Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night... 11:11 - Oct 27 with 1739 viewsganjR

First time back for a while and really enjoyed that!
I can't remember such a hard working, committed R's side, but committed and clever with a real discipline and cohesion throughout.
I'm not really a fan of McClaren but credit where credit is due, he is doing a really good job, especially after such a start, and it shows the mark of the man that he has got on with it and has not only kept the players onside but seemingly galvanised them.
Also the atmosphere was decent again, got behind the team and the constant whinging and sniping seems to have gone (for now), the sound of grown men whinging like feeble, self-obsessed junkies grated too much and when a day at the football costs a oner nowadays, I found it hard to justify going, especially with work and family commitments.
Now, I don't want to get carried away, I still think we will finish lower mid-table and that means some poor performances and results along the way, but as long as we don't start throwing our toys out the pram again, we will be fine. The players seemed to really appreciate the support and it most definitely lifts their game.
We all know negativity is counter productive to the team and in recent years I've seen our supporters refuse to celebrate goals as it goes against the poisonous rhetoric they had been spewing, pathetic really.
Last night was like these fabled old days of almost glory and their is no feeling like being at LR, under the lights and with fellow R's singing, joking and being as one, there is no better place to be.
Finally a shout out to Dave Barton, I wrote a small thing for AKUTRS recently, it is a huge honour that he used it, please support him and the fanzine. It's a part of QPR as much as a munch at Cookes was.
There are far better writers on here daily than I'll ever be, please have a go and send him some stuff and of course, keep buying the mag, I don't think any of us can quite fathom the commitment and effort it takes to do what he does, he deserves a lot of credit and of course, our support.
COYRS
Last night... on 11:17 - Oct 27 with 1688 viewssmegma

Good to have you back Ganj and glad they put on a show for you.
Last night... on 11:21 - Oct 27 with 1648 viewsganjR

Last night... on 11:17 - Oct 27 by smegma

Good to have you back Ganj and glad they put on a show for you.

Thank you mate.
Was close to going on Wednesday too, is that 3 wins and 3 clean sheets in 6 days? Madness!
Last night... on 14:48 - Oct 27 with 1449 viewsted_hendrix

Ganj,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Last night... on 14:57 - Oct 27 with 1420 viewsEsox_Lucius

I know you mean Dave Thomas, not Dave Barton but other than that you are spot on.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024