Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 points off automatic promotion 22:41 - Oct 26 with 2724 viewsbosh67

I have to hold my hands up and say I would driven McClaren anywhere else but here after Swansea and Blackpool but we're suddenly 3 points off the automatic promotion spots. But I have to be fair and say that although I don't like the way he has frozen out some of our young talent he has put a very well drilled tough unit together and he has realised how much Pav adds. Cameron is a revelation and Lynch and Leistner have been absolute rocks. Never would have thought it. So, credit where it's due.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 22:42]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

3 points off automatic promotion on 22:45 - Oct 26 with 2666 viewskropotkin41

Indeed.

Now the important thing is that we weather whatever storms lie ahead and enjoy the fact that we seem to be properly competitive again.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

3 points off automatic promotion on 22:47 - Oct 26 with 2626 viewsbarbicanranger

Are you now at the point of wanting to drive him to and from training so that he can't be sniffed up by a bigger club?

Oh the highs and lows of QPR.
3 points off automatic promotion on 22:57 - Oct 26 with 2528 viewsessextaxiboy

I too spent 10 years thinking he was a complete t@sser and when he rocked up here I was less than impressed especially after Ollie was treated so badly . Everyone deserves 15 games or so though and after our start I expected that if we lost to Brentford he would be gone
Well we are there now and I couldnt be more wrong , tonight was one of the most mentally strong performances that I can remember against a team with some big names .
Fair play Mr Mc , I still dont feel.he is a good fit for us somehow and fully expect him to be offski if the sniff of a Prem job comes up but in the meantime I am enjoying the games . Playing like that we have no one to fear IMO ...
3 points off automatic promotion on 00:11 - Oct 27 with 2302 viewsnix

Another one eating a bit of humble pie. Happy to do so after enjoying such a run. And particularly enjoyed stuffing Terry. Our fans were magnificent today. So pleased for the diehards who’ve stuck it out home and away that they’ve got something to really sing about. Apparently Sky toned down our fans but Terry would certainly have heard us asking him the score on numerous occasions.
3 points off automatic promotion on 00:23 - Oct 27 with 2264 viewsQPR_Nippon

If we had got a draw at Preston and beaten Sheff U at home - and all other results the same - we’d be sitting top of the league right now. Bonkers!
3 points off automatic promotion on 03:43 - Oct 27 with 2077 viewstimcocking

It's so hard not to over-react with football. Every defeat does feel like the end of the world. Always try to remain on an even keel, but it is surprisingly difficult.

This time, though, i really did think we were in the deepest sh!t creek for a while, no paddles anywhere in sight. Huge credit to Stevie Mac.

That said, where will we end up at the end of the season? What cost to morale of Furlong, Scowen Bright, Smyth, Smith etc. if all the loanees wander off at the end of the season? Where would we be if we'd kept our defence intact and just signed Nahki Wells? So there are still issues which i'm disappointed in, but would seem rather churlish to dwell on them at the moment.
3 points off automatic promotion on 04:41 - Oct 27 with 2045 viewsdubaistu

3 points off automatic promotion on 03:43 - Oct 27 by timcocking

It's so hard not to over-react with football. Every defeat does feel like the end of the world. Always try to remain on an even keel, but it is surprisingly difficult.

This time, though, i really did think we were in the deepest sh!t creek for a while, no paddles anywhere in sight. Huge credit to Stevie Mac.

That said, where will we end up at the end of the season? What cost to morale of Furlong, Scowen Bright, Smyth, Smith etc. if all the loanees wander off at the end of the season? Where would we be if we'd kept our defence intact and just signed Nahki Wells? So there are still issues which i'm disappointed in, but would seem rather churlish to dwell on them at the moment.

I'd be confident to say the players missing out will prefer Championship rather than League 1 next year. It's not a league to cut your teeth with so many young players and a lack of experience.

Those players should look at the long term plan, they'll get their chances if they're good enough.

There are another 31 games to go....
3 points off automatic promotion on 13:12 - Oct 27 with 1657 viewsPinnerPaul

3 points off automatic promotion on 04:41 - Oct 27 by dubaistu

I'd be confident to say the players missing out will prefer Championship rather than League 1 next year. It's not a league to cut your teeth with so many young players and a lack of experience.

Those players should look at the long term plan, they'll get their chances if they're good enough.

There are another 31 games to go....

If you look at body language of subs, they don't seem too hacked off to me.

Numerous examples of subs helping team mates when the game is on and then the likes of Smith, Scowen enjoying the applause, even after being on for just a few minutes.

Mr W used to say it was easy managing a squad when you're winning as no one can say they should be in the team when its playing so well.

However I do think there is a real togetherness at the moment - every player mentions it it in every interview
Login to get fewer ads

3 points off automatic promotion on 17:03 - Oct 27 with 1498 viewsSimonJames

Well it was nice while it lasted...
Down to ninth now, and probably 10th later, when Forest undoubtedly eke out a draw with Leeds. But still Top 10!

100% of people who drink water will die.

3 points off automatic promotion on 19:04 - Oct 27 with 1400 viewsenfieldargh

3 points off automatic promotion on 17:03 - Oct 27 by SimonJames

Down to ninth now, and probably 10th later, when Forest undoubtedly eke out a draw with Leeds. But still Top 10!

yes but last night we were one point behind 6th, now after all the others have played we are only 2 points behind 7-1 WBA in 6th!!!!!(If Florist win)

Blackburn away next, how do we normally get on up there I wonder.....

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

3 points off automatic promotion on 19:30 - Oct 27 with 1371 viewsjonno

3 points off automatic promotion on 17:03 - Oct 27 by SimonJames

And we're only 10th on goal difference - on points we're equal 7th.
3 points off automatic promotion on 20:24 - Oct 27 with 1260 viewsMrSheen

Promotion, eh? Ask Fulham how that’s going. (Yuk, yuk)
3 points off automatic promotion on 20:54 - Oct 27 with 1212 viewspaulparker

I’d still take just staying up , it’s a tight league with teams beating each other, the next 2 games away will see how we go , if we can grab any sort of points I’d take that right now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

3 points off automatic promotion on 22:04 - Oct 27 with 1130 viewsBoston

Not one ‘are we mathematically safe yet?’.....you know we’re rolling.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

3 points off automatic promotion on 22:47 - Oct 27 with 1081 viewssmegma

We've dropped to 10th.

McLaren out ??!!!
3 points off automatic promotion on 23:42 - Oct 27 with 1012 viewskensalriser

Maybe just my perception, but the division seems unusally open right now even by Championship standards.

Leaders have less than the two points per game that's normally required for second and only five points separate 7th from 17th.

About the only thing that looks certain is we won't win at the City Ground.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 23:43]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

3 points off automatic promotion on 02:04 - Oct 28 with 893 viewsisawqpratwcity

3 points off automatic promotion on 23:42 - Oct 27 by kensalriser

Maybe just my perception, but the division seems unusally open right now even by Championship standards.

Leaders have less than the two points per game that's normally required for second and only five points separate 7th from 17th.

About the only thing that looks certain is we won't win at the City Ground.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 23:43]

A fair observation, though there are already five teams showing definite relegation form of a point a game or less.

The really interesting table is the Premier, where six teams have two points a game or better and eight teams on less than a point a game. Talk about inequality...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024