Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League clubs tracking Eze 22:50 - Sep 20 with 10038 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Scouts from 5 PL clubs at last night's match, apparently to watch Eze. Thank heavens he signed a contract extension.

With FFP still casting a shadow over the club, would you take a big money offer for him now or prefer him to stick around for a while?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-star-eberechi-eze-shows-why-premie
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 22:51]
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 23:01 - Sep 20 with 7432 viewsRangersDave

you know, i'd be veey tempted to offload.

npw before anyone jumps on my back for that, let me say, for clarity, tempted isnt do it.

however, if anyone comes in for him the starting price for the auction should be set at £25m
with a sell on clause too.

no cash in installments or a player exchange....just cash, simple.
it would show our intent NOT to sell our best players and if the right price did come along, then we have done very good business in my eyes.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 23:03 - Sep 20 with 7418 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 23:01 - Sep 20 by RangersDave

you know, i'd be veey tempted to offload.

npw before anyone jumps on my back for that, let me say, for clarity, tempted isnt do it.

however, if anyone comes in for him the starting price for the auction should be set at £25m
with a sell on clause too.

no cash in installments or a player exchange....just cash, simple.
it would show our intent NOT to sell our best players and if the right price did come along, then we have done very good business in my eyes.

God I love that avatar. Sorry, you were saying?
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 23:04 - Sep 20 with 7411 viewskropotkin41

It's clearly unrealistic, but I think that Steve should tell the boy to keep his feet on the ground, play at QPR for at least a couple of seasons and then think about the big money. If he goes as the unfinished article will it really be good for him as a footballer/person?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 01:10 - Sep 21 with 7302 viewstimcocking

What i can't get over - he was wearing black football boots! Marvellous. That should add a zero to any transfer fee.

If i was a billionaire owner, i wouldn't sign anybody who wore yellow and pink boots.

If he leaves now, he'll never get a game anywhere, it'd be the last we heard of him.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 1:10]
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 08:37 - Sep 21 with 7137 viewsenfieldargh

Neil Maddison went from Norwich to Leicester for 26million.

Every month that goes by prices for players inflates. If we can hang on to him for the rest of the season and Eze continues making huge strides then why not 30miliion+++

Maybe a bit deluded but why not?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 08:43 - Sep 21 with 7126 viewsNorthernr

Under contract. See what we get offered next summer. James Madison sets the bar for creative tens who have 18 good months in the Championship.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:13 - Sep 21 with 7031 viewsdavman

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 08:43 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Under contract. See what we get offered next summer. James Madison sets the bar for creative tens who have 18 good months in the Championship.

That is the correct, pragmatic answer, but the reality comes down to what the books say we need to comply with these sh1tty regulations.

Basically, if we are facing a shortfall of £6m (say) at the end of this season and if the FL demonstrate that they are prepared to follow through on the threats that their new sustainability and profitability rules make to those who break them by caning Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Forest or any other break the bankers, our board may well get spooked and accept £10m or less to balance the books.

Face it, everyone now knows that we have to be a selling club and they WILL take advantage. Norwich weren't quite there when offers came in for Madison, so could hold out and there would have been a biddling war. I am not so sure that our board's resolve is so strong and they are currently sh1tscared of the S&P rules...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:29 - Sep 21 with 6982 viewsrobith

I think we're ahead of ourselves here - scouts are probably there so they don't look stupid if someone else buys him

"Well, I filed my report of his performance vs mIllwall gaffer!"
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:34 - Sep 21 with 6963 viewsSimonJames

I have an uneasy feeling that he'll be gone in the next transfer window.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:36 - Sep 21 with 6957 viewsaston_hoop

To be fair, don't clubs have hundreds of scouts these days? he is young and making waves, I'd be shocked if representatives of all 20 prem clubs aren't there in the next few weeks if they haven't already so I'm not sure how much that is news!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:40 - Sep 21 with 6941 viewsBluce_Ree

My absolute pet hate when it comes to football fandom is when people want us to sell our best assets. Why even be a fan if you'd rather have a pile of cash instead of a brilliant, entertaining player?

Firstly, let the club worry about balancing the books. It's not like that money will improve your experience as a fan anyway.

Secondly, when it comes to players you can't guarantee that you'll replace a good player with one that is as good. This is QPR. We could have Messi playing out on the wing for us and he'd probably be shit. Eze is doing the business. That's worth more than anything. Don't take it for granted.

Thirdly, if we sell him we deserve to go down and probably will. It'd literally be us rolling over and asking to get our bellies tickled.

Fourth, do you really trust this board and Les to do the right thing with the money?

Stop being fking armchair accountants. Fk the business of football and fk FFP. Occasionally even lowly QPR should be allowed to have nice things. A 25m pile of cash isn't going to ghost past a full back.

And also, fk every Prem club ever. C*nts the lot of them if you ask me. Like they haven't all got a bunch of decent midfielders already. We practically gave away Smithies and I'm still smarting from us letting Southampton have Austin while doing us arse, gob, arse in that order.

I think we should keep him and if any more scouts turn up we should throw them in the shitty 'restricted view' seats. Dirty parasites scutting around for our players. The can scout this dick.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:00 - Sep 21 with 6881 viewsdaveB

He'll go probably next summer so lets just enjoy him whilst he's here, only chance of keeping him long term is to get promoted which is unlikely
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:12 - Sep 21 with 6821 viewsStanisgod

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:40 - Sep 21 by Bluce_Ree

My absolute pet hate when it comes to football fandom is when people want us to sell our best assets. Why even be a fan if you'd rather have a pile of cash instead of a brilliant, entertaining player?

Firstly, let the club worry about balancing the books. It's not like that money will improve your experience as a fan anyway.

Secondly, when it comes to players you can't guarantee that you'll replace a good player with one that is as good. This is QPR. We could have Messi playing out on the wing for us and he'd probably be shit. Eze is doing the business. That's worth more than anything. Don't take it for granted.

Thirdly, if we sell him we deserve to go down and probably will. It'd literally be us rolling over and asking to get our bellies tickled.

Fourth, do you really trust this board and Les to do the right thing with the money?

Stop being fking armchair accountants. Fk the business of football and fk FFP. Occasionally even lowly QPR should be allowed to have nice things. A 25m pile of cash isn't going to ghost past a full back.

And also, fk every Prem club ever. C*nts the lot of them if you ask me. Like they haven't all got a bunch of decent midfielders already. We practically gave away Smithies and I'm still smarting from us letting Southampton have Austin while doing us arse, gob, arse in that order.

I think we should keep him and if any more scouts turn up we should throw them in the shitty 'restricted view' seats. Dirty parasites scutting around for our players. The can scout this dick.

Brilliant 👍

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:19 - Sep 21 with 6801 views1JD

This. The market sets rate and the number of bidders drives it up further.

He has scored 10 in 42 professional appearances, averaging 1 in 4. And several of those were sub appearances.

He will score 10-15 goals this debut season, Madison got 14 in his debut season and went for 24m. Eze is also one year younger. As for Grealish, they want 40m for him at Villa! A great player but I actually think Eze is more gifted. He scores more goals too. And loads more to come including no doubt an England U21 / Nigerian U21 call up shortly which will add to the valuation.

Such a special talent. It’s like we’ve got Taraabt back! Higher praise could not be given.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:25 - Sep 21 with 6779 viewsstevenagehoop

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 09:13 - Sep 21 by davman

That is the correct, pragmatic answer, but the reality comes down to what the books say we need to comply with these sh1tty regulations.

Basically, if we are facing a shortfall of £6m (say) at the end of this season and if the FL demonstrate that they are prepared to follow through on the threats that their new sustainability and profitability rules make to those who break them by caning Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Forest or any other break the bankers, our board may well get spooked and accept £10m or less to balance the books.

Face it, everyone now knows that we have to be a selling club and they WILL take advantage. Norwich weren't quite there when offers came in for Madison, so could hold out and there would have been a biddling war. I am not so sure that our board's resolve is so strong and they are currently sh1tscared of the S&P rules...

There is a difference between being a competent selling club and giving players away for silly money. Let’s hope we are the former.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:31 - Sep 21 with 6750 viewssimmo

No offers entertained for at least a season, also some good performances and 3 goals is a brilliant start, but that's all it is. Someone like Maddison for example had consistency and great numbers over a whole season after a couple of years playing 20+ games at Coventry.

Let's just wait and see, he's under enough pressure as it is and we should try our best not to overhype him (although he's not helping with that - he had a first touch the other night that was so good it gave me whooping cough).

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:37 - Sep 21 with 6732 viewspaulparker

if Norwich got 25 million for Maddison then I don't see why we shouldn't look for that with Eze , the good thing about the game the other night being on the TV is it must have added a few more million onto the valuation ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:52 - Sep 21 with 6688 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:31 - Sep 21 by simmo

No offers entertained for at least a season, also some good performances and 3 goals is a brilliant start, but that's all it is. Someone like Maddison for example had consistency and great numbers over a whole season after a couple of years playing 20+ games at Coventry.

Let's just wait and see, he's under enough pressure as it is and we should try our best not to overhype him (although he's not helping with that - he had a first touch the other night that was so good it gave me whooping cough).

There was one move he did second half over near R block. Right on the touch line, didn’t look much on. Wihin a moment he’d taken one touch completely taking their defender out of it. Another touch to set up a cross which he delivered to perfection. It was so simple and so brilliant all at once

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:58 - Sep 21 with 6667 viewsAntti_Heinola

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 10:31 - Sep 21 by simmo

'That's all it is'.

Glad you're not a cout at QPR Simmo ;)

He's a class above. Said months ago he won't be here next season (he won't), so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Just hope we get him for the whole season and not just until January. He's got it all. Anything over £10m is a great deal, regardless of what was paid for Maddison.

But in answer to Bluce, of course I don't want him to go.

Bare bones.

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 11:13 - Sep 21 with 6628 viewsdavman

Of course, the other thing here is Luke Freeman. If Eze continues to develop, Freeman still shines and Illias Chair moves on a level, this may mean that we would be able to get £3-4m for Luke, which could keep the FFP sharks at bay for another year.

Still, as good ol' Bluce says above, let others worry about the dosh, let's just enjoy him whilst he is with us...

I reckon it'll be next summer or the following January...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 11:27 - Sep 21 with 6583 viewsHAYESBOY

Think we would have to consider 15 million plus. We could accept a high offer with a stipulation he stays with us for the rest of the season.
Or as above wait until the summer.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 11:38 - Sep 21 with 6541 views2Thomas2Bowles

No doubt a get-out at £3M and new aways shirts with the ladies getting the pink kit and maybe some oranges

Who was shouting 10M for Smithies

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 11:42 - Sep 21 with 6530 viewsEsox_Lucius

Maybe Ebere thinks that he has work to be done on his game at a competitive level and is willing to see out his contract. He strikes me as being a player with a bit of "smarts" about him and probably realises that a big money move now could just leave him stagnating in the stiffs at a "big club" like Josh Bowler has. He may also know that a season or two of first team football could see him involved in a very big money move in the future.

The grass is always greener.

Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 12:11 - Sep 21 with 6459 viewsNW5Hoop

Very few people here seem to be considering the possibility that the minute Eze gets sounded out by a Premier League club, he'll want out. Which is the most likely option.

I suspect he'll be gone next summer, if his performance levels stay high. Getting him on a longer contract was surely about getting money for him when he leaves, rather than expecting him to stay.
Premier League clubs tracking Eze on 12:27 - Sep 21 with 6399 viewsrsonist

Worth keeping in mind that scouts are watching to observe his development and to see if and how he's surmounted their perceived reservations about him (you would suppose relating to his off the ball work) not to suddenly see whether this 20 year old they've never heard of is any good. I highly doubt his talent has ever been a secret to anyone in scouting circles - he doesn't have the character issues of Adel and our other 10s of yore but again it's not some cosmic fluke he's ended up with us and we didn't have to beat off tons of competition to get him. (We did well to get him signed up to another contract after though).

During the summer we doubted whether the distance between him and Maddison was all that great, but the way the latter has taken to the top flight so far you'd have to concede there was a little more in it than we saw when they played each other. Given our circumstances and the market I'd probably expect £10-15m and some sort of add on stipulation come next summer if he keeps this form up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024