Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I start? 16:44 - Sep 29 with 9815 viewsenfieldargh

Supported Rangers since 1967. Apart from Paul Hart never been really vocal about getting rid.

But FARK OFF Maclaren.

Resting players for Blackpool, that was productive wasn't it you utter wally

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Can I start? on 16:50 - Sep 29 with 6977 viewspaulparker

We are an utter shambles on and off the pitch
We sacked Olly because we should be doing better than 16th !!!
We got this clown in who relegated Newcastle spending 80 million
He was supposed to bring in the young lads but has thrown them under the bus and killed their confidence
We play 4-4-2 and when we need a goal we bring in the big man , straight out the 80s
He is playing probabley the best number 10 in the league a lad with the right coaching could become a 20 million player as a right winger ffs
How the usual lot come on here and stick up for him is a mystery he is a busted flush
Sack the kunt tonight and make him walk home

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Can I start? on 17:03 - Sep 29 with 6876 viewsRs_Holy

Never wanted him as manager, didn’t want Ollie sacked!
He had some sort of excuse at the start of the season but now has better options than Ollie in every department except Goalkeeper.
I really don’t think his “you lot will never play for the first team again” speach has proved that inspirational?
Can I start? on 17:07 - Sep 29 with 6831 viewsbosh67

Sadly he is proving to be a complete dinosaur. Another Redknapp.
We need to act quickly to get rid because he's killed the squad in a matter of a few games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Can I start? on 17:13 - Sep 29 with 6769 viewsvegasranger

I admit I wanted Ollie out, didn't want McLeren. A very lazy appointment. Our two new strikers who may not be pure Premier League class have managed one goal between them !! When these 2 have just one goal between you know the set up has to be wrong !!
Can I start? on 17:15 - Sep 29 with 6737 viewsbosh67

Can I start? on 17:13 - Sep 29 by vegasranger

I admit I wanted Ollie out, didn't want McLeren. A very lazy appointment. Our two new strikers who may not be pure Premier League class have managed one goal between them !! When these 2 have just one goal between you know the set up has to be wrong !!

Exactly. Both score goals. We don't set up to give them the chances. Fast wingers sitting on the bench mostly unused. Clueless.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Can I start? on 17:15 - Sep 29 with 6733 viewsstevec

Through 50 odd years of good and bad I’ve always loved the club, but these days I genuinely don’t know what I’m supporting.

I have no empathy with the players, the managers, the owners. I have no idea what the owners objectives are, not convinced the players give a fck, why would you, you get well paid on long contracts, irrespective of how you perform. The managers, sh it or not are entirely at the mercy of the mercenaries representing them on the pitch.

So that leaves us, turning up week after week courtesy of a loyalty that very few, if any, of the clubs employees possess.

Finding it incredibly demoralising.
Can I start? on 17:26 - Sep 29 with 6605 viewsSimonJames

Can I start? on 17:13 - Sep 29 by vegasranger

Agree with all of this.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Can I start? on 17:28 - Sep 29 with 6589 viewsAntti_Heinola

Time for a Schteeve 45.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Can I start? on 17:40 - Sep 29 with 6456 viewsRANGERBRENTUK

Interesting comparisons with his second spell at Derby. (Below is some excerpts from The Guardian article.)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/12/derby-county-steve-mcclaren-cha

McClaren’s latest spell was brought to an abrupt end after only five months following what the club described as a “significant, unexpected and persistent decline in results, team unity and morale”.

In a damning statement that was issued less than 48 hours after Derby slumped to a 3-0 defeat at Brighton, leaving the east Midlands club in 10th place and with only one win from their last nine league matches, Mel Morris, the chairman, claimed “the heartbeat, commitment, focus and passion has been lacking something fundamental” under McClaren.

The club statement said: “Since the turn of the year we have experienced a significant, unexpected and persistent decline in results, team unity and morale. Our form over the last 10 games would place us above the relegation group by goal difference alone. The 3-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion on Friday, combined with Saturday’s results, means with nine games remaining the side is 10 points adrift of a place in the Championship’s top six.”

Morris added: “Steve is a great coach, we have very talented players and first-class facilities but the heartbeat, commitment, focus and passion has been lacking something fundamental. The Brighton game on Friday night was so far from what we expect to see from those wearing a Derby County shirt.

“To ensure we are on the right path, it is important to put the building blocks in place so we can develop a team we can all be proud of. Players should wear the shirt with pride and share, espouse and exude the qualities and values we believe are important to the club, its supporters and the community. We need a manager who shares our values and who is prepared to develop the team, staff and processes that will set us on course for a sustainable place in the Premier League.”
Can I start? on 17:48 - Sep 29 with 6351 viewsrichranger

Can I start? on 17:15 - Sep 29 by bosh67

Exactly. Both score goals. We don't set up to give them the chances. Fast wingers sitting on the bench mostly unused. Clueless.

Should never have Hemed and Wells together - that way have to put Freeman and Eze on the wings. Should play 4-2-3-1 like we did against Millwall.

Couldn't believe today that he took Eze off and out Smith on!!! The forwards weren't getting enough service, so he takes off our most creative player and puts on another forward, who gets even less service!!! So now we don't have any cover for our full backs - and they score 2 more goals from crosses!!
Can I start? on 17:55 - Sep 29 with 6267 viewsVancouverHoop

Can I start? on 17:48 - Sep 29 by richranger

Should never have Hemed and Wells together - that way have to put Freeman and Eze on the wings. Should play 4-2-3-1 like we did against Millwall.

Couldn't believe today that he took Eze off and out Smith on!!! The forwards weren't getting enough service, so he takes off our most creative player and puts on another forward, who gets even less service!!! So now we don't have any cover for our full backs - and they score 2 more goals from crosses!!

Eze wasn't good today though. His possession had no purpose most of the time. He didn't seem to know where he was on the field, nor who to pass to most of the time. And dribbling through his own six yard box with a forward snapping at his heels was near on catastrophic, and could have gone down as one of the biggest blunders of the season if Lumley hadn't come to his rescue. Smith, I agree, bit of a question mark there.
Can I start? on 18:11 - Sep 29 with 6124 viewsrichranger

Can I start? on 17:55 - Sep 29 by VancouverHoop

Eze wasn't good today though. His possession had no purpose most of the time. He didn't seem to know where he was on the field, nor who to pass to most of the time. And dribbling through his own six yard box with a forward snapping at his heels was near on catastrophic, and could have gone down as one of the biggest blunders of the season if Lumley hadn't come to his rescue. Smith, I agree, bit of a question mark there.

Agree about Eze today, but he should play in the position anyway. Point I was making was that the forwards weren't getting enough service - so we took off a creative player to put on another forward to get even less service. Surely bringing on Smyth or Bright for Eze would have been better? Or take Hemed or Wells off, move Eze to the middle, and put on a winger?
Can I start? on 18:13 - Sep 29 with 6104 viewsVancouverHoop

OK a couple of positives to ring the changes a bit after what turned out to be a seriously ball-aching result:

Luongo's performance. A low bar perhaps but it was easily his best of the season. I don't know if it was because he had the armband back – if so let him keep it please. Whatever the reason he ran our midfield, and if his early chance on goal had been six inches to the left it might have changed the matches outcome (and if my auntie had... etc., etc.)

Second, despite the result we really did play better than the last couple of games. Methodical build up play with lots of short passing. Certainly not a hoof 'n' hope approach. The trouble is Swansea play the same kind of game, and they've been doing it much longer with better players. We needed to change something, so Smith came on. Too late and to no avail. For me Smyth and Pav on when we were still just a goal behind just might have done something for us, but it wasn't to be.
Can I start? on 18:15 - Sep 29 with 6081 viewsNorthernr

I've just sat down on the train.
That was absolutely disgusting.
Players walking around, nobody showing for a pass. Midfielders time and again looking up for a pass, nobody showing, end up going backwards or giving it away. Lots of shrugging and walking. Lots of demoralised players. Shambolic tactically. Three games now without a proper shot. Hemed the great white hope walking about and contributing nothing.

I'm absolutely fuming.
Can I start? on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 6073 viewsVancouverHoop

Can I start? on 18:11 - Sep 29 by richranger

Agree about Eze today, but he should play in the position anyway. Point I was making was that the forwards weren't getting enough service - so we took off a creative player to put on another forward to get even less service. Surely bringing on Smyth or Bright for Eze would have been better? Or take Hemed or Wells off, move Eze to the middle, and put on a winger?

Yeah, I don't disagree with you. Eze certainly wouldn't have been my first choice to remove (see my post above.)
Can I start? on 18:21 - Sep 29 with 6032 viewsHunterhoop

Can I start? on 17:55 - Sep 29 by VancouverHoop

True, but you’ve missed the point.

Everyone there could see and was saying how we desperately needed pave and width. We were in that game after an hour. Bit harsh to be behind. We continue to have possession and territory but lacked cutting edge. With Eze and Freeman on the wings we lacked width as they kept cutting in. It was making the pitch small.

Up to this point, Luongo had been comfortably out best player in the middle. Made more tackles than most of our team combined. However, in a 442, both he and Cameron were clearly following instruction not to pres too high and expose Baptiste and Lynch, both of whom showed a distinct lack of pace at times.

Anyway, it was crying out for pace and width. Freeman had been very poor and wasteful, so he was an obvious choice. Pav, Smyth, and BOS on the bench. Options galore.

We took off Eze, brought on Matt Smith, moved Freeman central, and went to a very narrow 433 and that was that.

Our 3 central midfield had no out ball, the pitch got narrower, and Swansea had tons of space wide to counter into. Soon they were pushing us back into our box. And with no pace on the pitch, we struggled to break quickly. No surprise.

No idea what match McClaren was watching to think that change was the right one. Opposite of what we needed and made us worse.
Can I start? on 18:23 - Sep 29 with 6010 viewspaulparker

Can I start? on 18:15 - Sep 29 by Northernr

I've just sat down on the train.
That was absolutely disgusting.
Players walking around, nobody showing for a pass. Midfielders time and again looking up for a pass, nobody showing, end up going backwards or giving it away. Lots of shrugging and walking. Lots of demoralised players. Shambolic tactically. Three games now without a proper shot. Hemed the great white hope walking about and contributing nothing.

I'm absolutely fuming.

He has lost the fans and the dressing room, he has to go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Can I start? on 18:27 - Sep 29 with 5975 viewsVancouverHoop

Can I start? on 18:21 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

Everyone there could see and was saying how we desperately needed pave and width. We were in that game after an hour. Bit harsh to be behind. We continue to have possession and territory but lacked cutting edge. With Eze and Freeman on the wings we lacked width as they kept cutting in. It was making the pitch small.

Up to this point, Luongo had been comfortably out best player in the middle. Made more tackles than most of our team combined. However, in a 442, both he and Cameron were clearly following instruction not to pres too high and expose Baptiste and Lynch, both of whom showed a distinct lack of pace at times.

Anyway, it was crying out for pace and width. Freeman had been very poor and wasteful, so he was an obvious choice. Pav, Smyth, and BOS on the bench. Options galore.

We took off Eze, brought on Matt Smith, moved Freeman central, and went to a very narrow 433 and that was that.

Our 3 central midfield had no out ball, the pitch got narrower, and Swansea had tons of space wide to counter into. Soon they were pushing us back into our box. And with no pace on the pitch, we struggled to break quickly. No surprise.

No idea what match McClaren was watching to think that change was the right one. Opposite of what we needed and made us worse.

Yeah. I don't disagree at all (see my second post above.) We absolutely needed to stop trying to play Swansea at their own game. We opted for physicality with Smith, which was the wrong call, we needed speed instead and that didn't happen.
Can I start? on 18:27 - Sep 29 with 5974 viewsBucksRanger

Someone needs to beg Ian Holloway and Marc Bircham to come back because Steve McClaren has lost the respect of the squad and the supporters.
Can I start? on 18:36 - Sep 29 with 5871 viewsHarbour

From the highlights and not being there it appeared they just walked through the defence without any challenges for the second and third goal .....was that a true reflection ? If so worrying
Can I start? on 18:41 - Sep 29 with 5836 viewsWadR

Can I start? on 18:21 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

Agree with all this (and Vancouver's post). Thought Luongo was having his best game but as a team, we were so slow, laboured and too narrow. How does Mac solve this? Go even narrower and bring on possibly the slowest man in the world (no offence to Smith, I like him and he has his good traits).

Maybe this would be ok if we had pacey fullbacks capable of bombing on but Rangel and Bidwell (his crossing was awful all game today) are not that.

Which is the latest tactical decision of umpteen made by MacClaren this season that seem to show zero awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of the squad. Attempting to play out from the back with Ingram and Leistner in the team at the start of the season, playing Eze and Freeman out of position. It's like he thinks he's managing a different team.
Can I start? on 18:43 - Sep 29 with 5821 viewsHayesender

McClaren :
“Games are won by sticking the ball in the back of the net and we didn’t do that “
I can see why he managed England. Football genius, folks.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Can I start? on 18:52 - Sep 29 with 5743 viewsHarbour

Just to rub salt into the wound manning scores another goal for Rotheram
Can I start? on 18:53 - Sep 29 with 5731 viewskropotkin41

That was awful. I am stunned actually.

Is there any point in even talking about the game? FFS!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Can I start? on 18:54 - Sep 29 with 5725 viewsenfieldargh

Can I say Fark off Maclaren again I really cant stand him.

Manning just scored again for Rotherham, lewt him go cos Cousins is obviously more productive

Clueless against Norwich the Blackpool insult the insult to the team, the insult to us.

I think Steve Burtenshaw offered us more and I hated him

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024