Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Radcliffe 18:03 - Oct 4 with 4678 viewsDrewster

Fighting the big battle now.
Arguably one of the most knowledgeable, likeable and intelligent radio DJ’s and generally all round nice bloke.
His depth of knowledge of various genres of music is staggering and a really engaging listen.

Good luck Mark, get back on the airwaves soon.
Mark Radcliffe on 19:26 - Oct 4 with 4549 viewsDiscodroids

God Bless Mark . Heard Him interviewing a certain ratio yesterday.

These are the things that radio was made for .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mark Radcliffe on 19:31 - Oct 4 with 4539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Used to really like his show when I lived in England. Sorry to hear this and will be hoping for the best.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Radcliffe on 20:40 - Oct 4 with 4455 viewsMrSheen

Mark Radcliffe on 19:26 - Oct 4 by Discodroids

God Bless Mark . Heard Him interviewing a certain ratio yesterday.

These are the things that radio was made for .

I loved ACR. Podcast?
Mark Radcliffe on 21:45 - Oct 4 with 4368 viewsJuzzie

Mark Radcliffe on 20:40 - Oct 4 by MrSheen

I loved ACR. Podcast?

ACR still going? Blimey. I worked on some of their stuff 25+ years ago. “Good Together” and “acr:mcr”.

Hope Mark pulls through.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 21:55]
Mark Radcliffe on 22:27 - Oct 4 with 4304 viewsSimonJames

That totally sucks! Best of luck Mark.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Mark Radcliffe on 07:25 - Oct 5 with 4149 viewsDiscodroids

Mark Radcliffe on 20:40 - Oct 4 by MrSheen

I loved ACR. Podcast?

;-)
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 7:28]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mark Radcliffe on 07:27 - Oct 5 with 4147 viewsDiscodroids

Mark Radcliffe on 21:45 - Oct 4 by Juzzie

ACR still going? Blimey. I worked on some of their stuff 25+ years ago. “Good Together” and “acr:mcr”.

Hope Mark pulls through.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2018 21:55]

Martin Hannett at his mesmeric best.

Mark Radcliffe on 08:07 - Oct 5 with 4110 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mark Radcliffe on 07:27 - Oct 5 by Discodroids

Martin Hannett at his mesmeric best.

100% Disco
Brilliant track. Probably my favourite of theirs.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Radcliffe on 11:41 - Oct 5 with 3931 viewsSilverfoxqpr

He's a massive Cardiacs fan so he's always been ok with me. Presents the only decent 6Music (daytime) show too, very funny and knowledgeable. The very best of luck to him.
Mark Radcliffe on 12:07 - Oct 5 with 3864 viewsMrSheen

Mark Radcliffe on 07:25 - Oct 5 by Discodroids

;-)
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 7:28]

Thanks DD. I'll listen to that.

I was always firmly of the belief "that it doesn't matter if they can't play their instruments" until Donald Johnson joined ACR. Another virtuoso in an overlooked band from that era was Barry Adamson of Magazine, what a player.
Mark Radcliffe on 12:11 - Oct 5 with 3853 viewsbosh67

Wishing him the best with his recovery. Great broadcaster and talent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Radcliffe on 12:52 - Oct 5 with 3779 viewsR_from_afar

Mark Radcliffe on 11:41 - Oct 5 by Silverfoxqpr

He's a massive Cardiacs fan so he's always been ok with me. Presents the only decent 6Music (daytime) show too, very funny and knowledgeable. The very best of luck to him.

His shows with Lard were an absolute hoot. Talk about enjoying their work, the two of them were in stitches a lot of the time, me too.

I remember the session Ozric Tentacles played on Mark's show. I was delighted that he was giving airtime to my favourite band and they repaid him with a great performance plus their trademark, self-deprecating silliness. At one point, there was a bit of a kerfuffle in the background and Mark asked what was going on. A sniggering voice replied: "Ed's fallen over". Mark asked them a few questions and was discussing how the band had been formed at the Stonehenge Festival when Seaweed (or was it Ed?) started playing some eerie keyboard music and one of the band members started chanting: "Free the stones". Quality.

I also have Radcliffe to thank for introducing me to Ship of Fools. This is one of my favourite chill-out tracks. I can't link to the studio version on YouTube grrr.

Get well soon, Mark.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mark Radcliffe on 16:16 - Oct 5 with 3662 viewsted_hendrix

I wish him well, whenever he was speaking about a band or a record you instantly knew he knew what he was talking about, he also had the common sense to stop talking as soon as the record started, something other radio presenters should learn from.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mark Radcliffe on 16:39 - Oct 5 with 3623 viewsqprbeth

Saw Mark Radcliffe play in a folk band on the circuit a few years back in a group called the Family Mahone, which started as a sort of Pogues tribute band. I was really taken aback how talented a musician and songwriter he was. He was also a really nice guy afterwards, he seemed really loving just making music. Recently saw that Family Mahone had a 20th anniversary gig so there is longevity to a project that 90% of Marks fans never really knew existed. I wish Mark all the best in his fight...I do hope there are other annivesary gigs for the Family Mahone
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:47 - Oct 5 with 3602 viewsDannyPaddox

Hoping to Murgatroyd Mark Radcliffe gets through this and can give us many more years of top radio and top music. Always saw Mark & Lard as sort of a freakbeat radio version of Vic & Bob. Not that that's got much to do with anything. Get well soon and fully Mr. Radcliffe.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 16:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024