Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? 13:24 - Sep 30 with 10202 viewskropotkin41

What are the chances? After Tuesday night?
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 13:34]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 13:26 - Sep 30 with 4928 viewsLblock

What’s happening tomorrow night?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 13:28 - Sep 30 with 4920 viewsBklynRanger

I think it would probably take about 3 more stinkers.
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 13:34 - Sep 30 with 4890 viewskropotkin41

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 13:26 - Sep 30 by Lblock

What’s happening tomorrow night?

Nothing, I'm just losing it. Edited now, :)

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 13:40 - Sep 30 with 4875 viewsRs_Holy

If we continue to look pony I think it could happen if we get another humiliation against brentford
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 13:54 - Sep 30 with 4812 viewsenfieldargh

if players dont put on a performance then he's dead man walking

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:11 - Sep 30 with 4757 viewsNorthernr

They'll give him every chance.
Lack of attractive alternatives a factor to consider.
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:16 - Sep 30 with 4737 viewspaulparker

Now is the time to do it , we have an international break coming up which would give the new bloke a couple of weeks st least to work with the squad
We have to face facts that McLaren is not the man take this club forward

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:18 - Sep 30 with 4727 viewsNorthernr

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:16 - Sep 30 by paulparker

Now is the time to do it , we have an international break coming up which would give the new bloke a couple of weeks st least to work with the squad
We have to face facts that McLaren is not the man take this club forward

I think Warnock will be our manager again by Christmas, Bhatia will want him back in, fans would be up for it. If he gets the sack at Cardiff that ramps the pressure up. If you sack McClaren today the bookies favourites would be Mick McCarthy, Steve Cotterill, maybe Sherwood and Pards though I don't think they'd be interested. It would not be inspiring.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:26 - Sep 30 with 4700 viewsBushRanger82

If he does, the next manager through the door will have to be told, unequivocally, that every first team league and cup fixture will be contested honestly.
Strongest team every game.
We will never have a squad strong enough to field two different teams of 11, one for league, one for cup.
And to keep insisting on the pretence otherwise, is just giving the green light to managers to keep cheating the fans.
The club has to understand that the fans are sick to bloody death of our piss-poor attitude towards trying to win something.
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:29 - Sep 30 with 4688 viewsPunteR

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:18 - Sep 30 by Northernr

I think Warnock will be our manager again by Christmas, Bhatia will want him back in, fans would be up for it. If he gets the sack at Cardiff that ramps the pressure up. If you sack McClaren today the bookies favourites would be Mick McCarthy, Steve Cotterill, maybe Sherwood and Pards though I don't think they'd be interested. It would not be inspiring.

Ramsey will be caretaker manager until Warnock. That's is my prediction.

I'm not sure Warnock would be the right appointment but if he came in i'm sure LF will be offski.
Its like groundhog day supporting Rangers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:56 - Sep 30 with 4597 viewstimcocking

Christalmighty what a farce we're discussing this already/again.

If they could wave a magic wand, i don't imagine a single one of us wouldn't swap for the team and management we had towards the end of last season. Fcuking gutted Ollie couldn't act a bit more sensibly last year, he drove himself out of that job.

But surely we can't sack McClaren yet? 2 games ago we were three wins and a draw.
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:57 - Sep 30 with 4590 views2Thomas2Bowles

End of October if things carry on the way they are

Come on Burnley get that wan-ker Neil Warnock the tin tac

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:58 - Sep 30 with 4588 viewsLblock

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 14:29 - Sep 30 by PunteR

Ramsey will be caretaker manager until Warnock. That's is my prediction.

I'm not sure Warnock would be the right appointment but if he came in i'm sure LF will be offski.
Its like groundhog day supporting Rangers.

I’m going with this - I stress going with, not hoping for just yet

Gut feeling is Les will take the FA job, Ramsey in as caretaker, Sir Neil will depart by mutual and so will Schteeeve to complete the circle.
Hoos is a worry but I’ve no idea what Ishkhan is up to at the moment

Stability’s a wonderful thing ain’t it?!?!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 15:13 - Sep 30 with 4546 viewspaulparker

I love Warnock and have stuck up for him on many threads but I dont think this would be a good move , if les is staying we need him to oversee the recruitment from manager to players no more interfering from whoever the chairmen is
We have to continue with this way of working otherwise the last 3 years would be a waste

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 15:34 - Sep 30 with 4477 viewsBerkoRanger

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 13:54 - Sep 30 by enfieldargh

if players dont put on a performance then he's dead man walking

Agree.
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 15:45 - Sep 30 with 4438 viewsEsox_Lucius

If there isn't a transfer budget to be spunked on players, I can't see Colin or any of the other established names wanting to take over as manager at QPR.
If the fans really want to see the youth do well and can suffer the pain of relegation, if that is what happens by sticking with youth, then why not tell SMC that he better get on board with doing that and if he doesn't then he can leave.? With no money available for players or a new manager, promote Paul Hall from the U23's. at least he has had some success with the youngsters, albeit at a lower level but the amount that have made the move to the 1st team squad show that he has the makings..
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 11:33]

The grass is always greener.

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 16:07 - Sep 30 with 4384 viewsessextaxiboy

I said at the start that I didnt rate him but I still think he deserves 15 games . If he is wobbling then a poor show at home to Brentford will do for him . The vitriol after Blackpool will seem like a pat on the back ..the best part of last season was watching the young guys get and take their chance . He has trashed that in 2 months ..
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 16:18 - Sep 30 with 4348 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 16:07 - Sep 30 by essextaxiboy

I said at the start that I didnt rate him but I still think he deserves 15 games . If he is wobbling then a poor show at home to Brentford will do for him . The vitriol after Blackpool will seem like a pat on the back ..the best part of last season was watching the young guys get and take their chance . He has trashed that in 2 months ..

I'd go further and give him the season.

Always seems silly sacking someone mid season who won't get us relegated (I hope) and won't get us promoted either. Expectations are lowered to the floor and it makes it easier for the next mug.

We have time.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 16:32]
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 16:33 - Sep 30 with 4299 viewsbaz_qpr

Jeez it was only 10 days ago I was posting that the first half against Milwall was the best we've played since we were relegated, 3 games later we are talking about him getting the bullet again
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:22 - Sep 30 with 4118 viewsBoston

In the 'spirit'of the thread.....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:34 - Sep 30 with 4079 viewsVancouverHoop

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 16:18 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Always seems silly sacking someone mid season who won't get us relegated (I hope) and won't get us promoted either. Expectations are lowered to the floor and it makes it easier for the next mug.

We have time.

This.

Looked at objectively (not that any proper supporter will ever do that) his, very short, record is much like Ollie's. Four bad losses, followed by four decent performances, followed by three poor showings. It's going to be a roller coaster for awhile and all we, as fans, can do is grit our teeth and hang on.

We've been through the hire and fire, rinse and repeat cycle many times, it's never worked instantly and it's unlikely it ever will.
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:34 - Sep 30 with 4073 viewsbaz_qpr

Warnock will only be our manager if Les Ferdinand, Chris Ramsey and Lee Hoos all leave, regardless of his achievements on the pitch, they way he conducted himself last time would make their positions untenable, Maybe with the FA job that might open up
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:39 - Sep 30 with 4058 viewspaulparker

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 16:18 - Sep 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

We have time.

You honestly don’t think he will get us relegated ?
To me this team stinks of it he relegated Newcastle when on paper they seemed to good to go down , and let’s not forget the board wanted to finish higher than 16th

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:41 - Sep 30 with 4055 viewstraininvain

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:34 - Sep 30 by VancouverHoop

This.

Looked at objectively (not that any proper supporter will ever do that) his, very short, record is much like Ollie's. Four bad losses, followed by four decent performances, followed by three poor showings. It's going to be a roller coaster for awhile and all we, as fans, can do is grit our teeth and hang on.

We've been through the hire and fire, rinse and repeat cycle many times, it's never worked instantly and it's unlikely it ever will.

Agreed. It was always going to be a tough season and I very much doubt we’ll go down as it stands.

Sacking the manager a few months into the season would be a big roll of the dice and could spectacularly backfire.
Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:57 - Sep 30 with 3996 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Do we really expect Steve to get the bullet? on 17:39 - Sep 30 by paulparker

You honestly don’t think he will get us relegated ?
To me this team stinks of it he relegated Newcastle when on paper they seemed to good to go down , and let’s not forget the board wanted to finish higher than 16th

No I don't.

But don't take that as credit to McClaren.

And if we do go down, then it's more the fault of those that appointed McClaren and gave him a squad partly assembled by four different managers.

There is more to it than deciding who goes and who comes in. We are restricted by finances, availibilty, and the attractiveness of the product we're selling.

I share your anger PP and i'll not shed a tear if he goes, I just don't think we'll be better off, even though the last three games have been dog shit.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2018 18:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024