Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brief Legends XI 18:41 - Oct 11 with 10881 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great players who played less than 10 games for us.

Go!
Brief Legends XI on 17:52 - Oct 13 with 1325 viewsHantsR

Brief Legends XI on 12:24 - Oct 13 by Esox_Lucius

Until I looked it up I hadn't realised that Richard Paquette had played over 30 games for us

Pity one of those included the play-off final when Langers was serving a two game ban
Brief Legends XI on 18:00 - Oct 13 with 1315 viewstraininvain

Kevin McLeod looked a good prospect in our season which ended in a playoff final loss to Cardiff.

Doudou had his moments but that was probably more to do with the complete lack of other attacking options at that time.

I was convinced that Leon Jeanne could be the messiah but we all know how that one turned out.
Brief Legends XI on 18:03 - Oct 13 with 1312 viewsPeterHucker

Brief Legends XI on 05:43 - Oct 13 by Match82

Matt Hislop.
Looked great in his debut, went off injured never to be seen again. According to undeniable source of truth Wikipedia that was his one and only ever professional appearance for any club. Will admit I went down a bit of a rabbit hole and stumbled across this article taking about his time since.
https://mikew1234.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/from-the-invincible-to-the-invisible/

Hislop looked really good in that game away at Leicester.
Until he broke his leg and then we never saw him again.

I was also at that Brentford pre-season friendly where Massimo Mauro played. He would've been a great replacement for the brilliant but aging Wilkins but the powers-that-be decided not to sign him.

This is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion but Michael Meaker wasn't THAT bad. He was unlucky that when he played he was replacing Sinton or Sinclair who were 2 of the very best left wingers we've ever had.
Saw Meaker for the youth team many times. He had great pace and could cross the ball very well. But he seemed to lack confidence in the first team. I used to be in the Paddocks in those days and he seemed to be affected by the crowd knocking. He would frequently play the ball back to the full back where in the same situtation for the youth team he would've had the confidence to knock it past the defender and do him for pace.
Brief Legends XI on 10:26 - Oct 15 with 1133 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Apologies if mentioned above, Jimmy Carter.

Back in the day, he was a legend in the reserves. Even I went to see him play a few times and he was electric; he’d get the ball and the place would be buzzing.

Needless to say, he left and if memory serves, played more for Liverpool and Gooners than he did for us.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brief Legends XI on 10:28 - Oct 15 with 1127 viewstoboboly

Has Simon Walton got a mention? I was at that Fulham friendly where he, Ainsworth and Cook all broke their legs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024