Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve 22:06 - Oct 26 with 4276 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really good extended interview with him on the pitch just now on Sky with the Three Amigos.

It's the first time he's seemed de-stressed. He was still cautionary about 'next game only' etc, but he smiled a bit and it seemed he might be finally enjoying his time at the Rangers.

I hope so, he's doing well right now. We're a hard crowd to please at times (understatement) but we can be a great crowd if we're on your side. I hope he settles in and feels that camaraderie.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Steve on 22:09 - Oct 26 with 4228 viewsingeminate

Agree with that. Would also say that this was one of the best defensive performances I can ever remember seeing. Outstanding.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Steve on 22:12 - Oct 26 with 4151 views2Thomas2Bowles

That's not Steveeee

It's a body swop for a strange bloke that's getting results

FACT!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Steve on 22:25 - Oct 26 with 3984 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Steve on 22:53 - Oct 26 with 3747 viewsbarbicanranger

Steve on 22:09 - Oct 26 by ingeminate

Agree with that. Would also say that this was one of the best defensive performances I can ever remember seeing. Outstanding.

Agreed. It almost redefined defending as I have come to know it at QPR whereby we simply rely on the last man to do something. From front to back we were very hard to break down, Villa had most the possession but I cannot remember a single clear cut chance that they had, I didn't even feel that uncomfortable during the second half - maybe the last minute Rangel block when he saluted the SAR.

Re the OP, it feels like momentum is building on and off the pitch - I think McClaren will have a lot of fans onside after this run and hopefully he can relax in to it now.
Steve on 23:25 - Oct 26 with 3535 viewschris1969

October Manager of the Month....shoe in
Steve on 23:33 - Oct 26 with 3464 viewsbarbicanranger

The interview miraculously worked here in California - thanks for sharing.

You could tell he was bursting inside but he really does keep his feet on the ground.
Steve on 23:42 - Oct 26 with 3375 viewscaliforniahoop

Steve on 22:09 - Oct 26 by ingeminate

100% agreewith that, enjoyed watching that defence go about it!
Steve on 00:00 - Oct 27 with 3290 viewspaulparker

Well done McLaren, I’m not a fan but credit where it’s due he has turned it around and got us up there ,and has made lynch a proper centre half that in itself shows how good a coach he is
I coated McLaren off but I’m happy to eat humble pie ,long may this run continue

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Steve on 00:15 - Oct 27 with 3221 viewsVancouverHoop

Another very good post-match interview with him on the Offy. Analytical, even critical at times, but he looks a bit happier than he did as recently as last week. Very impressed with "the mood in the dressing room" and how everyone's taking responsibility. Defensively "front to back" been excellent. Still lack a little bit in transition going forward, the quick pass and the timely cross, but it's been an excellent week.
Steve on 01:08 - Oct 27 with 3045 viewsjtuck

Steve on 00:15 - Oct 27 by VancouverHoop

Another very good post-match interview with him on the Offy. Analytical, even critical at times, but he looks a bit happier than he did as recently as last week. Very impressed with "the mood in the dressing room" and how everyone's taking responsibility. Defensively "front to back" been excellent. Still lack a little bit in transition going forward, the quick pass and the timely cross, but it's been an excellent week.

Agree with the sentiments on this thread. Only one thing missing from his post-match comments on official site and Sky: mention of the fans. Could have said something like 'the fans were terrific tonight' which did seem the case with the C'mon URRRRs reverberating down the live stream all the way to Los Angeles. In a strange way, respect that he is not trying to curry favour with us and is making this all about the dressing room and the coaching staff. McClaren did say in another off-air interview with site: 'hopefully matches like that will bring the crowds back'. 16-thousand plus on a Friday night with the game on TV a good start. Hope my brother 18 Stone of Hoop was at Loftus Road. He's been through the hard times with the rest of you.

LAranger

Steve on 01:49 - Oct 27 with 2968 viewsWilloW4

Steve on 23:33 - Oct 26 by barbicanranger

The interview miraculously worked here in California - thanks for sharing.

You could tell he was bursting inside but he really does keep his feet on the ground.

I like the way our manager is going about his business... Long may it continue.. Well played mr. McClaren and his oppos... Thoroughly enjoyed the last few games. Credit where it's due.. Very refreshing from Holloways rants and raves... Head down , arse up...!! Crack on Rangers.!!
Steve on 03:59 - Oct 27 with 2867 viewsPommyhoop

Great interview. Brilliant stuff Steve.
Is it just me that is reminded of someone by Schteeve ?

OUR DEFENCE WAS>>>

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Steve on 08:26 - Oct 27 with 2534 viewscaliforniahoop

Steve on 03:59 - Oct 27 by Pommyhoop

Great interview. Brilliant stuff Steve.
Is it just me that is reminded of someone by Schteeve ?

OUR DEFENCE WAS>>>

He is doing it the right way, make the fans come to him by producing on the field, others sort to get the fans on board with chest thumping rhetoric that blinded them from what was actually happening on the field!

Was happy with this appointment from day one, knew all that group needed was coaching, the additions have been a pleasant surprise!
Steve on 08:35 - Oct 27 with 2482 viewsHunterhoop

Steve on 08:26 - Oct 27 by californiahoop

He is doing it the right way, make the fans come to him by producing on the field, others sort to get the fans on board with chest thumping rhetoric that blinded them from what was actually happening on the field!

Was happy with this appointment from day one, knew all that group needed was coaching, the additions have been a pleasant surprise!

That’s the first time i’ve warmed to him as our head coach. First time he’s shown any passion or pride in being in the role here.

I, like many, wanted him gone after Brizzle at home. We were so far off what was acceptable, i couldn’t see how there was any way back for him or us, and so thought a change then was the right thing.

Hands up, delighted to be proved wrong. He has the team playing a specific formation and style very well: defend deep, soak it up, and then, when there’s a bad pass or first touch, get a tackle in and break at pace with ball players. Again, we had far less possession, but again we look threatening and can carve teams open. Getting Pav back in the side has helped enormously as he’s a willing runner with a good touch and end product.

Keep it going. Coupe of E I E I E I O chants last night. McClaren’s blue and white army won’t be too far away. He deserves the support.
Steve on 08:49 - Oct 27 with 2432 viewsloneranger1

Steve on 00:00 - Oct 27 by paulparker

Well done McLaren, I’m not a fan but credit where it’s due he has turned it around and got us up there ,and has made lynch a proper centre half that in itself shows how good a coach he is
I coated McLaren off but I’m happy to eat humble pie ,long may this run continue

Me too - couldn't imagine being happy to eat humble pie but I definitely am.

When was the alst time we won 3 in row, without conceding - and in the space of a week?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024