Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay 15:52 - Sep 25 with 2088 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

As highlighted by Antii , what is going on with this lad? He's been in an out more times than a Hokey Cokey loving Gigalo.

Seems to be a great opportunity to get some game time on a youngster while expectations are low. From my amateur eyes, not really been any worse than Rangel or Baptiste.
Kakay on 15:57 - Sep 25 with 2077 viewsHayesender

Surprised he didn't start on Saturday ahead of Baptiste, who I thought was dreadful in that position

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Kakay on 16:04 - Sep 25 with 2055 viewsDavieQPR

He is not bad going forward but is weak defensively and positionally. A thing MacLaren identified very early in his tenure. Baptiste might as well of not been there for any ground play as too often the opposition ghost past him. Showed his frustration Saturday when he blasted the ball into Ellerslie from 3yds.
Kakay on 16:24 - Sep 25 with 1997 viewsGloucs_R

An injury crisis and FFP was the only reason Kakays contract was extended.

Personally think that Pav or Cousins (played RB for Charlton) would be better options than Baptiste. He really showed his age on Sat

I'd be tempted to give the young kid in the reserves a shot tonight. Supposed to be a really good prospect.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kakay on 17:31 - Sep 25 with 1889 viewsqprd

Kakay on 16:24 - Sep 25 by Gloucs_R

An injury crisis and FFP was the only reason Kakays contract was extended.

Personally think that Pav or Cousins (played RB for Charlton) would be better options than Baptiste. He really showed his age on Sat

I'd be tempted to give the young kid in the reserves a shot tonight. Supposed to be a really good prospect.

Sorry, I'm not buying this at all; and for the record, his contract was extended before Furlong got hurt so the bit about the injury crisis is not factually correct.

He played very well in the admittedly dead-rubber matches at the end of last season, and had been serviceable this season when I've seen him. I wasn't at the WBA fixture, but I wouldn't pin that result on him, as Ingram, Leistner and others all had shockers

He's 21!!! Bear in mind, Furlong had some pretty poor matches at the beginning of last year at the age of 22 and had been yanked at half time on a couple of occasions.

We haven't had young players come through our academy in ages, so our fan base has collectively forgotten what it takes to develop youth. They will have good and bad games; they're inconsistent and inexperienced. They usually lack final product. They'll make rookie mistakes and are prone to lapses. But the only way to develop these players to actually play them. You can only develop so far in the U23s.

There is zero reason why Kakay shouldn't have started last match over Baptiste. He should have also come on as our first sub for Baptiste instead of Cousins, as he actually provides something going forward.

McClaren was hired with the remit of developing young players. Starting Baptiste, to me, was the singular most pathetic, risk-averse, cowardly decision of the McLaren era. McLaren has sent a damaging message to all young players by dropping Kakay after the 7-1. If you have a bad game or make mistakes, you may lose your spot for good. Young players should have the freedom to make mistakes and learn from them, rather than play in fear.

If Kakay is this far down the pecking order, we honestly should just release him now b/c he has no chance of playing when Furlong comes back shortly.
Kakay on 18:08 - Sep 25 with 1837 viewsGloucs_R

Mate, I'm not arguing that he should have started in front of Baptiste on Saturday. But if he is out of favour with Maclaren then we have to look at alternatives. I do remember that, before he was given a contract renewal, reading in several places that he was due to be released

Kakay on 23:01 - Sep 25 with 1626 viewsJigsore

I think Baptiste is an absolutely fine back up CB but playing him at RB is madness, he could barely play that position 10 years ago when he could actually run.

is this McClaren's 'Luke Young at Blackburn' moment? christ we're only in September.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Kakay on 12:37 - Sep 26 with 1239 viewsR_from_afar

I thought Baptiste was OK on Saturday, as did my mate. Bear in mind that with Eze in front of him, he was not getting much help down the wing from a defensive perspective.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Kakay on 14:46 - Sep 26 with 1109 viewsGloucs_R

Kakay on 12:37 - Sep 26 by R_from_afar

I thought Baptiste was OK on Saturday, as did my mate. Bear in mind that with Eze in front of him, he was not getting much help down the wing from a defensive perspective.

RFA

I thought he coped well, based on his abilities in that position. BUT....he was shocking.

We had 4 other players who could play RB, I am pretty sure he wont be RB again.

Login to get fewer ads

Kakay on 19:43 - Sep 26 with 951 viewsgobbles

Rangel has been a good signing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024