Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wingers and the Loftus Road Pitch 16:36 - Sep 24 with 1485 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So, a lot of talk from people on here about wingers. A lot of successive managers haven't used them.

Do you think the size of the pitch pays a part on a manger's decision making? How come Cookie, Ainsworth, Sinclair, Sinton, Routledge etc got on ok with it?

Where do we rank on pitch size?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:37]
Wingers and the Loftus Road Pitch on 16:44 - Sep 24 with 1461 viewsDorse

We're rank on whatever size pitch.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wingers and the Loftus Road Pitch on 18:04 - Sep 24 with 1336 viewsBoston

Although the stadium is small, we have a rank average playing area. Doesn’t look it as the stands are so close.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wingers and the Loftus Road Pitch on 18:30 - Sep 24 with 1304 viewsfrancisbowles

I have always understood that ours is a narrow pitch. According to Wiki 66m compared to Portman Road at 75m. IF that is accurate, that is a massive difference.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 18:30]
Wingers and the Loftus Road Pitch on 18:55 - Sep 24 with 1270 viewsbosh67

I am not sure the pitch has much to do with it. It is shorter than it was but not thinner. We just have managers who have no idea how to play with width and stretch defences.

I am not anti Steve and I wasn't anti Ollie, I didn't really rate JFH but none of them really had a clue how to play wide players. It's not a dying art of rocket science. We have Pav, Bos, Chair and Smyth. None of them get a sniff and we wonder why the forwards don't get many chances.

Sylla and Smith would have scored far more goals if any of the 4 above had played and put the ball onto their heads and feet 6-12 yards out. You have to have players that service forwards facing the goal, not standing in the middle of the park 30 yards out receiving it or having to go to the corner flag to retrieve it.

I find it mind blowing. We have managers with 4 ready made solutions and they don't get a sniff. Not good enough in my books.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024