Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill 15:28 - Oct 27 with 5335 viewsCamberleyR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46002170

Doesn't sound too good. Hope he pulls through, would be a tragedy to lose him and Ray so close together.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 15:38 - Oct 27 with 5274 viewsNov77

One of the best players of his generation, broke our hearts in 82 I know, but he was quality.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 16:20 - Oct 27 with 5152 viewsHadders

One of the greatest English players ever in my view, and seems a likeable chap. Wish him all the very best.
Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 16:25 - Oct 27 with 5130 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He may or may not soon discover whether his reprehensible views on reincarnation are true or not. He may or may not pass away and he may or may not bump into our lovely sister, Michelle, who was born with severe physical disabilities and illnesses and lived in unimaginable pain before slipping away shy of her fifth birthday. Perhaps he'll get a chance to explain to her how the disabilities she suffered were merely her paying for her sins in a past life.

Chin him, Michelle!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 16:35 - Oct 27 with 5085 views18StoneOfHoop

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 16:25 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

He may or may not soon discover whether his reprehensible views on reincarnation are true or not. He may or may not pass away and he may or may not bump into our lovely sister, Michelle, who was born with severe physical disabilities and illnesses and lived in unimaginable pain before slipping away shy of her fifth birthday. Perhaps he'll get a chance to explain to her how the disabilities she suffered were merely her paying for her sins in a past life.

Chin him, Michelle!!!

Like Ray - and Lineker now - a talented good fella and gentleman.
Hold on Glenda!

And what a perm when he was 20!

(Sorry B Mc copied/replied to your post by accident.. CTN)
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 16:40]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 17:04 - Oct 27 with 4995 viewsjohncharles

One of the few players that Stanley admired for his skill.
Hang on in there Glenn.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 17:05]

Strong and stable my arse.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 17:20 - Oct 27 with 4920 viewsEsox_Lucius

Come on Eileen!

The grass is always greener.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 18:59 - Oct 27 with 4720 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Been thinking about this and want to apologise for my glib post earlier. I still find his views disgusting, and those views cut to the bone on account of Michelle and what she meant to us and still means to us. But I have friends, good friends, who believe other things that I don't understand and I love them anyway. I shouldn't be taking a shot at Hoddle just because I've never met him and certainly not today.

I think what I should say is that I hope he pulls through and I hope that he is enlightened.

If he doesn't, then if there is a next life then I hope it treats him and all of us well.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 19:20 - Oct 27 with 4656 viewsloftboy

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 18:59 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Been thinking about this and want to apologise for my glib post earlier. I still find his views disgusting, and those views cut to the bone on account of Michelle and what she meant to us and still means to us. But I have friends, good friends, who believe other things that I don't understand and I love them anyway. I shouldn't be taking a shot at Hoddle just because I've never met him and certainly not today.

I think what I should say is that I hope he pulls through and I hope that he is enlightened.

If he doesn't, then if there is a next life then I hope it treats him and all of us well.

No need for apologies Brian, his remarks would have insulted thousands of families and were totally out of order.
The week after we lost to Oxford we lost 5-2 at home to spurs and Hoddle and Waddle put on probably the best display of pure football I have witnessed by an opposing team at Loftus Road. Hope he pulls through , 61 is far too young for anyone.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 20:21 - Oct 27 with 4490 viewsMrSheen

Good on you Brian, lots of people believe all sorts of peculiar things.

I think it was about 1985 when the League was in dispute with the TV and there weren’t even highlights on. You could get into just about any game you wanted, so when Rangers were away, I’d pick a game and go. Much more relaxing when you’re not invested in it, just enjoy what’s in front of you. Hoddle and Waddle were unbelievable, but there was also McAvennie and Cottee at West Ham, Howard Kendall’s Everton when they came to town. Arsenal were always terrible though.
Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 20:34 - Oct 27 with 4446 views18StoneOfHoop

Eileen the bogus 'spiritual' charlatan,
Hoddle the naive dupe.

Heaven help us all good man B-Mac
me old Don Givens Avatarred
flying in the air at the far post conshine.

[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 3:27]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 20:41 - Oct 27 with 4415 viewspaulparker

I like glen should never have been let go from the England job
I always remember his last game for spurs against oxford and making Peter hucker look silly
he should have gone and played in Italy he would have been a mega star
Anyway get well soon Hod

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 20:53 - Oct 27 with 4370 viewsBoston

Good recovery.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 21:20 - Oct 27 with 4302 viewsWesty75

To be fair to him I think his views on reincarnation were a misguided/naive/ill-informed mangling of a strain of eastern religious belief than anything malign. Unfortunate and offensive but not, I think, intentionally so. Sort of when people say “everything happens for a reason” - always comes across as pretty crass.
Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 21:36 - Oct 27 with 4253 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 20:53 - Oct 27 by Boston

Good recovery.

Honestly, Boston, It wasn't an attempt at a recovery. It's genuinely how I feel. I stand over both posts and I stand beside my sister. I was too young at the time, but I can do it now.

I hope for the best for Hoddle and his family, but I'm not backing down from what I think of his views on Michelle's illness. That's something that our the human race shouldn't believe.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 21:40 - Oct 27 with 4240 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 21:20 - Oct 27 by Westy75

To be fair to him I think his views on reincarnation were a misguided/naive/ill-informed mangling of a strain of eastern religious belief than anything malign. Unfortunate and offensive but not, I think, intentionally so. Sort of when people say “everything happens for a reason” - always comes across as pretty crass.

I get your point, Westy. I hope it was just idiocy.

Anyway, the man's played for and managed Chelsea. He's suffered enough in this life.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 22:12 - Oct 27 with 4171 viewsWesty75

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 21:40 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I get your point, Westy. I hope it was just idiocy.

Anyway, the man's played for and managed Chelsea. He's suffered enough in this life.

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 22:29 - Oct 27 with 4133 viewssmegma

You do not need to apologise Brian.
Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 22:32 - Oct 27 with 4122 viewsHadders

I was just watching some clips of Hoddle and it occurred to me that he was similar to and as good as Berkamp, in my view one of the best players in the Premier League era. Then saw something I didn't know, that Hoddle played under Wenger at Monaco...
Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 22:43 - Oct 27 with 4096 viewssmegma

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 17:04 - Oct 27 by johncharles

One of the few players that Stanley admired for his skill.
Hang on in there Glenn.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 17:05]

On his birthday of all days
Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 13:04 - Oct 28 with 3796 views2Thomas2Bowles

Heart attack.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Glenn Hoddle in hospital seriously ill on 22:54 - Oct 29 with 3527 viewsbosh67

Has had surgery to put in 3 stents. Out of intensive care. Talking and drinking tea. Seems to have dodged the bullet thankfully.

God forbid he leaves hospital in a wheelchair!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024