Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 17:57 - Oct 6 with 4681 viewsBlackCrowe

Really enjoyed the match - proper entertainment. First 20 mins and in spells thereafter we played some lovely stuff.
Derby pressing throughout but thought particularly Leistner and Cameron were immense. Much improved performance from Mass.

We need to work on our break play though. The amount of times we broke quickly but didn't really know what to do with it.

All in all, good stuff.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 18:12]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 18:08 - Oct 6 with 3984 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great point about the breaking, today will have helped the confidence (you could see it at the final whistle) but we were hesitant to commit numbers to the break.

We're getting there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 18:10 - Oct 6 with 3960 viewsstowmarketrange

It was a good game and we could have nicked it at the end.Worth getting wet for in the front of ML.
Considering they are in a play-off place it shows how little there is between most teams in this league.
Just back on 18:17 - Oct 6 with 3899 viewswelwynranger

Just back on 18:08 - Oct 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Great point about the breaking, today will have helped the confidence (you could see it at the final whistle) but we were hesitant to commit numbers to the break.

We're getting there.

Agree about the game. Really enjoyed it. Both teams looking to win it right to the end. But so many good attacking moves broke down because not enough players were in front of the player with the ball. Overall though it much happier with the performance and team spirit.
Just back on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 3780 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree - very entertaining.

Mass, Cameron and Freeman all good today - Eze was poor though I thought.

Now many say I stick up for referees too much but today's was poor.

Dealt with Rangel sensibly BUT

1) Foul recognition not consistent - the one Pav in front of me was so baltent and he signalled played the ball (It was 10 yards away!)

2) Handball not given correctly all day until ball brushes arm of Hemed, but because was in the area gave handball

3) Mass yellow harsh

4) Spoke to Lynch about a nothing foul, but allowed Derby player a trip without a word.

5) Bidwell - How is a boot in the shoulder not reckless and a yellow?

6) Eze free kick not a fk, big fat Frank right about that but wrong to say they deserved to win - draw was fair.

Much better again from the Rs - keep it up!
Just back on 19:24 - Oct 6 with 3548 viewssmegma

And the referee was shocking
Just back on 19:27 - Oct 6 with 3525 viewsHantsR

Me just back. My travelling companion, a Derby fan said she didn't recognise the team that I had described to her as she thought we weren't bad at all, it was a fair result and a good game.

Some odd refereeing decisions but we obviously benefited from one of those when we scored from what I thought was a questionable free kick!
Just back on 19:29 - Oct 6 with 3502 views1MoreBrightonR

Draw was fair but the way we played the second half, it almost felt like a win. first half we were ok, second half we came out with urgency and really fighting. Pav was a good sub, the two centre backs were immense...so physical and i particularly enjoyed seeing Freeman winding up fat frank on the sideline...good lad :) It was an enjoyable physical game with a crap ref but the players seemed to really get in to...both Pav and Maclaren trying to get thr crowd going at points.
Just back on 19:32 - Oct 6 with 3479 viewsHarbour

Just back on 18:17 - Oct 6 by welwynranger

Agree about the game. Really enjoyed it. Both teams looking to win it right to the end. But so many good attacking moves broke down because not enough players were in front of the player with the ball. Overall though it much happier with the performance and team spirit.

Yes cracking game we matched them and on another would have won but a point was a fair reflection of the game...blimey the money they have spunked you would be pissed if you were a derby fan....thought when pav came on he did very well would like to see him start ... nice to see a better atmosphere at LR, crowd tuck with the rs even when behind one of the better games this season.... keep it up rs
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 19:53 - Oct 6 with 3278 viewsHunterhoop

Pav was superb. He MUST start. It’s silly that he’s not. The bloke knows what he’s doing.

Cameron and Luongo much improved.

Leistner AND Lynch very good except for that clusterfcuk of their goal. Lynch should not be the ball player mind. He cannot pass. He just belts it.

Eze had a poor game. It standards and expectations. Freeman wasn’t wildly better, but we now expect a lot from Eze.

Wells was brilliant,mind. Proper player. So desperately deserves a goal.
Just back on 20:02 - Oct 6 with 3208 viewsTacticalR

Just back on 18:17 - Oct 6 by welwynranger

A (mostly) entertaining game, especially given the conditions (cold and wet).

At times it was quite feisty with a lot of mistimed tackles and players falling over. At times it looked like Derby wanted to play possession football, at times there was a lot of head tennis. I also think we also had problems choosing the right ball when going forward.

Agree that both teams were trying to win it to the end, although both teams looked a bit short of quality up front. A bit worrying that goals aren't coming from our plan A strikers and it's Leistner and Cameron who have had to get the goals in recent games.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 20:10 - Oct 6 with 3118 viewsBlackCrowe

i thought Eze was classy in the first half, went quiet in the second when he had to switch wide after the substitution.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 20:25 - Oct 6 with 3011 viewsAgedR

I thought Keogh had a good game.

Am I allowed to say this?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Just back on 20:46 - Oct 6 with 2859 viewsNorthLondonR

Just back on 20:25 - Oct 6 by AgedR

Lynch and Leistner look settled with Cameron in front, but being picky, our Toni should have headed that ball and not let it drop moments before their goal.

Was a decent game and one we could've won, I guess it's a compliment to Eze that they set up to nullify him. Both he and Freeman constantly surrounded by at least 2 each time they got the ball. Even though not their best performances, those 2 do have you on the edge of your seat which is great.

Pav must start and would love Osayi-Samuel released for 20bmins or so to really give it to them with pace. No complaints overall and a game we could have won but a good point.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 20:47]
Just back on 20:50 - Oct 6 with 2817 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thought so, too.

He's a decent Hill-type centre-back.

Just back on 21:00 - Oct 6 with 2754 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back on 20:46 - Oct 6 by NorthLondonR

Lynch and Leistner look settled with Cameron in front, but being picky, our Toni should have headed that ball and not let it drop moments before their goal.

Was a decent game and one we could've won, I guess it's a compliment to Eze that they set up to nullify him. Both he and Freeman constantly surrounded by at least 2 each time they got the ball. Even though not their best performances, those 2 do have you on the edge of your seat which is great.

Pav must start and would love Osayi-Samuel released for 20bmins or so to really give it to them with pace. No complaints overall and a game we could have won but a good point.

Agree with you that the oppo are doubling on Eze and Freeman.

Still haven't seen their goal as the stream was down for us foreigners but I agree that they looked decent as a pairing for the hour that I saw. Fair to say, though, that Derby sat off them and tried to attack from deeper. I still think we allow midfield to be a 50/50 affair and I'm not sure why. Scowen is on the bench, and they may well be a reason for that, but he's a great ball winner. In patches today I thought that Cameron was a monster, and I also thought that Luongo had a decent game, but overall I still think that the battlefield is not one where the oppo dare to thread.

Just back on 21:00 - Oct 6 with 2749 viewstoboboly

Just back on 19:53 - Oct 6 by Hunterhoop

Pav was superb. He MUST start. It’s silly that he’s not. The bloke knows what he’s doing.

Cameron and Luongo much improved.

Leistner AND Lynch very good except for that clusterfcuk of their goal. Lynch should not be the ball player mind. He cannot pass. He just belts it.

Eze had a poor game. It standards and expectations. Freeman wasn’t wildly better, but we now expect a lot from Eze.

Wells was brilliant,mind. Proper player. So desperately deserves a goal.

Agree with almost all, however for me Luongo gave the ball away too cheaply too often and his tackling and tracking back were poor. Needs to wake up and grab the season by the scruff.

Oh and Lynch is poor.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Just back on 21:43 - Oct 6 with 2577 viewsbosh67

Thought he was outstanding for them today. Fair play to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 21:53 - Oct 6 with 2533 viewsNoelmc

Just back on 18:52 - Oct 6 by PinnerPaul

Agree - very entertaining.

Mass, Cameron and Freeman all good today - Eze was poor though I thought.

Now many say I stick up for referees too much but today's was poor.

Dealt with Rangel sensibly BUT

1) Foul recognition not consistent - the one Pav in front of me was so baltent and he signalled played the ball (It was 10 yards away!)

2) Handball not given correctly all day until ball brushes arm of Hemed, but because was in the area gave handball

3) Mass yellow harsh

4) Spoke to Lynch about a nothing foul, but allowed Derby player a trip without a word.

5) Bidwell - How is a boot in the shoulder not reckless and a yellow?

6) Eze free kick not a fk, big fat Frank right about that but wrong to say they deserved to win - draw was fair.

Much better again from the Rs - keep it up!

Thought at the match from my east paddock view that it was never a foul on Eze and defender won the ball cleanly. Having just watched it on the Quest highlights the ref actually got this one right as there was a tug on his shirt. Well spotted by the ref in this case, although he was guessing at decisions for most of the game.
Just back on 21:55 - Oct 6 with 2521 viewsbosh67

Me and my dad went for the first time this season and we had really good seats. I thought that it was an entertaining game littered with errors but a lot of endeavour. Derby had more direct pace on them but we kept our discipline and battled away. Only when Pav went down the right wing did we not completely starve our forwards. I just don't understand our set up with no width. Just nonsense. Players put in a shift. I think Mass is still a bit off the pace hence the yellow and a few other late tackles. Leistner and Cameron were excellent, especially Cameron. I have a bit of a football crush on Wells. I wish he had converted the chance that got stuck in his feet but his awareness, movement, passing skill is sublime.

Would have been a much better match had the ref understood the concept of play on. For both teams. He just blew up immediately for everything and sabotaged both sides' play.

It wasn't a foul on Eze but he has a Trevor Francis knack of winning them. I love that he plays with his head up and that he can spin out the way of players to make space but the boy has to learn to put his head down and run, but too often he sprints 10 yards and seems to stop. Once he gets the idea that it's okay to run at defender and away from them he will move to another level. Way to go through.

Point fair. Two sides trying to win the game. Good stuff.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 06:55 - Oct 7 with 2060 viewsjonno

Just back on 20:46 - Oct 6 by NorthLondonR

I've noticed that about Leistner - he does tend to let the ball bounce sometimes which is a cardinal sin for a CB and will get us into trouble eventually.
Just back on 09:21 - Oct 7 with 1782 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just back on 21:00 - Oct 6 by toboboly

Agree with almost all, however for me Luongo gave the ball away too cheaply too often and his tackling and tracking back were poor. Needs to wake up and grab the season by the scruff.

Oh and Lynch is poor.

How much did you have to drink before and during the game? Luongo played the best he has played all season and would have been a contender for MOTM. The fact FFLDC cottoned on to his effect on the game around a half hour in and started double teaming him is a testament to that.

The grass is always greener.

Just back on 10:13 - Oct 7 with 1674 viewsdaveB

I found the first half pretty dull, didn't think either side did a lot in that half but second half was much better. Full deserved the point in the end.

Good call by McClaren to bring on Pawel for Bidwell as gave us a threat out wide, would have liked to see Bright Samue,l on for the last 15 minutes as thought they were poor at full back but overall can't complain, we were much better than we were against Norwich a fortnight ago
Just back on 10:35 - Oct 7 with 1632 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 10:13 - Oct 7 by daveB

I found the first half pretty dull, didn't think either side did a lot in that half but second half was much better. Full deserved the point in the end.

Good call by McClaren to bring on Pawel for Bidwell as gave us a threat out wide, would have liked to see Bright Samue,l on for the last 15 minutes as thought they were poor at full back but overall can't complain, we were much better than we were against Norwich a fortnight ago

We had more attempts on goal 1st half though including Wells shot that hit the bar & of course they scored so not 'dull' for me.

Really enjoyed the game.

Will be interesting to see if SMc uses one of the 'emergency' right backs to start and leaves Angel at left back if Bidwell out for a while.
Just back on 10:47 - Oct 7 with 1606 viewsDejR_vu

I thought we did okay, better than most matches this season, but it’s a low bar.

In general I think Leistner and Lynch have looked reasonably solid. Wells is a cut above. He looked really hacked-off at the end, I assume because he hadn’t scored.

Thought Luongo had a better game but, again, he’s set a low bar.

Overall I think we still look labored. But we’re competing, and against a side who’d spent an awful lot of money. Probably the best we can hope for for the foreseeable.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just back on 11:02 - Oct 7 with 1560 viewsLblock

Just back on 09:21 - Oct 7 by Esox_Lucius

How much did you have to drink before and during the game? Luongo played the best he has played all season and would have been a contender for MOTM. The fact FFLDC cottoned on to his effect on the game around a half hour in and started double teaming him is a testament to that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024