Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dead People Reanimated Disco 21:17 - Oct 6 with 3223 viewsqprxtc

Fascinating half time chat about reanimated recently deceased flesh eating John Travoltas.

How fuking subtle is that Dan?
Dead People Reanimated Disco on 23:25 - Oct 6 with 3117 viewsBoston

eh?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:43 - Oct 7 with 2985 viewsDannyPaddox

You are a subtle man indeed Mr C. and I raise your Tangerine Dream with some live Goblins

[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 15:48]
Dead People Reanimated Disco on 20:11 - Oct 7 with 2888 viewsqprxtc

I have to put some Argento on my to watch list.

How about a bit of Carpenter by way of Morricone?

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 00:57 - Oct 8 with 2815 viewsDannyPaddox

Ain't no Zombies like Kernow Zombies

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 07:38 - Oct 8 with 2744 viewsRs_Holy

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 20:11 - Oct 7 by qprxtc

I have to put some Argento on my to watch list.

How about a bit of Carpenter by way of Morricone?

Off tangent but the prequel to the Thing was a great film... loved the ending and the way it seamlessly leads to the 1982 film ... You could put the 2 together to make a Thing Megafilm which lasts nearly 4 hours.
Dead People Reanimated Disco on 08:17 - Oct 8 with 2713 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 07:38 - Oct 8 by Rs_Holy

Off tangent but the prequel to the Thing was a great film... loved the ending and the way it seamlessly leads to the 1982 film ... You could put the 2 together to make a Thing Megafilm which lasts nearly 4 hours.

The recent remake of the thing was suprisingly decent.

Off topic but this looks good

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 08:35 - Oct 8 with 2698 viewsqprxtc

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 00:57 - Oct 8 by DannyPaddox

You can't beat a bit of Cornish zombie munching!

Or a bit of trans-continental skull cracking madness with a funky beat:

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 12:58 - Oct 8 with 2633 viewshopphoops

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 00:57 - Oct 8 by DannyPaddox

That's Mark Hughes in the background.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 13:04 - Oct 8 with 2627 viewsMick_S

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 12:58 - Oct 8 by hopphoops

That's Mark Hughes in the background.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 14:38 - Oct 10 with 2487 viewsDannyPaddox

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 08:35 - Oct 8 by qprxtc

You can't beat a bit of Cornish zombie munching!

Or a bit of trans-continental skull cracking madness with a funky beat:

By chance Horror Express came on the Freeview the other night. What a filum. Reminded me of more than one British Rail QPR away day. The Rasputin type character was a spit for Ian McShane. The cameo from Telly Savalas is ace but the star of the film is without doubt Christopher Lee's moustache.

The excellent theme tune for me was not so much disco more Morriicone. Reminds me of this jaunty number and the correct critical term for this film is well fcuked up!

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 09:36 - Oct 11 with 2337 viewsade_qpr

Oz zombie movie

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 11:39 - Oct 12 with 2287 viewsqprxtc

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 14:38 - Oct 10 by DannyPaddox

By chance Horror Express came on the Freeview the other night. What a filum. Reminded me of more than one British Rail QPR away day. The Rasputin type character was a spit for Ian McShane. The cameo from Telly Savalas is ace but the star of the film is without doubt Christopher Lee's moustache.

The excellent theme tune for me was not so much disco more Morriicone. Reminds me of this jaunty number and the correct critical term for this film is well fcuked up!

I first saw Horror Express on New Years Eve 1979, it scared the bejaysus out of my nine year old mind. A bit like the poor sods in the film.

I've never heard of The Red Queen Kills Seven times, that's one to hunt down somewhere.

Shame we don't get any of those old films they used to show late at night on the tele anymore. Seems the less channels we used to have the more choice of films we used to get.

Like this:

About 15 minutes from the end the film pauses and a screen comes up asking you who you think the werewolf is... and the carries on.
Dead People Reanimated Disco on 11:51 - Oct 12 with 2262 viewsMick_S

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 11:39 - Oct 12 by qprxtc

I first saw Horror Express on New Years Eve 1979, it scared the bejaysus out of my nine year old mind. A bit like the poor sods in the film.

I've never heard of The Red Queen Kills Seven times, that's one to hunt down somewhere.

Shame we don't get any of those old films they used to show late at night on the tele anymore. Seems the less channels we used to have the more choice of films we used to get.

Like this:

About 15 minutes from the end the film pauses and a screen comes up asking you who you think the werewolf is... and the carries on.

I love these old films - it is a shame they seem to be so hard to track down. This was my favourite mag when I was a kid:

Gatefold poster on the other side.

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 12:23 - Oct 12 with 2230 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 12:33 - Oct 12 with 2214 viewsMick_S

Got this at home somewhere.

£21.20 on Discogs.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 12:50]

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 12:42 - Oct 12 with 2209 viewsR_from_afar

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 08:17 - Oct 8 by Metallica_Hoop

The recent remake of the thing was suprisingly decent.

Off topic but this looks good

A bit off topic but when I was on holiday in southern Italy recently I visited the site of the battle of Cannae. Hannibal annihilated the Romans in a contest which featured a 3km long battlefront and possibly the highest loss of human life in a single day in any battle recorded in history. Around 40,000 Romans perished in a day; at the Somme, Britain lost around 20,000. Over 136,000 warriors slugging it out. It's really hard to process that, especially as a lot of the killing would've been far from clinical given the weapons they had. Horrific, but then all war is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cannae

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 13:17 - Oct 12 with 2175 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 12:42 - Oct 12 by R_from_afar

A bit off topic but when I was on holiday in southern Italy recently I visited the site of the battle of Cannae. Hannibal annihilated the Romans in a contest which featured a 3km long battlefront and possibly the highest loss of human life in a single day in any battle recorded in history. Around 40,000 Romans perished in a day; at the Somme, Britain lost around 20,000. Over 136,000 warriors slugging it out. It's really hard to process that, especially as a lot of the killing would've been far from clinical given the weapons they had. Horrific, but then all war is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cannae

RFA

I'm reading Tom Holland's 'Dynasty' at the moment on the Julians.

I didn't realize the Battle Of Philippi was so huge even more so when you think it was legion against legion.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 13:18]

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 13:48 - Oct 12 with 2145 viewsR_from_afar

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 13:17 - Oct 12 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm reading Tom Holland's 'Dynasty' at the moment on the Julians.

I didn't realize the Battle Of Philippi was so huge even more so when you think it was legion against legion.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 13:18]

I bet that book is an excellent read, his "Persian Fire" one was.

Hells bells, yes, that was massive, 200,000 men! I didn't actually know that, I had to look it up .

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 13:50 - Oct 12 with 2141 viewsCaptainPugwash

Avast!
We be becalmed orf Sardinia and to quell o' mutinies the Bosun whips out his Super 8 and then we watches a spiner ne'er so tingled by the magic o' celluloid!!

Yo Ho!
Dead People Reanimated Disco on 14:05 - Oct 12 with 2130 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrr..

This be strangely disturbin' doorin' the Seaweed On A Stick intermishun!

Yo Ho!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 17:32]
Dead People Reanimated Disco on 14:17 - Oct 12 with 2114 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 13:48 - Oct 12 by R_from_afar

I bet that book is an excellent read, his "Persian Fire" one was.

Hells bells, yes, that was massive, 200,000 men! I didn't actually know that, I had to look it up .

RFA

It is very well written with his usual superb dry wit.

I have 'Persian Fire' and 'Millenium' on my desk.

They are next to read.

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 14:13 - Oct 13 with 2000 viewsqprxtc

This scene from The Monster Club caused me a few sleepless nights but not through being scared! I was about 12 when i saw this and instantly in love:

Interesting fact. This lady was married to famous record producer Mutt Lange and sang she sang this famous advert from the 80s:

Never has a song about tampons been more sexy.
Dead People Reanimated Disco on 15:03 - Oct 18 with 1888 viewsDannyPaddox

Saw the Suspira remake the other day. A bit intense for 11 in the morning but a film that looks and sounds beautiful - my priorities for a visit to the cinema these days. It aimed for profundity but like a lot of supernatural horror it can never escape being merely a sophisticated take on Scooby-Doo (minus the dog). What struck me tho is how similar Thom Yorke (composed the soundtrack) is to one of the film's leads Tilda Swinton.

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 16:20 - Oct 18 with 1859 viewsDorse

Awesome. Fcuking love Primus.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dead People Reanimated Disco on 21:38 - Oct 18 with 1797 viewsqprxtc

Never seen an Argento film Dan, so I’m goi to have to watch the original before seei g the remake.

Italian horror films always give me the heebeejeebies. All those Cannibal and New York Ripper films are a bit too far for me. Although I know Argento is more stylish than that iwill give him a go.

Though this sort of thing was always my pint of Guinness:

And Primus did a couple of decent covers:

Always a link to Swindon somehow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024