun to watch. It's more the grim inevitability of knowing that if he's as good as we think he is, he just *will* go. And chances are he'll be the one to drive that: he's going to get clubs offering him a lot more money than he can earn at QPR and he'll want to go to one of them. I wish it weren't that way, but things have changed. Very good players almost never stay at smaller clubs any longer.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:06 - Sep 22 with 1706 viewsoldmisery

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 08:16 - Sep 22 by NW5Hoop

I don't think anyone *wants* him to go. It's a delight to have someone fun to watch. It's more the grim inevitability of knowing that if he's as good as we think he is, he just *will* go. And chances are he'll be the one to drive that: he's going to get clubs offering him a lot more money than he can earn at QPR and he'll want to go to one of them. I wish it weren't that way, but things have changed. Very good players almost never stay at smaller clubs any longer.

Agree with both posts. These days we don't have many players that I really hope will be playing when I set off for the match but sadly the days of, for example, expecting to see Rodney or Stan or Dave Thomas performing for the Rangers every week are long gone - so we just have to enjoy them while we can.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:12 - Sep 22 with 1700 viewsJamesB1979

Clubs normally only panic buy in Jan to stay up, so think it highly unlikely anything would happen before the summer.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:22 - Sep 22 with 1688 viewsrunningman75

I think Eze would want to play first team football and great he is getting the chance at QPR. After years of seeing young players not even getting into league teams we now have the prospect of young players coming through. I am sure the loan spell at Wycombe helped his development a lot and we also have a new number 1 goalkeeper in Lumley who also spent time on loan in the lower leagues. Certain players such as Bowler has disappeared into the abyss.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:02 - Sep 22 with 1647 viewsoldmisery

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:22 - Sep 22 by runningman75

I think Eze would want to play first team football and great he is getting the chance at QPR. After years of seeing young players not even getting into league teams we now have the prospect of young players coming through. I am sure the loan spell at Wycombe helped his development a lot and we also have a new number 1 goalkeeper in Lumley who also spent time on loan in the lower leagues. Certain players such as Bowler has disappeared into the abyss.

Bowler made 7 appearances for Everton U23's in the whole of last season apparently yet none this season (of course he may be injured). I hope he's spending his wages wisely.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:05 - Sep 22 with 1647 viewsrsonist

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 23:54 - Sep 21 by WestbourneR

What’s not to like???

"Love for this football club" also includes appreciating the context of the sometimes difficult decisions it has to make for its long term future.

I get the purity of what Bluce is saying but most of the dingbats tweeting at the club to spend its way into oblivion or demanding we abandon players after a couple rough games probably aren't far off thinking the same.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 11:30 - Sep 22 with 1600 viewsDavieQPR

Would just hate the idea that we sell him to a Prem club then they loan him out to someone like Villa for experience.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 13:22 - Sep 22 with 1554 viewsnix

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 11:30 - Sep 22 by DavieQPR

Would just hate the idea that we sell him to a Prem club then they loan him out to someone like Villa for experience.

Hmm but what we could do is sell him on to a premier club with the agreement that he stays with us for one more season on loan, like Spurs did with Alli. He gets the experience he needs of first team football, we get much needed funds, we get to see him for another season.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 15:01 - Sep 22 with 1522 viewsDorse

Sod it. Let's just get promoted with him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 16:34 - Sep 23 with 1419 viewsPinnerPaul

Let's hope they were watching yesterday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024