Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very very impressive 22:05 - Oct 23 with 5713 viewsWestbourneR

I can’t deny I’m getting more than a bit excited by what I’m
seeing. The whole team has clicked into another level. Not a single bad performance, lovely pass move, steel and commitment, and goals. Proper unit.

Special mention.

Cameron. For me quite possibly the most important factor in our transformation. He doesn’t just win the ball he has great feet as well and moves the ball quickly accurately and creatively. He passes forward with his head up. A rare quality.

Freeman. Spiky, livley and scary quick feet

Eze. What to say? I think he was tackled once in the whole 90. His touch, calm strength on the ball, swagger, looks like he’s walking around people - and vision. Real vision. The weight of pass incredible. He’s a huge talent. Unplayable. Enjoy him while he is here.

And massive well done so Steve McLaren. Has to be send he’s just doing a great job right now.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Very very impressive on 22:09 - Oct 23 with 4241 viewsDorse

Sounds like Pav played a blinder. McLaren / Eustace / Ramsey doing it right. Happy for Wells getting off the mark.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Very very impressive on 22:10 - Oct 23 with 4220 viewsRs_Holy

Yep we’ll done Schteeve! At this point in time you are proving me wrong young man
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 22:19]
Very very impressive on 22:15 - Oct 23 with 4131 viewsFDC

It's time.

The Queens Park Rangers manager is called McClaren. It's McClaren. Claren with a Mc in front. McClaren.
Very very impressive on 22:19 - Oct 23 with 4039 viewsbosh67

Yup I agree re Cameron. Calm, solid, elegant, class.

Albeit playing in a different position but there is a bit of Glenn Roeder about him for those of us who remember Glenn.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Very very impressive on 22:20 - Oct 23 with 4017 viewsplasmahoop

Yes that was really good. Freeman, eze, wsolek look a real force going forward, and we looked decent at the back too. That said, I thought Sheffield Wednesday were a it unlucky to score nil. They contributed to a clean, good football match and were good on theball. But the nice thing was we outworked them. Odomah for them had a good touch, but loafed about. Our midfield were quality, but ran about too, which ought to be a given, but seldom has been. But overall though superb and what a turnaround from the opening four games. Handy we didn't sack Steve really!
Very very impressive on 22:23 - Oct 23 with 3953 viewsFDC

Very very impressive on 22:19 - Oct 23 by bosh67

Albeit playing in a different position but there is a bit of Glenn Roeder about him for those of us who remember Glenn.

"Calm, solid, elegant, class."

Everything you would expect in a Stoke player

Very impressed by him watching on the stream tonight. The whole team looked better balanced than in a long time, well drilled, and like an actual team.
Very very impressive on 22:25 - Oct 23 with 3911 viewsHunterhoop

I can’t get over how big a difference Pav makes at right wing. Up and down that touchline. Does all the basics well. Lovely cross on him. Never stops. Super performance. AGAIN.
Very very impressive on 22:26 - Oct 23 with 3911 views08olesen

I thought Pav was brilliant tonight. I just love watching him play, he has so much energy and determination, not to mention he can play a bit too!

The whole team were great tonight. I thought Lynch had another solid game too. Only criticism would be that Lumley flapped at a couple of crosses, but that really is being picky.

Well done all involved. Support great too!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

Very very impressive on 22:28 - Oct 23 with 3843 viewsbarbicanranger

I'm beginning to believe that you don't necessarily need a Holloway type to have a steely team - thought we were excellent tonight but above everything we were physical and dominant in challenges.

Freeman seems to becoming more rounded. Lynch is a revelation. Eze's first touch is frightening. Lots of positives.

I'm glad it's working out because those first four games put the fear of god in to me about where we'd be heading next...
Very very impressive on 22:31 - Oct 23 with 3779 viewsFDC

They didn't show any replays on the stream, and it wasn't mentioned on the comms, but I thought Lynch might have been lucky not to give a penalty away early in the second half for holding? He looks loads better than the start of the season, but I always think he's got a rash challenge in him. Having said that he did his job well, and looks like he's worked on his game.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 22:33]
Very very impressive on 22:32 - Oct 23 with 3757 viewsStanisgod

Very very impressive on 22:20 - Oct 23 by plasmahoop

Yes that was really good. Freeman, eze, wsolek look a real force going forward, and we looked decent at the back too. That said, I thought Sheffield Wednesday were a it unlucky to score nil. They contributed to a clean, good football match and were good on theball. But the nice thing was we outworked them. Odomah for them had a good touch, but loafed about. Our midfield were quality, but ran about too, which ought to be a given, but seldom has been. But overall though superb and what a turnaround from the opening four games. Handy we didn't sack Steve really!

I actually thought the Wednesday team sheet should have read :
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Subs Bannan and Bannan

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Very very impressive on 22:33 - Oct 23 with 3744 viewsBklynRanger

Very organised, good balance of grit and flair, everyone seems to know how to support the player in front, beside and behind them. Really good stuff at this point.

We seem to be doing a very good job of containing teams - e.g. I spent a lot of time worrying about the space that Bannon was being given. At times I think it was more than we ideally wanted to but we did a great job of allowing him to play it in front of us while closing off any space behind.

I wouldn't even want to single a player out as better than anyone else tonight - a really solid team performance.
Very very impressive on 22:43 - Oct 23 with 3577 viewsstevec

I’m stunned how these players have suddenly developed the power of concentration.

It’s almost as if a proper coach has given them some proper coaching.
Very very impressive on 22:45 - Oct 23 with 3549 viewsessextaxiboy

Very very impressive on 22:19 - Oct 23 by bosh67

..without the stepovers ..
Very very impressive on 22:52 - Oct 23 with 3462 viewssmegma

Very very impressive on 22:32 - Oct 23 by Stanisgod

Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Subs Bannan and Bannan

I thought he was superb . But the rest of their team weren't on the same page.
Very very impressive on 22:54 - Oct 23 with 3417 viewssmegma

That Lumley kid. 7 clean sheets in 11 games. Just saying like ........
Very very impressive on 22:55 - Oct 23 with 3385 viewsplasmahoop

Very very impressive on 22:32 - Oct 23 by Stanisgod

Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Bannan
Subs Bannan and Bannan

Ha ha, bannan wasn't bad though
Very very impressive on 23:04 - Oct 23 with 3297 viewsFaurlinho

It's unnerving, frankly. It's not just the talent. Eze, Freeman, Wells have that in spades. But the hunger for the ball. The pressing. The piling into tackles. The multitude of chances we are creating. And so good to see Pav getting recognition. I love Soav. We all love Pav. Something's going to go wrong. Surely...
Very very impressive on 23:06 - Oct 23 with 3258 viewsBlackCrowe

Bannan looked v good.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Very very impressive on 23:09 - Oct 23 with 3211 viewscaliforniahoop

Very very impressive on 23:06 - Oct 23 by BlackCrowe

Bannan looked v good.

He is a good player
Very very impressive on 23:13 - Oct 23 with 3176 viewscaliforniahoop

Very very impressive on 22:09 - Oct 23 by Dorse

Sounds like Pav played a blinder. McLaren / Eustace / Ramsey doing it right. Happy for Wells getting off the mark.

The thing is the calmness in possession that’s the most impressive!
Very very impressive on 23:18 - Oct 23 with 3121 viewsAgedR

Very very impressive on 22:10 - Oct 23 by Rs_Holy

Yep we’ll done Schteeve! At this point in time you are proving me wrong young man

Agree.

I couldn’t see what he was bringing that improved that improved us from Ollie.

I can now.

As complete a performance as I can remember for a long time.

Swansea 3-0 under Hughes, with a collectors item Akos performance, maybe?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Very very impressive on 23:24 - Oct 23 with 3057 viewsNortholt_Rs

Very very impressive on 22:25 - Oct 23 by Hunterhoop

I can’t get over how big a difference Pav makes at right wing. Up and down that touchline. Does all the basics well. Lovely cross on him. Never stops. Super performance. AGAIN.

My MoTM....great performance from Pav and the whole team. Up to 11th now!!! I think I’m getting a nosebleed....
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 23:24]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Very very impressive on 23:25 - Oct 23 with 3041 viewsNortholt_Rs

Very very impressive on 22:54 - Oct 23 by smegma

That Lumley kid. 7 clean sheets in 11 games. Just saying like ........

He’s been a revelation....magnificent.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Very very impressive on 23:38 - Oct 23 with 2981 viewsToast_R

Lets just see the general consensus about McClaren when the innevitable piss poor festive period hits. I still think we'll put in a dire one on Friday night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024