Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs Citeh 20:05 - Oct 29 with 4657 viewsBlackCrowe

I wonder how many touchdowns will be scored tonight.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Spurs Citeh on 20:15 - Oct 29 with 3924 viewsJigsore

that would be the Manchester Cityzens against the Tottenham Hotspurs

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Spurs Citeh on 20:16 - Oct 29 with 3914 viewsonlyrinmoray

What a mess that pitch is after being ripped up by the NFL
Spurs Citeh on 20:17 - Oct 29 with 3907 viewsBoston

Tottenham v West Ham.....Spurs v Grid Irons.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spurs Citeh on 21:19 - Oct 29 with 3794 viewsRrsssOntheline

Those pitch markings are surely illegal? All those lines and nfl emblem? Hope the spuds get fined heavily and the FA hang their heads in shame at allowing it all to have happened.
Spurs Citeh on 22:00 - Oct 29 with 3749 viewsEsox_Lucius

The amount of times that the Man City Chargers were first and goal in the red zone was unbelievable, their offensive line had some some really good gadget plays.

The grass is always greener.

Spurs Citeh on 22:08 - Oct 29 with 3731 viewseghamranger

I worked at Wembley last night.

They turned it round in 12 hours. I turned up to NFL teams leaving and when I left this morning it was back to Spurs again.
Behind the scenes is a great set up. Blokes were jet washing the pitch for hours trying to get the paint off.
At one stage I was the only person stood in the stadium and I was stood in the booby Zamora goal mouth.

Pitch wasn’t great .... but they pay 25 million a game to stage it there!!!!
Spurs Citeh on 22:58 - Oct 29 with 3677 viewsbosh67

Can't really blame the FA this time because they had nowhere else to play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spurs Citeh on 08:57 - Oct 30 with 3501 viewsBoston

Spurs Citeh on 21:19 - Oct 29 by RrsssOntheline

Those pitch markings are surely illegal? All those lines and nfl emblem? Hope the spuds get fined heavily and the FA hang their heads in shame at allowing it all to have happened.

No fines for ‘special teams’.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs Citeh on 09:06 - Oct 30 with 3486 viewstraininvain

Spurs should've been made to play the game away at City. The pitch was a joke and it's lucky no one was injured.
Spurs Citeh on 09:07 - Oct 30 with 3483 viewssmegma

Spurs Citeh on 22:58 - Oct 29 by bosh67

ERm, I blame the FA. They took the money from Spurs knowing that that monstrosity of a sport was also booked during the season. As a consequence Spurs had to play a League Cup tie some 80 miles from their home ground/Wembley.

The Football Association, knowing sweet FA about football since 1863.

(except how to make money of course)
Spurs Citeh on 10:11 - Oct 30 with 3418 viewsdaveB

Spurs Citeh on 09:06 - Oct 30 by traininvain

Spurs should've been made to play the game away at City. The pitch was a joke and it's lucky no one was injured.

Pitch wasn't that bad, we had a far worse pitch in the 90's and managed to cope
Spurs Citeh on 10:13 - Oct 30 with 3415 viewspaulparker

Spurs should be relegated for not having a ground
I know it was the football league , 20 years ago etc but Stevenage were denied entry to the football league for not having an adequate stadium as far as I can see spurs don’t have one
So chuck them out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Spurs Citeh on 10:21 - Oct 30 with 3402 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Spurs Citeh on 10:13 - Oct 30 by paulparker

Spurs should be relegated for not having a ground
I know it was the football league , 20 years ago etc but Stevenage were denied entry to the football league for not having an adequate stadium as far as I can see spurs don’t have one
So chuck them out

This.

Barnet also denied promotion a few times because of the Underhill.
Spurs Citeh on 10:28 - Oct 30 with 3390 viewssouthbrookstreet

Spurs Citeh on 22:58 - Oct 29 by bosh67

I blame sky.. the spurs v City game was scheduled for sat October 27th 3pm a day before the american football circus.... until Sky moved it to Monday, i suppose we are in the age where money talks and Wembley officials must have known what would happen... the blind eye job I suppose
Spurs Citeh on 10:28 - Oct 30 with 3390 viewsLythamR

this is not the FA's fault as far as they were concerned Spurs would have been in their new stadium 2 months ago.

I found it difficult to watch and a poor advert for the premier league. I bet the NFL bods were loving it though
Spurs Citeh on 10:43 - Oct 30 with 3361 viewstraininvain

Spurs Citeh on 10:11 - Oct 30 by daveB

Pitch wasn't that bad, we had a far worse pitch in the 90's and managed to cope

It's a different era- you might as well compare with pitches in the 1970's by your logic!

The richest league in the world and one of the top games this season played on a cabbage patch pitch with NFL markings all over it.

The Premier League should make Spurs play away until they have sorted their new stadium
Spurs Citeh on 11:24 - Oct 30 with 3322 viewssmegma

Spurs Citeh on 10:28 - Oct 30 by LythamR

this is not the FA's fault as far as they were concerned Spurs would have been in their new stadium 2 months ago.

I found it difficult to watch and a poor advert for the premier league. I bet the NFL bods were loving it though

But they did the same last season when they knew Spurs would be playing every game at Wembley.

The FA are 2 bob.
Spurs Citeh on 11:49 - Oct 30 with 3289 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Spurs Citeh on 11:24 - Oct 30 by smegma

But they did the same last season when they knew Spurs would be playing every game at Wembley.

The FA are 2 bob.

Spurs Citeh on 11:59 - Oct 30 with 3272 viewsTacticalR

This forum is getting too surreal for its own good.

Air hostess clique

Spurs Citeh on 12:20 - Oct 30 with 3233 viewsWalnut

Spurs Citeh on 10:28 - Oct 30 by southbrookstreet

I blame sky.. the spurs v City game was scheduled for sat October 27th 3pm a day before the american football circus.... until Sky moved it to Monday, i suppose we are in the age where money talks and Wembley officials must have known what would happen... the blind eye job I suppose

Sky actually moved it to the Sunday on the basis everyone thought the new WHL would be ready. Once they knew that wasn't the case AND Wembley couldn't be used Sunday, Sky put their full weight behind playing on the Monday rather than Spurs/ManCity deferring the game (no idea what the financial penalties would've been).
Sky wanted "THEIR" game.
What was even more scandalous, was once Sky knew they'd lost their 4pm Sunday game, they shifted Man U v Everton from Saturday lunchtime (ie already moved once for TV) to Sunday PM just so they didn't lose their coveted 4pm Sunday slot. Outrageously (or typically) Sky have redirected all compensation claims from Man U (yes I know it's Man U!) and Everton fans for Saturday transport/hotel losses etc to the Premier League who are also being sniffy about it. Beggars belief
Spurs Citeh on 12:25 - Oct 30 with 3220 viewsMick_S

Spurs Citeh on 11:24 - Oct 30 by smegma

The FA are 2 bob.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Spurs Citeh on 13:07 - Oct 30 with 3172 viewsdaveB

Spurs Citeh on 10:43 - Oct 30 by traininvain

It's a different era- you might as well compare with pitches in the 1970's by your logic!

The richest league in the world and one of the top games this season played on a cabbage patch pitch with NFL markings all over it.

The Premier League should make Spurs play away until they have sorted their new stadium

It looked crap with all the logos on it but teams have played on far worse in the past, I didn't think it affected the game

Of course agree it shouldn't have been played 24 hours after an American Football game but thats down to the clubs and tv company, no point them crying about it now they didn't have to play at Wembley last night
Spurs Citeh on 13:12 - Oct 30 with 3165 viewsR_from_afar

Spurs Citeh on 10:21 - Oct 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

This.

Barnet also denied promotion a few times because of the Underhill.

Indeed. It also happened to Falkirk, in connection with going up into the SPL.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Spurs Citeh on 13:53 - Oct 30 with 3116 viewstraininvain

Spurs Citeh on 13:07 - Oct 30 by daveB

It looked crap with all the logos on it but teams have played on far worse in the past, I didn't think it affected the game

Of course agree it shouldn't have been played 24 hours after an American Football game but thats down to the clubs and tv company, no point them crying about it now they didn't have to play at Wembley last night

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46023057

Plenty of quotes from those involved unhappy with the state of the pitch.

The fact of the matter is that a top level football match in October in this day and age shouldn't be played on a pitch of that standard.
Spurs Citeh on 14:19 - Oct 30 with 3096 viewsPinnerPaul

Its not the FA who decide where Spurs play if they can't play at home - that would be the PL
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 15:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024