Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 11:53 - Oct 22 with 2277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Spent the weekend in North Wales. A bunch of us climbed Snowdon. It's all very beautiful. Nice beers afterwards in Beddgelert, which could well be the most scenic village I've ever been in. Found the people to be friendly but pleasingly quirky and sarcastic.

Highly recommended for a weekend away.

Compliments to you, JohnCharles.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wales on 12:07 - Oct 22 with 2236 viewsKonk

I spent Saturday in South Wales watching Fulham somehow contrive to ship four goals to Cardiff City due to some more comically dog shi t defending. Some top beers in the very welcoming Landsdowne pub before the game, glorious sunshine and friendly locals. Cardiff’s a good away day these days - it wasn’t like that in the nineties.

I absolutely love Wales - beatiful country, invariably friendly locals, good food and drink, and lots of cracking walks. Glad you enjoyed yourself, Brian.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wales on 12:31 - Oct 22 with 2175 viewsRs_Holy

Nice One!

I bought my wife and myself a voucher each to here...

https://www.zipworld.co.uk/adventure/caverns

Looks a bit scary but she loves all that kind of stuff. Anyway when we go we'll make a weekend of it and take in Snowden as well. If we have time we might try and make it to Caernarfon too?
Wales on 12:45 - Oct 22 with 2142 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wales on 12:31 - Oct 22 by Rs_Holy

Nice One!

I bought my wife and myself a voucher each to here...

https://www.zipworld.co.uk/adventure/caverns

Looks a bit scary but she loves all that kind of stuff. Anyway when we go we'll make a weekend of it and take in Snowden as well. If we have time we might try and make it to Caernarfon too?

I had two conversations with locals about Caernarfon over the weekend.

The first lad told me that the standard greeting in that town is "Awright cahnt?". He wasn't sure if "cahnt" meant c.u.n.t or was a local dialect thing.

I told the second lad this and he said "Dialect, my awse, they call each other cahnts."

I think you need to go there.

Wales on 12:48 - Oct 22 with 2131 viewsRs_Holy

Wales on 12:45 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

The first lad told me that the standard greeting in that town is "Awright cahnt?". He wasn't sure if "cahnt" meant c.u.n.t or was a local dialect thing.

I told the second lad this and he said "Dialect, my awse, they call each other cahnts."

My wife will be in stiches if thats how everyone greets eachother
Wales on 12:58 - Oct 22 with 2109 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrr...

Moy old shipmate Blob be becalmed in West Wales.
Just foller the sound of gunfire.

Yo Ho!
Wales on 12:59 - Oct 22 with 2108 viewsrobith

Every Welsh guy I've ever played rugby with has always introduced themselves to the group with that haha

Alright you caaaahhhnnts, on the beers is it?

Obviously I'm well equipped with the vagaries of Irish vernacular, but my good mate from Wales still makes my head spin when he tells me he'll be somewhere "now, in a minute"
Wales on 13:25 - Oct 22 with 2062 viewsMytch_QPR

It's very lovely - I'm there next week.

If you go again, check out some of the beaches in Anglesey plus the Llyn Peninsula.

I'm running the Snowdonia Marathon next Sat (or attempting to, at least) - it goes through Beddgelert (or Gelert's Grave, if you believe the folklore). Been injured a lot during training so I'm 'winging it' with blind faith and a few painkillers.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Wales on 14:17 - Oct 22 with 2022 viewsstowmarketrange

For a Kilimanjaro veteran I guess it was a doddle Brian?
I will have to get round to climbing it eventually too.I might wait until we play Wrexham away again though.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 16:27 - Oct 22 with 1927 viewsOldPedro

I like Beddgelert too - nice walk by the river, decent ice cream shop and steam trains pass through

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Wales on 17:13 - Oct 22 with 1857 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrr...

If 'ee be becalmed orf Aberdovey a half day's hike thru bandit country finds a lively soul at Machynlleth and thence ten moiles north... a graaand day out,here be dragons and terrordactyls me hearties!

Yo Ho!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 17:19]
Wales on 17:49 - Oct 22 with 1816 viewsR_from_afar

A Rangers supporting mate of mine has moved from Banbury to Carleon in south Wales. He has kept the faith and brings his two teenage daughters - both as Welsh as a field of leeks - to a couple of home games every season. One of them proudly wears her dad's old Guinness home shirt.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wales on 18:21 - Oct 22 with 1782 viewsBoston

Big fan of Snowdon myself...it was the smutty Princess Margaret pics that had me warming to him.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wales on 20:20 - Oct 22 with 1679 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wales on 14:17 - Oct 22 by stowmarketrange

For a Kilimanjaro veteran I guess it was a doddle Brian?
I will have to get round to climbing it eventually too.I might wait until we play Wrexham away again though.

Well we had a kid with us so we took one of the easier routes, up from Rhyd Ddu train station, but everybody found it manageable and safe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024