Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tel 06:43 - Oct 3 with 1365 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone posted this little gem on Twitter earlier:

Tel on 06:56 - Oct 3 with 1318 viewsAgedR

Ahh shucks!

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Thanks for this. Wonderful memories.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Tel on 09:02 - Oct 3 with 1101 viewsdodge_stoke_r

" I've been there 3 great years. I'm very happy and not looking beyond that"
Fast forward 3 months.
What's that you say? Barcelona!! So long suckers!
I'll probably get slated for that. But every now and then you have a team that is on the verge of something really good. This was one of thoughs times, another when we had Gerry Francis in charge in his first spell. And rather than see it through they fvck off to the next "big " thing
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 9:13]
Tel on 09:32 - Oct 3 with 1047 viewsSuperhoop83

Tel on 09:02 - Oct 3 by dodge_stoke_r

" I've been there 3 great years. I'm very happy and not looking beyond that"
Fast forward 3 months.
What's that you say? Barcelona!! So long suckers!
I'll probably get slated for that. But every now and then you have a team that is on the verge of something really good. This was one of thoughs times, another when we had Gerry Francis in charge in his first spell. And rather than see it through they fvck off to the next "big " thing
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 9:13]

I don't think any of us could begrudge El Tel his move to Spain after everything he did for us. A true QPR legend.

Suffering since 1978.

Tel on 10:16 - Oct 3 with 967 viewsstevenagehoop

How right he was about too much football on the tele. That old saying about those times spring to mind ‘you dont know what you’ve got till it’s gone’ .People were staying away in them days when the football was so much more entertaining than now.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Tel on 12:26 - Oct 3 with 855 viewsonlyrinmoray

Thanks for that, it was fascinating a real football history lesson pre Sky days, so right on a lot of points
You never see him on the tele yet he was brilliant. Living in luxury in Spain isn't he ? Doesn't seem to get much recognition from the club ? Or does he ?.. he certainly should
Tel on 13:12 - Oct 3 with 786 viewscharmr

Thought at the time that he didn’t buy the club was a real opportunity to make us a dominant force in English football. Reserves and youth teams all winning and playing the same way. Bringing players through and Venables liking flair players as well. A very sad day for me.

Didn’t Gregory say his biggest regret was not letting Venables buy the club.

On a a side note, my punky mates and I used to stand on the half way line in the paddock and he referred to us as “the strangely dressed characters “

A lot of stick about the offside trap but I loved Venables style of football. Him and sextons football, marvelous stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024