Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not pushing up?? 20:33 - Sep 23 with 1419 viewsconnell10

Why did Rangers stand so far off Norwich and not push up onto them? We were playing at home and just let Norwich pass the ball about at will!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Not pushing up?? on 20:54 - Sep 23 with 1385 viewsbosh67

Management failed to study their players and their formation. If Eze had been in the middle with Luongo we would have had a playmaker centrally to find the forwards and if we had matched the wing backs with two young wingers I don't think they would have come at us like that. Plus we simply played like an away team for all but about 10 minutes of the game and just didn't get close to them. Plus we played 3 games in a week... like everyone else!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 20:55]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Not pushing up?? on 21:00 - Sep 23 with 1380 viewsconnell10

Not pushing up?? on 20:54 - Sep 23 by bosh67

Management failed to study their players and their formation. If Eze had been in the middle with Luongo we would have had a playmaker centrally to find the forwards and if we had matched the wing backs with two young wingers I don't think they would have come at us like that. Plus we simply played like an away team for all but about 10 minutes of the game and just didn't get close to them. Plus we played 3 games in a week... like everyone else!
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 20:55]

Totally agree mate, i was just disappointed with them after the Millwall game!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Not pushing up?? on 21:27 - Sep 23 with 1342 viewsbaz_qpr

Central midfield two were dreadful especially on the ball and Hemed really poor too, got better after the break for injury first half.

Badly missed Rangel

Eze regardless of position was utterly woeful going forward and back, lets hope he learns from it

We looked like a team shocked to find they had to play in the rain, on a slippy service and a chill in the air.
Not pushing up?? on 09:38 - Sep 24 with 1137 viewsfrancisbowles

With the lack of pace in our back four, it would be very risky to play a high line.
If the midfield pushes up then it leaves too big a gap between the lines.
Not pushing up?? on 10:07 - Sep 24 with 1110 viewskingo

I don't think many are giving Norwich any credit. They are a rapidly improving side and I fully expect them to be up there at the end of the season. We did lay off them in the first half and they had lots of possession but rarely hurt us. However, we didn't look like scoring either, so second half we did pressure them more but that left gaps. For all their possession, their goal was a very lucky break and when we did put them under pressure at the end we should have had a penalty. But I don't think that performance has suddenly turned us in to a bad team.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Not pushing up?? on 10:23 - Sep 24 with 1087 viewskensalriser

Lewis and Cantwell were having a party. Head and shoulders above any of our lot. Once again I'm getting the feeling that Scowen has been laughably overrated by some.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Not pushing up?? on 11:18 - Sep 24 with 1020 viewssevenhoop

Not pushing up?? on 21:00 - Sep 23 by connell10

Totally agree mate, i was just disappointed with them after the Millwall game!

me too. And I think that McClaren had a shocker. We said at halftime that he had to make a change and he bottled it. We were being completely overrun by an admittedly good team and Eze had to go in the middle. I would have had Hemed off, brought Pav on to protect the right back and also offer something going forward.
Not pushing up?? on 11:26 - Sep 24 with 998 viewsstevec

We've been playing 'protect the right back' since Simpson went.
Login to get fewer ads

Not pushing up?? on 11:48 - Sep 24 with 965 viewsdaveB

Not pushing up?? on 10:07 - Sep 24 by kingo

I don't think many are giving Norwich any credit. They are a rapidly improving side and I fully expect them to be up there at the end of the season. We did lay off them in the first half and they had lots of possession but rarely hurt us. However, we didn't look like scoring either, so second half we did pressure them more but that left gaps. For all their possession, their goal was a very lucky break and when we did put them under pressure at the end we should have had a penalty. But I don't think that performance has suddenly turned us in to a bad team.

I thought Norwich were dreadful, had loads of the ball but did absolutely nothing with it and were time wasting for the draw long before they scored.

If we had played anything above the level of absolutely shit we'd have beaten them
Not pushing up?? on 11:50 - Sep 24 with 961 viewsdaveB

Not pushing up?? on 10:23 - Sep 24 by kensalriser

Lewis and Cantwell were having a party. Head and shoulders above any of our lot. Once again I'm getting the feeling that Scowen has been laughably overrated by some.

Was he laughably overrated last season when he played well every week? Been done to death really but reason we played a back 3 last season was due to getting the best out of our midfield and that worked pretty well, even when we went to a back 4 the midfield remained a tight unit.

Playing a wide open 4-4-2 with no wingers has hung Luongo and Scowen out to dry, they are both really struggling in this formation
Not pushing up?? on 12:21 - Sep 24 with 910 viewsBklynRanger

Not pushing up?? on 11:48 - Sep 24 by daveB

I thought Norwich were dreadful, had loads of the ball but did absolutely nothing with it and were time wasting for the draw long before they scored.

If we had played anything above the level of absolutely shit we'd have beaten them

I thought Naaarwitch kept the ball well and supported each other effectively but had nothing in the final third. (At one point I was likening them to a 'shit Spain' which might have been a bit over the top.) If they fix that I do think they'll be a top 6 team without too much trouble.

Anyway after the first half hour of said tici taca it was shirley McLaren's job to see that Norwich weren't creating a lot, but letting them have that much of the ball was an unnecessary risk and a change was needed? Not exactly revolutionary thinking. I don't know if it was complacency or what but the interview he gave afterwards didn't reflect the reality at all - it ended 0-1 when it really needn't have. No point coo-ing over the sudden quality of the bench and the options available to you and then not bothering to use them till it's too late.
Not pushing up?? on 12:58 - Sep 24 with 851 viewsManinBlack

I missed the game on tv as was out but got in just to see the Sky studio after match comments and the opinion given was that Norwich should have won by three or four.

The consensus of many R's fans was that Norwich were garbage so it troubles me that the opinion of the studio was they should have stuffed us. That tells me we must have been worse than dismal. I will marvel at the day when studio guests say QPR should have won by three or four away when playing rubbish.
Not pushing up?? on 13:17 - Sep 24 with 801 viewskingo

Not pushing up?? on 12:58 - Sep 24 by ManinBlack

I missed the game on tv as was out but got in just to see the Sky studio after match comments and the opinion given was that Norwich should have won by three or four.

The consensus of many R's fans was that Norwich were garbage so it troubles me that the opinion of the studio was they should have stuffed us. That tells me we must have been worse than dismal. I will marvel at the day when studio guests say QPR should have won by three or four away when playing rubbish.

We were not dismal and first half we negated them by sitting back and letting them have possession. Problem was that was providing a very poor game to watch as there was little goal mouth action. As said above, they were like a poor Spain. They certainly didn't desrve to win by 3 or 4 but in saying that we didn't do enough to win.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Not pushing up?? on 13:25 - Sep 24 with 789 viewsR_from_afar

Not pushing up?? on 10:07 - Sep 24 by kingo

Good points. They looked solid and organised and were much better than Millwall. That said, when you are playing two strikers like we were, they have to do more in terms of harrying the opposition's defence when they are trying to play out. We did very little of that in the first half and it was noticeable how much more of it we did in the second period. Our intensity as a team went up a lot after the break too. I think that is encouraging in that Steve had clearly managed to gee the players up at half time.

I didn't think we did that much wrong as a team. We pushed Norwich hard towards the end but our shooting was very wayward. We need to work on that, we simply must get more clinical (and that has long been a problem). I think the game showed that Freeman is OK on the wing. His move when he rifled in a shot was excellent, not just the run and shot but the fact that he made something out of a pass to him which was actually slightly wayward.

Our defence looked solid to me. As per the "knee jerks" Lynch was decent, Leistner too.

We are struggling to accomodate all our best players in a practical formation, as many have said. I really wouldn't advocate playing Eze in central midfield, not unless we sell Loftus Road and use the proceeds to buy Ngolo Kante, because the defensive side of his game is simply not good enough to play him with just one other central midfielder. His tackling isn't great, he seems to have an aversion to heading the ball, and he needs to have a greater awareness of where he is and what's going on. Examples: Trying little tricks on the edge of your own penalty area when trying to clear the danger is a bad idea. Similarly, when the opposition are swarming all over your box and - to your credit - you have dropped back to help, don't just stand still in the penalty area, pick someone up. He's got an incredible amount of talent but needs to improve in these areas or he risks becoming a luxury player whom many managers will be too scared to pick. I also don't see why he can't improve as a makeshift winger. He's young and supremely talented, with great ball control and dribbling skills. He can do it if he tries. I do think he is best played just off the striker or as a no.10, though.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024