Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Instant and Random Impressions... 19:56 - Sep 22 with 2774 viewsjtuck

...based on watching ESPN + feed in United States.

1) QPR never looked right all night.

2) Dire first half. A Rainy Night in Georgia more interesting than A Rainy Night in Shepherd's Bush.

3) Steven McLaren was late out of the tunnel onto the sideline at both start of first and second half. Shook hands with Norwich manager hurriedly AFTER kick-off at beginning of game. What's he doing back under the stand? Last trip to loo? Calling his Mum?

4) David Moyes was in the crowd. What was he doing there?

5) Leitner for Norwich, Leistner for Rangers. Confusingly German.

6) Why no Kakay?

7) Norwich had 72 percent possession in first half but did little with it. Finished with pitiful 65 percent for game.

8) Eze looked tired, Freeman mostly disappointing except for a rasping shot towards the end.

9) Our first corner came on 79 minutes and wasted with crap short corner routine. Second and last corner on 86, whipped in and caused scramble that saw Luongo pushed with decent shout for Pen.

10) Enjoyable sweeper/keeper header by Lumley in second half.

11) Did my eyes deceive me or was BFG wearing pink boots? Confident, if so.

12) The Finnish striker Pukki (pronounced POOKIE) could finish with his chest for goal. Deflection on cross to him made it slightly lucky.

13) Farke-ing hell, their manager looks strange.

14) Norwich vastly improved from Maddison led team we saw at Loftus Road at the end of last season.

15) Bapiste is a real trier. Got a face block on a Norwich shot from Cantwell.

16) The previous 4/5 games, we have had better players than the other team. More even tonight and our players radically underperformed. Also Farke won the tactical battle with McLaren.

17) Wells looks fitter than Hemed.

18) The Sky Sports curse returns.

LAranger

Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:14 - Sep 22 with 2650 viewsHunterhoop

From being there, what actually was that?!

It was like we sent out to ensure a 0-1 loss for an Indian bookmaker.

The entire 11 were clearly instructed not to press at all in the first half because no one did. No idea why. Norwich had all the ball but bang average players.

We showed all the urgency of a dead sloth.

Scowen spent most of the game yards from the ball and passing to Norwich. However poor he was, Luongo still made several more tackles and offered far more going forward. Not sure what’s happened to Scowen, but he looks dreadful this season. A coincidence our recent run came with him on the bench and now he returns...

Back 4 were fine. Freeman poor. Wells, Hamed and Eze just never got into it. Smith should have come on half an hour earlier.

I just have no idea what McClaren was thinking instructing the players to set up and play as if we were playing Liverpool at home. Very odd. Very frustrating.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 0:23]
Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:26 - Sep 22 with 2608 viewsstevec

Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:14 - Sep 22 by Hunterhoop

From being there, what actually was that?!

It was like we sent out to ensure a 0-1 loss for an Indian bookmaker.

The entire 11 were clearly instructed not to press at all in the first half because no one did. No idea why. Norwich had all the ball but bang average players.

We showed all the urgency of a dead sloth.

Scowen spent most of the game yards from the ball and passing to Norwich. However poor he was, Luongo still made several more tackles and offered far more going forward. Not sure what’s happened to Scowen, but he looks dreadful this season. A coincidence our recent run came with him on the bench and now he returns...

Back 4 were fine. Freeman poor. Wells, Hamed and Eze just never got into it. Smith should have come on half an hour earlier.

I just have no idea what McClaren was thinking instructing the players to set up and play as if we were playing Liverpool at home. Very odd. Very frustrating.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 0:23]

Just about summed it up.

That right back position has been a serious problem for years, and without Rangel the same old problem with the usual result.

Whatever Eze is or will be, he is not the player to help out a floundering old fella whose legs have gone.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:28 - Sep 22 with 2601 viewsMedwayR

The team wasn’t set up correctly and McLaren made no attempt to fix it. Baptiste at RB with Kakay sat on the bench, 2 defensive minded CM’s for a home game neither of whom have started the season well, and 2 no.10’s out wide leaving us narrow & unable to give Hemed & Wells any service. The subs were a roll of the dice but still didn’t make much sense to me, gaping holes appeared everywhere so I’m not sure what the plan was there. No tempo throughout the game, Norwich didn’t get out of 2nd gear & still won.

Poll: Who’s better?

Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:40 - Sep 22 with 2543 views2Thomas2Bowles

swigging from a vodka bottle he has in his desk

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:44 - Sep 22 with 2510 viewsozexile

Very disappointing. Over from Oz and I agree what was that about? Not one tackle or press for the whole 45 mins. It was like the managers agreed to only play football in the second half.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 21:45 - Sep 22 with 2312 viewsDejR_vu

Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:44 - Sep 22 by ozexile

Very disappointing. Over from Oz and I agree what was that about? Not one tackle or press for the whole 45 mins. It was like the managers agreed to only play football in the second half.

Really disappointing from McLaren. It was clear right from the off we weren't at the races. Norwich were overrunning us in midfield and just playing around us. He needed to change the shape but did nothing. When we managed to get in at half-time at 0-0 I assumed he would change things but we just carried on where we left off. We were never going to score in a month of Sundays and he just sat on his hands until their inevitable goal arrived. Weird.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Instant and Random Impressions... on 22:09 - Sep 22 with 2222 viewsozexile

Instant and Random Impressions... on 21:45 - Sep 22 by DejR_vu

Really disappointing from McLaren. It was clear right from the off we weren't at the races. Norwich were overrunning us in midfield and just playing around us. He needed to change the shape but did nothing. When we managed to get in at half-time at 0-0 I assumed he would change things but we just carried on where we left off. We were never going to score in a month of Sundays and he just sat on his hands until their inevitable goal arrived. Weird.

I couldn't believe it. It needed changing after 25 mins. No pressure whatsoever on their midfield. It was easier than a training session for them. Not one player on either side got their kit dirty.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 22:25 - Sep 22 with 2176 viewsted_hendrix

The majority of fans are not stupid, what always baffles me is that Managers cant seem to see where the problem is when it's right there before their eyes, the goddam universe could see it.

FWIW as soon as I saw that Norwich had won at the fakes midweek I thought 'oh no' I bet they do us Saturday, they aren't mugs, any team that can win two on the trot in the space of four days away from home cant be that bad, but we made it easy for them.

McClaren must learn from todays performance.

Very disappointing but I half expected it if I'm honest.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Instant and Random Impressions... on 23:45 - Sep 22 with 1998 viewsBklynRanger

Not having Cameron to break up their attacks and not having Rangel to be Rangel was a big problem compared to Wednesday. It felt like we had to look for another way to play after already having found a way to win.

Eze was wasted out wide and looked it. I really like Baptiste but he knows himself he's not a right back so there was no creative outlet at all there. Not playing Kakay given the choice was unforgivable.

Could've done with Bright far earlier to give him a proper chance to get into the game.

Saying all that I was quite impressed with a lot of Norwich's play but a draw would've seemed more than fair if we'd done what we were capable of.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 02:27 - Sep 23 with 1870 viewstimcocking

"I really like Baptiste but he knows himself he's not a right back so there was no creative outlet at all there. Not playing Kakay given the choice was unforgivable."

Indeed.

Is Leistner pony? Is he better at centre back than Baptiste? I've seen nothing yet to reassure me about Leistner. Making him captain before he'd played was so wrong and it might come back to haunt us.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 09:08 - Sep 23 with 1696 viewsPinnerPaul

Hmmmmmmm, I'm not quite so negative about the performance as some.

As SMc has said, too tired teams really. 1st half , we gave the ball away too easily, but most of their possession was in front of us and quite a bit in own half.

They only got in behind us once or twice. It was always going to be settled by one goal and they got that bit of luck and the goal.

A few too many of our players had an off night - it happens - but didn't think Baptiste was one of them though - as OP said he saved a probable goal with one fantastic block.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 10:06 - Sep 23 with 1601 viewsBlue_Castello

The blame for that defeat lays squarely with McLaren, as others have mentioned we played our best football of the season with 4-2-3-1 against Millwall, unless there's something in Hemeds loan contract saying if he's fit he must play then why change a winning team and formation. There was obviously an enforced change at right back but Baptists looks even slower this season and Kakay should have been given the opportunity, that said I still think Baptists can do a job as cover for the defence particularly at centre half.

Bottom line we were outplayed by a Norwich team who were quicker and faster to every ball so the second ball was always theirs, when they attacked they worked as a team and there was always a man in support to give the player with the ball options. Well from where we were sitting Norwich had some good players who worked hard and were always making space and providing the extra man, maybe our poor performance made them look better but they put on the best display of opposition football at Loftus Road so far this year.

As others have said a lot of this could have been stopped with some tactical changes by McLaren, Eze had a nightmare out wide right, it was destroying his confidence and his passing was poor, he's still a great talent just needs to be played in the right position. Very pissed off with Schteeeves comments after the game when he said it was always going to be a one goal game or a 0-0 and that we had enough chances and half chances. What the F was he watching for 80 minutes until he made his double substitution, Norwich had dominated the game and should easily have been winning, for somebody whose supposed to be a great coach his sub's and their timings need to improve.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 10:25 - Sep 23 with 1568 viewsSimonJames

Instant and Random Impressions... on 20:40 - Sep 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

swigging from a vodka bottle he has in his desk

No. He was looking for his lost brolly.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Instant and Random Impressions... on 11:44 - Sep 23 with 1485 viewsenfieldargh

First shot on goal 68 minutes.

Schteve at fault for this.

All players showed effort but like our first four games no direction.

why oh why no subs after 65mins

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Instant and Random Impressions... on 12:19 - Sep 23 with 1436 viewsnix

Agree with pretty much all of the posts here. No way is Baptiste a right back, although I think he can do a job as a centre back when needed. Kakay should have started. Both Leistner and Eze were having to stay out of position to cover for Baptiste.

We should have brought subs on at 65 minutes latest. It was clear that our set up wasn’t working in the first half but why wait until they score?

My fear is that Steve is too afraid of losing, even at home, so he sets teams up not to lose. But this is counterproductive for us because we always look much better when we play positive football. When we're up against it we look really shaky.
Instant and Random Impressions... on 15:03 - Sep 23 with 1311 viewsderbyhoop

It was one of those games where nobody played that well. First half, we weren't at the races. From the start of the second half we pressed much better but we created very little.
Scowen very disappointing. Freeman and Eze struggled to get into the game, so no service to the front 2.

I'm not sure the manager was any more to blame than the players.

We got what we deserved - Nothing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Instant and Random Impressions... on 17:43 - Sep 23 with 1247 viewsfrancisbowles

Instant and Random Impressions... on 12:19 - Sep 23 by nix

Agree with pretty much all of the posts here. No way is Baptiste a right back, although I think he can do a job as a centre back when needed. Kakay should have started. Both Leistner and Eze were having to stay out of position to cover for Baptiste.

We should have brought subs on at 65 minutes latest. It was clear that our set up wasn’t working in the first half but why wait until they score?

My fear is that Steve is too afraid of losing, even at home, so he sets teams up not to lose. But this is counterproductive for us because we always look much better when we play positive football. When we're up against it we look really shaky.

I agree with you. McClaren definitely puts defending a point above chasing three. Safety first seems to be his motto. Even when leading Millwall 2-0 we went all defensive with the subs. I can understand it, to a degree, with the start we made but now he has better forwards can't we try and be a bit more adventurous? At least in a home game prioritise the win and at least make some attacking subs if it is level after an hour.

Yesterday we set up not to lose but lose we did. I know the players were tired but so were Norwich and they had to travel, although they may be they stayed down after the fakes match.

Reading the views on the attendance thread, some were making their first visit after a while whilst many other fans were watching on the box. In their eyes we probably undid the good work of Wednesday and the run that culminated in that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024