Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our attendance’s..... 09:24 - Sep 23 with 6957 viewsQPR1980

What’s going on another poor attendance of 12,843,where’s some of our fans gone sat in the loft yesterday there was lot’s of empty seats,disappointing to see.....
Our attendance’s..... on 13:48 - Sep 23 with 1822 viewsHayesender

My first league game yesterday since the 7-1 humiliation at West Brom.

£29 for me, £20 for a 13 year old, £14 for a 9 year old. All three of us were soaked and bored shitless by half time.

I won't be rushing back anytime soon. And I'm someone who not too long ago would bust a gut not to miss a game

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our attendance’s..... on 13:54 - Sep 23 with 1812 viewspaulparker

Anyone spending money to sit in the wet and the cold watching that Sh1t deserves a medal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Our attendance’s..... on 13:59 - Sep 23 with 1806 viewsHayesender

Our attendance’s..... on 13:54 - Sep 23 by paulparker

Anyone spending money to sit in the wet and the cold watching that Sh1t deserves a medal

Or a psychiatric check

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our attendance’s..... on 14:25 - Sep 23 with 1760 viewsstowmarketrange

Our attendance’s..... on 13:59 - Sep 23 by Hayesender

Or a psychiatric check

I mentioned the drop in attendances 6 weeks ago due to Sky tv picking both games for live broadcast.People responded that it won’t make much difference,but I reckon we were at least 1,000 down on Wednesday and at least 2k down last night.
The failure of the family stand project is becoming more obvious as the weeks go by.
Our attendance’s..... on 14:41 - Sep 23 with 1736 viewsBoston

Our attendance’s..... on 13:09 - Sep 23 by loftboy

There used to be me and 3 of my kids, season ticket holders for years, when my marriage broke up and my kids got whisked away combined with me taking it out on some Leeds fans and now working every other weekend means I am restricted to a few games a season.

Surprised you're not in jail.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our attendance’s..... on 14:42 - Sep 23 with 1735 viewsSJL

I had a season ticket for much of the 90s and have been 12 games + a season since then. I’ll always be Rangers, in the same way I’ll always be English, they’re my club. But after spending £30 yesterday to watch that dross - my first game of the season due to work commitments- that’ll be my last this year. It’s too expensive and too depressing. Even more so with Brentford and the fools above us. It just feels like the club is being run into the ground, and with the situation with ground being years away from being sorted I can’t see it improving any time soon.
Our attendance’s..... on 14:46 - Sep 23 with 1731 viewsBoston

Our attendance’s..... on 10:35 - Sep 23 by ted_hendrix

The annual football feast that is Fakes V QPR is Tuesday evening 2nd October with a well thought out kick off time of 8.00pm.

Get there early whatever you do, it'll be heaving with traffic and joyous football fans from all over the world.

Tuesday 2nd October KO 8.00pm.

Yeah, it's shite when games are in another Time Zone.

Our attendance’s..... on 15:04 - Sep 23 with 1710 viewsWatford_Ranger

We’re on tv far more at home than away, or at least it seems that way. Nice and easy for Sky I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

Our attendance’s..... on 15:49 - Sep 23 with 1637 viewsBoston

Once upon a time the local community supported QPR. We now support the local community.

Our attendance’s..... on 15:59 - Sep 23 with 1616 viewsPinnerPaul

Our attendance’s..... on 13:59 - Sep 23 by Hayesender

Or a psychiatric check

Of course you don't know its going to be cold, wet, boring or sh** when you book.

Doubt many were moaning about lack of value on Weds night!

Always the same after a defeat, everything and everyone gets a verbal kicking on here!
Our attendance’s..... on 16:19 - Sep 23 with 1586 viewsEsox_Lucius

I'm sure if we pick up again or get a trip to Wembley all the fair weather fans will be back again in numbers. It's no wonder we never sing the "Whatever the season... " song any more.

The grass is always greener.

Our attendance’s..... on 16:34 - Sep 23 with 1563 viewsNortholt_Rs

Our attendance’s..... on 13:26 - Sep 23 by terryb

We used to have crowds that were under 10,000 on a regular basis. I'm surprised we've kept above that figure in recent years & non-appearing ST holders have been included in the attendance for as long as I can remember. We now have more ST fans & this is probably why we are above that magic number.

We are down to our core support & have lost the Premier League newbies. 12 to 13k average is what our budgeting should be based on.

But we’re not getting 12-13k Rs fans turning up - that’s the point. We’re getting 10k plus the away fans. That missing 2-3k is a massive percentage...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Our attendance’s..... on 17:13 - Sep 23 with 1513 viewssmegma

Our attendance’s..... on 09:46 - Sep 23 by johncharles

Stupid time for a football match. If you have to travel any distance you lose a lot of your Saturday getting there and when it’s over it’s too late get a train home.

I don't think that the kick off time would affect trains home unless you live in Scotland.
The kick off enabled some Norwich fans to see Lowestoft play at Hanwell Town in the FA Cup then make kick off at Loftus Road. They paid £34 to sit in the school upper. Then managed to get trains home.
Our attendance’s..... on 18:08 - Sep 23 with 1456 viewsterryb

Our attendance’s..... on 16:34 - Sep 23 by Northolt_Rs

But we’re not getting 12-13k Rs fans turning up - that’s the point. We’re getting 10k plus the away fans. That missing 2-3k is a massive percentage...

But the total paying for this match is between 12 &13k irrespective of whether they are home or away supporters. Therefore that is the number that should be budgeted for. 10-11k sounds about right to me as our core. That is the same number as for a lot of the seasons I've been a supporter, with the figure increasing when we are doing well.

The club receive more money from away fans than they do from us season ticket holders on a match basis & the decrease in those visiting LR is certainly a problem. In recent years Norwich have sold out, but they only had the upper tier yesterday.
Our attendance’s..... on 18:16 - Sep 23 with 1450 viewscolinallcars

I imagine the fee the club receives from Sky for a TV match more than makes up for the lower gate receipts for the televised games ( anyone have figures on this ? )
However, the changing of KO times annoys and frustrates the fans and added to the poor performances and prospects eventually causes some to give up on the club.
Our attendance’s..... on 18:17 - Sep 23 with 1448 viewsterryb

Our attendance’s..... on 17:13 - Sep 23 by smegma

I don't think that the kick off time would affect trains home unless you live in Scotland.
The kick off enabled some Norwich fans to see Lowestoft play at Hanwell Town in the FA Cup then make kick off at Loftus Road. They paid £34 to sit in the school upper. Then managed to get trains home.

The trains home to Norwich were affected by engineering works which meant a bus replacement service for part of the trip, resulting in the best part of an hour extra travelling time. Home after 11.00pm.

This is a real turn off for fans when the match is on Sky.

Lowestoft is mainly an Ipswich town, but some residents have moved from north of the border & would have retained their Canary allegiance. I doubt if many Norwich fans were in the crowd of 155 at Hanwell though!
Our attendance’s..... on 19:08 - Sep 23 with 1387 viewssmegma

Our attendance’s..... on 18:17 - Sep 23 by terryb

The trains home to Norwich were affected by engineering works which meant a bus replacement service for part of the trip, resulting in the best part of an hour extra travelling time. Home after 11.00pm.

Lowestoft is mainly an Ipswich town, but some residents have moved from north of the border & would have retained their Canary allegiance. I doubt if many Norwich fans were in the crowd of 155 at Hanwell though!

Well I got a cab with 3 Norwich fans from the Hanwell game. There were about a dozen there I believe.
Our attendance’s..... on 20:26 - Sep 23 with 1270 viewsstowmarketrange

Our attendance’s..... on 18:17 - Sep 23 by terryb

That was the main reason why I drove down yesterday.I’m buggered if I will pay £46 for the 2 of us to take a coach for a large part of the journey.And that’s without the extra hour on the trip each way.
Our attendance’s..... on 23:55 - Sep 23 with 1154 viewsBoston

Our attendance’s..... on 19:08 - Sep 23 by smegma

Well I got a cab with 3 Norwich fans from the Hanwell game. There were about a dozen there I believe.

smegma....more games covered then Sky.

Our attendance’s..... on 23:56 - Sep 23 with 1153 viewsDevon_4_England

Get past Blackpool and hopefully a big home game to get everyone back and see what happens from there for future home games

It feels like we've been down to the 10,000 hardcore for a while and performances like yesterday don't help in drawing people back in
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 0:12]
Our attendance’s..... on 08:11 - Sep 24 with 1049 viewssmegma

Our attendance’s..... on 23:56 - Sep 23 by Devon_4_England

Get past Blackpool and hopefully a big home game to get everyone back and see what happens from there for future home games

It feels like we've been down to the 10,000 hardcore for a while and performances like yesterday don't help in drawing people back in
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 0:12]

If we get a decent home draw against a big club watch the arguing on here about not being able to get a ticket.
Our attendance’s..... on 08:19 - Sep 24 with 1045 viewswestberksr

1. Weather shite
2. On sky
3. Shite kick off time

I missed the millwall game as I couldn't face approx 4 hours return journey after a day at work when it was live on sky. Made a late decision not to go as I had loads of work and felt that was a better overall use of my time (not that watching QPR is usually a good use of time!)

So Saturday 5.30pm, messes up the day as you aren't really able to do much during the day, game finishes too late to really do anything afterwards usually. If I'd been heading home I'd have got back around 9.00 by the time I'd dropped my Dad off.

The demise of the 3pm Saturday kick off is the root of the issues, then you add on the lack of value/tinpot organisation of our club (family stand!) and I'm surprised at the size crowd we do get.

Subnote, obviously wish I'd gone Wednesday and not Saturday but that isn't the reason for joining in the moaning!
Our attendance’s..... on 08:20 - Sep 24 with 1044 viewskingsburyR

For years I never missed a match. If none of my lot werent going I would go on my own.

The burning desire has long since left me. I still go when I can (ST in ML) but the kids being 5 & 8 mean Dads taxi services are often needed on a Saturday.

Enjoyed Millwall but the weather was enough of an excuse not to bother on Saturday!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Our attendance’s..... on 09:13 - Sep 24 with 1003 viewsRs_Holy

had a season ticket in the late 80's and the early 2000's but even when we were pretty good I found it hard work making it to every game.
Since then I've been a member every season and was attending around 12 home games and a couple of away games per season. But it is becoming harder to go regularly every season that passes.
I’ve been once this season so far and have tics for the Derby match.
It’s that moment when you're on the ticket page looking at £30 to attend a match and thoughts go into your head like "I must sort out the tiles in the bathroom or it’s about time I had a clear out in the spare bedroom"...!
Sky doing footy to death is killing the game. There was a time when watching a football match live was a rare and beautiful treat. The FA Cup final, European cup final were the only live club games shown on TV years ago... even the League Cup Final was highlights only.
I remember ITV showing the first ever Live League match (Spurs v Forest) and with Spurs losing the match convincingly I can recall the Spuds fans singing “you can shove your f***ing Tele up your a**e” … Prophetic words indeed!
Our attendance’s..... on 09:42 - Sep 24 with 969 viewssmegma

Charge £10 and we would have got about an extra thousand through the turnstiles. Our support is dwindling year on year. Until the next successful season of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024