Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fine the Club 23:30 - Sep 25 with 2131 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Like they do in the Checkatrade.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/efl-checkatrade-trophy-under-st
Fine the Club on 10:17 - Sep 26 with 1889 viewssmegma

I was at a non league game last night and kept up to date via the BBC website. I noticed after 30 minutes we had committed 18 fouls and Blackpool 0.I think Scowen committed half of them. Is this some sort of Guinness World Record?? We finished with 5 yellow cards and 1 red as a result.
Fine the Club on 13:22 - Sep 26 with 1763 viewsEsox_Lucius

What kind of moron wants to have his club fined when they are already struggling with S&P regulations? I am convinced that half the people on here after a defeat are trolls from other clubs.

The grass is always greener.

Fine the Club on 13:37 - Sep 26 with 1711 viewsRangersw12

Fine the Club on 13:22 - Sep 26 by Esox_Lucius

What kind of moron wants to have his club fined when they are already struggling with S&P regulations? I am convinced that half the people on here after a defeat are trolls from other clubs.

No people are quite rightly annoyed and there no other clubs fans on here bar the Fulham and Brentford

I would happily see the club fined if it meant we would take cup games seriously.
Fine the Club on 13:54 - Sep 26 with 1688 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think the FL should fine us enough to put us out of business, that would teach QPR not to do what most of the other clubs do anyway. Idiot!

The grass is always greener.

Fine the Club on 14:12 - Sep 26 with 1658 viewsRangersw12

Fine the Club on 13:54 - Sep 26 by Esox_Lucius

I think the FL should fine us enough to put us out of business, that would teach QPR not to do what most of the other clubs do anyway. Idiot!

Grow up
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 14:14]
Fine the Club on 14:26 - Sep 26 with 1631 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fine the Club on 13:22 - Sep 26 by Esox_Lucius

Me, I’m that kind of moron.

Seems you are more worried about FFP than the club are. A great way to make money is to get as far as you can in the cup. A semi at Old Trafford would probably bring in half a mil for us in prize money and gate receipts.

Portsmouth only got fined £6k.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 14:28]
Fine the Club on 14:29 - Sep 26 with 1621 viewsstevec

Or fine us fans for not turning up. Even if we put out a full strength side, I doubt more than 4000 would turn up at LR for a League Cup game.

Double standards.
Fine the Club on 14:39 - Sep 26 with 1606 viewsDevon_4_England

Fine the Club on 14:29 - Sep 26 by stevec

Or fine us fans for not turning up. Even if we put out a full strength side, I doubt more than 4000 would turn up at LR for a League Cup game.

Double standards.

The 10,000 hardcore would turn up for an early League or FA Cup tie if the Club come out and say we are going to play our strongest team and go for it in Cup competitions like we used to when I started going in the 80's

Something has got to change as last night was a big opportunity missed and will come back to haunt McLaren even if results pick up over the next few weeks
Login to get fewer ads

Fine the Club on 15:00 - Sep 26 with 1566 viewsstevec

Fine the Club on 14:39 - Sep 26 by Devon_4_England

The 10,000 hardcore would turn up for an early League or FA Cup tie if the Club come out and say we are going to play our strongest team and go for it in Cup competitions like we used to when I started going in the 80's

Something has got to change as last night was a big opportunity missed and will come back to haunt McLaren even if results pick up over the next few weeks

I seem to recall a time when we'd get something like 6 cup tie vouchers included in your season ticket, if we went on a couple of cup runs you had the benefit of seeing the team do well and at cut price, if we went out early in both, you lost out. It tended to balance itself out.

There's also the thorny issue of pay. Players tend to be on contracts these days that bare little relation to the amount of games they play. Subsequently, I suspect many would rather not play in relatively meaningless cup games. Then there's gate revenue. To have competed in the first 3 rounds must have cost the club an arm and a leg, all on the off chance we might get a lucrative tie that might or might not just about cover the losses from the previous 3 rounds. What actually is the point of the EFL Cup?
Fine the Club on 15:55 - Sep 26 with 1507 viewsDevon_4_England

Fine the Club on 15:00 - Sep 26 by stevec

I seem to recall a time when we'd get something like 6 cup tie vouchers included in your season ticket, if we went on a couple of cup runs you had the benefit of seeing the team do well and at cut price, if we went out early in both, you lost out. It tended to balance itself out.

There's also the thorny issue of pay. Players tend to be on contracts these days that bare little relation to the amount of games they play. Subsequently, I suspect many would rather not play in relatively meaningless cup games. Then there's gate revenue. To have competed in the first 3 rounds must have cost the club an arm and a leg, all on the off chance we might get a lucrative tie that might or might not just about cover the losses from the previous 3 rounds. What actually is the point of the EFL Cup?

The return of cup vouchers would be welcomed but these days both Clubs involved in a Cup tie have to agree ticket prices before it can go on sale so not sure if workable anymore.

I don't buy the players not wanting to be involved in Cup matches. The League Cup is the only Cup competition we have won in our history and should be respected.

Frankly if players aren't motivated to play for QPR in ANY game they should be shown the door.

If McLaren isn't planning to take the FA Cup seriously (if he lasts until January) I'd give Paul Hall the chance to take the team for our 3rd round match and see what he can do
Fine the Club on 13:29 - Sep 27 with 1288 viewsDannyPaddox

Can we fine ourselves and then use the money received to pay off all of some of the FFP fine?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024