Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool... 03:23 - Sep 24 with 8657 viewsMistication92

What are the odds that McClaren pisses this up the wall, makes 7 changes and we go out limply - ending any real spark in the season until our FA Cup exit in January?
Blackpool... on 04:58 - Sep 24 with 4740 viewsBushRanger82

Excellent, I'd say.
The club's attitude towards cup competitions is utterly appalling.
It only ever leaves one avenue to success of any sort open to us. Promotion. That's it.
Blackpool... on 06:24 - Sep 24 with 4706 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While it’s impossible to disagree, I think success this season will be measured in terms of avoiding meltdowns on the pitch and in the accounts.

A good cup run might provide a boost and yet, that said, I wouldn’t kick the cat to learn Messrs Hart, Kakay, Smith, Smyth and BOS got a chance of a run out. It’s a conundrum alright and one historically we’ve mastered to royally f..k up at any given opportunity.

1-0 to the Rs. The BOS man...and the march goes on!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Blackpool... on 06:39 - Sep 24 with 4694 viewsWatford_Ranger

I assumed that would happen in the last two rounds and we won well so no doubt we’ll stroll to the win.
Blackpool... on 07:29 - Sep 24 with 4655 viewsdaveB

As the likes of Smyth, Bright Samuel and Kakay seem miles from a first team start I'd like to se them get a go in this one
Blackpool... on 07:58 - Sep 24 with 4612 viewsBerkoRanger

There will and should be some changes because we lost on Saturday and the midfield in particular wasn't right. Hopefully we'll also play at least one proper winger to create chances for the strikers.
I'll be extremely disappointed if SM doesn't make changes for this game.
Blackpool... on 07:59 - Sep 24 with 4609 viewscaliforniahoop

Blackpool... on 07:29 - Sep 24 by daveB

As the likes of Smyth, Bright Samuel and Kakay seem miles from a first team start I'd like to se them get a go in this one

He has to make changes, that team was knackered on Saturday plus a good enough squad to rotate and still beat Blackpool
Blackpool... on 08:07 - Sep 24 with 4594 viewssmegma

Blackpool... on 06:24 - Sep 24 by PlanetHonneywood

While it’s impossible to disagree, I think success this season will be measured in terms of avoiding meltdowns on the pitch and in the accounts.

A good cup run might provide a boost and yet, that said, I wouldn’t kick the cat to learn Messrs Hart, Kakay, Smith, Smyth and BOS got a chance of a run out. It’s a conundrum alright and one historically we’ve mastered to royally f..k up at any given opportunity.

1-0 to the Rs. The BOS man...and the march goes on!

Hart ???
Blackpool... on 08:13 - Sep 24 with 4589 viewskingsburyR

Blackpool... on 07:59 - Sep 24 by californiahoop

He has to make changes, that team was knackered on Saturday plus a good enough squad to rotate and still beat Blackpool

How can any team be knackered at this stage of the season? I don't get it.

How many players would be used in a squad when either Liverpool or Notts Forest won the European Cup?

I'd say no more than 16 players.

Everything that's wrong with modern football. Over paid prima donnas who cry off at the first sign of an in growing toe nail.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool... on 08:18 - Sep 24 with 4583 viewssmegma

Blackpool... on 08:13 - Sep 24 by kingsburyR

How many players would be used in a squad when either Liverpool or Notts Forest won the European Cup?

Everything that's wrong with modern football. Over paid prima donnas who cry off at the first sign of an in growing toe nail.

On MoTD2 last night they said Wolves have started every game with the same eleven players. Burnley for the past 4-5 seasons have done similar. Meanwhile, we make changes literally every game going back the last 2-3 seasons. We've had one unchanged XI this season.
Blackpool... on 08:32 - Sep 24 with 4562 viewsjonno

Spot on.
Blackpool... on 09:26 - Sep 24 with 4482 viewsfrancisbowles

We have a spell of seven games in 28 days. We have already played nine league games whereas Wolves have played six with no cup matches.

As others have said several players looked tired at the end of the week of three matches on the back of the others.

The game is played at a far greater pace and intensity than circa 1980 and as well as that, we have a lot more science that provides evidence about who needs a rest and who you can get a performance from.

Playing tired players leads to poor performance, leading to loss of confidence which may go onto loss of form as well as possible injury.
Blackpool... on 09:56 - Sep 24 with 4441 viewsCamberleyR

I'm reading a biography on Socrates at the moment (that's the Brazilian footballer not the philosopher) and one season in 1983 I think, he played something like 70 games for Corinthians.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Blackpool... on 10:02 - Sep 24 with 4421 viewsMick_S

Blackpool... on 09:56 - Sep 24 by CamberleyR

I'm reading a biography on Socrates at the moment (that's the Brazilian footballer not the philosopher) and one season in 1983 I think, he played something like 70 games for Corinthians.

Yeah but he was a physician so he could heal himself.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Blackpool... on 10:05 - Sep 24 with 4415 viewsdaveB

It's more a mental tiredness than a physical one, i wouldn't be making 10 changes but would certainly give the fringe players a run out. Should still be capable of winning this game
Blackpool... on 10:06 - Sep 24 with 4413 viewsdavman

Blackpool... on 09:56 - Sep 24 by CamberleyR

....whilst smoking 40 a day too.

To be fair though, a great player, but he didn't really move around the pitch that much, did he?

I am with the point that there is no point in changing so much. Sports Science has improved the sport so much, but sometimes I wonder whether we go into what the analysis tells us rather than asking the athlete how they feel.

Still, I don't need to be a PhD in Sports Science to know that Joel Lynch will start fading around December 15th and be out from the 20th through to around the 6th of January...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Blackpool... on 10:53 - Sep 24 with 4357 viewsPetros

Blackpool... on 10:02 - Sep 24 by Mick_S

Yeah but he was a physician so he could heal himself.

He also never broke into a sprint.
Blackpool... on 13:31 - Sep 24 with 4198 viewsToast_R

We've said this in the previous two rounds and have cruised through. If League 1 standards are as pants as it appeared on those two nights, QPR should be going through.
Blackpool... on 14:12 - Sep 24 with 4140 viewspaulparker

I would like to see 6 or 7 changes as the weekend was dire infact they all deserved to be dropped starting with Baptiste , at least with BOS , smyth & Kaykay we might see some pace and directness and in our play

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Blackpool... on 14:45 - Sep 24 with 4087 viewsNorthernr

We've stuck ten points on the board since Bristol Rovers so we're not in the dire straights we were. This is a gift chance to make the last 16 of a cup competition for the first time in years and should be the priority this week. More bothered about the performance than the team selected, because there are one or two on the fringes I would like to see play in this one. If we play badly and pass up this opportunity I'll be seriously pissd off.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blackpool... on 14:50 - Sep 24 with 4066 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Blackpool... on 14:45 - Sep 24 by Northernr

We've stuck ten points on the board since Bristol Rovers so we're not in the dire straights we were. This is a gift chance to make the last 16 of a cup competition for the first time in years and should be the priority this week. More bothered about the performance than the team selected, because there are one or two on the fringes I would like to see play in this one. If we play badly and pass up this opportunity I'll be seriously pissd off.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Spot on. I'd go one step further and say this is a cup that is prety winnable to a club like QPR. Still some very average teams in it ( us included ) and the big clubs playing weaker teams. Let's go for it, I say
Blackpool... on 15:25 - Sep 24 with 4009 viewsdavman

The thing is, if we drop Hemed to play Eze at 10, or drop Eze and Freeman to play BOS and Smyth (or Wsolek) out wide, put Kakay back in at right back, play Cameron in place of Scowen or play Hall for Leistner, are we really significantly weakening the team?
My concern would be that BOS rips up another League 1 team and then doesn't see the first team for games and games.

Hemed and Wells may have been on fire since they got here, but they weren't on Saturday and it didn't look like we were building a team around them like Schteeve told us he was. If the team does not support two up top, then we shouldn't submit to that just for the hell of it.

Ingram

Kakay
Hall (if alive...)
Lynch
Bidwell

Cousins
Luongo
Eze

Smyth / Wsolek
Hemed / Wells / Sylla (really(!))
BOS

That'd do it, wouldn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Blackpool... on 15:53 - Sep 24 with 3967 viewsDannyPaddox

When we won the bloody thing in 1967 we only had 7 players in the whole squad. They had to play 142 league games, walking to each away ground as though cars had been invented, car parks hadn't so there was no where to park them. They all had other jobs. Springett who played in goal, and inside-left, and right-half also sold the match programme outside the ground. On a match day they would have to get up 2 hours before they went to bed and during training the manager Alec Stock would thrash them with a broken bottle. And they all slept in a hole in the road. And players these days complain about being tired in September. You couldn't make it up.
Blackpool... on 16:34 - Sep 24 with 3894 viewsEsox_Lucius

Blackpool... on 15:53 - Sep 24 by DannyPaddox

When we won the bloody thing in 1967 we only had 7 players in the whole squad. They had to play 142 league games, walking to each away ground as though cars had been invented, car parks hadn't so there was no where to park them. They all had other jobs. Springett who played in goal, and inside-left, and right-half also sold the match programme outside the ground. On a match day they would have to get up 2 hours before they went to bed and during training the manager Alec Stock would thrash them with a broken bottle. And they all slept in a hole in the road. And players these days complain about being tired in September. You couldn't make it up.

It was actually 8 players as nobody knew there were two Morgans and thought it was the same player and he was blindingly fast.

The grass is always greener.

Blackpool... on 17:14 - Sep 24 with 3836 viewsJuzzie

Blackpool... on 14:50 - Sep 24 by dodge_stoke_r

Spot on. I'd go one step further and say this is a cup that is prety winnable to a club like QPR. Still some very average teams in it ( us included ) and the big clubs playing weaker teams. Let's go for it, I say

I think this is a competition we can go reasonably far in without actually winning it. i/e 1/4 or semi's.

In the last 20 years it's been won by a big club on all but 5 occasions and those other 5 were still PL teams.

It's probably been 40-odd years since a non top flight team has won it.
Blackpool... on 17:14 - Sep 24 with 3831 viewsrobith

In 1981 when Liverpool won the European cup they played 42 league games (finishing 5th) and 5 European cup games

Last year finishing fourth and getting to the CL final they played 38 league games and 15 European ties. In an era where the game is faster and even greater demands are put on players to be athletes pushing themselves to the limit in training vs an age where Liverpool spent half the game passing the ball back to the goalie. Hardly comparable imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024