Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Books 16:55 - Oct 17 with 7881 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

On the back of the Grounds For Divorce thread, any other decent QPR books about?
QPR Books on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 6591 viewssmegma

No.
QPR Books on 18:52 - Oct 17 with 6496 viewsLblock

Years since I read it by White City Blue by Tim Lott was heavy on the QPR references

We also have a chapter in Cass Pennants “Top Boys” but I don’t think that would be of cross sectional interest!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR Books on 22:12 - Oct 17 with 6372 viewsDannyPaddox

In the not too distant future a once proud now FFP-ravaged football club finds itself ...

QPR Books on 00:30 - Oct 18 with 6256 viewsFDC

It's years since I read it but seem to remember enjoying Stan The Man.
QPR Books on 06:26 - Oct 18 with 6173 viewsdistortR

QPR Books on 22:12 - Oct 17 by DannyPaddox

In the not too distant future a once proud now FFP-ravaged football club finds itself ...

alternatively that's a book which foresaw global warming.

the corrugated iron structure with people looking away yearningly to the outside world reminds me of the Ellersie Road stand on match days.

There was a small book written about a year supporting Newcastle that contained a chapter on the much missed Joe Young, and hence QPR.
QPR Books on 09:04 - Oct 18 with 6087 viewsMytch_QPR

QPR Books on 00:30 - Oct 18 by FDC

I enjoyed that, too.

We got a mention in London Fields by Martin Amis.

On a Shepherds Bush connection, I'm looking forward to reading Roger Daltrey's autobiography - I think that's published this week.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

QPR Books on 10:19 - Oct 18 with 6047 viewsterryb

I've mentioned it before, but I really liked Bluebeat Boy by M A Horsfield. Written by one of us with many references to Queens Park Rangers.

It is a book about suffering from anxiety rather than football, so I'm not sure if it qualifies for this thread.

But, then again, don't we all suffer from anxiety where Rangers are concerned?
QPR Books on 10:26 - Oct 18 with 6044 viewsPBLOCK

There's a book called Tilting at Windmills which has a whole chapter dedicated to us. Think I was during the 99/00 season.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Books on 11:06 - Oct 18 with 6010 viewsade_qpr

Old School

Football Club Manager by Alec Stock

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/oct/30/forgotten-story-alec-stock-qp

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

QPR Books on 11:07 - Oct 18 with 6008 viewsade_qpr

QPR Books on 00:30 - Oct 18 by FDC

Yes great read.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

QPR Books on 12:50 - Jun 3 with 5196 viewsLotusPark

QPR Books on 11:07 - Oct 18 by ade_qpr

Yes great read.

"The Silver Apples Of The Moon" by JOE CLANCY (available via Amazon) is based on the never to be forgotten 1975/6 season when QPR almost won the First Division title.
QPR Books on 13:00 - Jun 3 with 5154 viewsRs_Holy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/London-Made-Us-Memoir-Shape-Shifting/dp/1786892111/ref=

Highly recomended! Not a QPR book as such but plenty of mentions about QPR, Loftus Road and the surrounding area
QPR Books on 13:09 - Jun 3 with 5123 viewsNoDiddley

Written by a QPR fan helps!
QPR Books on 13:26 - Jun 3 with 5082 viewslondonscottish

QPR Books on 18:52 - Oct 17 by Lblock

Years since I read it by White City Blue by Tim Lott was heavy on the QPR references

We also have a chapter in Cass Pennants “Top Boys” but I don’t think that would be of cross sectional interest!!

Tim Lott grew up Southall and loosely based the characters in that book on his younger brother and two of his mates.

I know all of them*. In fact it was his brother that got me going to LR regularly in the first place.

*The one that "Diamond Tony" is based on is still not happy about it.

It's a good book
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 13:28]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

QPR Books on 13:36 - Jun 3 with 5052 viewsMick_S

QPR Books on 13:26 - Jun 3 by londonscottish

Tim Lott grew up Southall and loosely based the characters in that book on his younger brother and two of his mates.

I know all of them*. In fact it was his brother that got me going to LR regularly in the first place.

*The one that "Diamond Tony" is based on is still not happy about it.

It's a good book
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 13:28]

I hear Colin the nerd is not too pleased either.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR Books on 15:19 - Jun 3 with 4953 viewslondonscottish

QPR Books on 13:36 - Jun 3 by Mick_S

I hear Colin the nerd is not too pleased either.

LOL. I've no idea about Colin.

It's only fiction but Diamond Ton was a bit wide.

QPR Books on 15:29 - Jun 3 with 4935 viewsSonofNorfolt

Grounds For Divorce is still available!

I'm off to Portugal on Wednesday so could do with a bit more spending.

Send me an email and if you want I'll post it tomorrow.

melh64@hotmail.co.uk
QPR Books on 15:46 - Jun 3 with 4896 viewsNoelmc

A friend of mine, Alan Ferrie, who lived on the White City Estate for years. self-published a novel called 'Corruption of Innocence'. I bought it earlier this year and thought it was a good read. There are lots of references to the local area, with place names often changed but still obvious. A couple of mentions of QPR too.

It's available from

https://www.feedaread.com/books/Corruption-Of-Innocence-9781785104725.aspx
QPR Books on 16:45 - Jun 3 with 4822 viewsBeech_Buchanan

Currently reading 'London Made Us' by Robert Elms, an evocation of London, especially North Kensington and (obviously, Elms being a fan) of QPR.
QPR Books on 17:00 - Jun 3 with 4786 viewsrunningman75

QPR Books on 16:45 - Jun 3 by Beech_Buchanan

Currently reading 'London Made Us' by Robert Elms, an evocation of London, especially North Kensington and (obviously, Elms being a fan) of QPR.

Got a few family birthdays coming at. Was intrigued about this book and may be on the present list. There is a pub in east London the Wanstead Tap which holds book talks at times and spoke to the owner there as Robert Elms had given a talk there. Obviously I came out as a QPR fan. The owner is a Leyton Orient fan. Nice little venue.
QPR Books on 18:32 - Jun 3 with 4710 viewsBoston

QPR Books on 18:52 - Oct 17 by Lblock

Chapter, that's jolly decent of him, he only used to give us a couple of minutes on the terraces.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 0:14]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Books on 00:36 - Jun 4 with 4486 viewsBoston

Ta for the heads up, I like the radio show, completely unaware he'd written a book. Known the fellah by sight for years, remember him from back in the day and occasionally spotted around Burnt Oak in his Goldbeaters uniform, never talked though as they appeared to be a bit wary of our school and would be on their toes whenever we were around. See him in the SAR every now and then, not sure where or if he takes a pre match beverage, think I'd enjoy a chat
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 0:37]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Books on 16:17 - Jun 4 with 4125 viewslondonscottish

Good tip - I might get that.

QPR Books on 22:21 - Jun 4 with 4046 viewsBeech_Buchanan

Alan Johnson's 'This Boy' devotes a few lines to the R's, amongst social history of Notting Hill and environs.
QPR Books on 10:04 - Jun 5 with 3964 viewsMick_S

That's my holiday book sorted. Many thanks people.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024