Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Gillan 11:39 - Oct 31 with 2783 viewsenfieldargh

Listening to Robert Elmes just talked about Ian Gillan a mad QPR fan and how many of his songs where inspired by Stanley Bowles.

Never knew that!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ian Gillan on 11:51 - Oct 31 with 2739 viewsMick_S

Wiki:

Gillan is a passionate football fan, supporting Queens Park Rangers. He is also a big fan of cricket.[

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ian Gillan on 12:15 - Oct 31 with 2664 viewshubble

WTF, had no idea. Plenty of Deep Purple fans on here, Lytham being the foremost that I know!
Ian Gillan on 12:36 - Oct 31 with 2609 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I didn't know that either

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ian Gillan on 13:30 - Oct 31 with 2509 viewsEsox_Lucius

As a result of him living at the top of my road in Hayes, I was taught to play guitar by Nic Simper. Me and a mate used to sit on his wall at the front of his house and listen to Deep Purple rehearsing in his garage. He didn't mind and one day said to me that if I got a guitar, he would teach me. When DP toured The Book Of Talisyn he put me in touch with another guitar teacher who, it turned out, had taught Pete Townshend to play guitar. Small world.

The grass is always greener.

Ian Gillan on 13:41 - Oct 31 with 2481 viewsR_from_afar

It's great to have such a legend following our club

The Mrs and I both love Purple (and she likes the band Gillan too) and the first time I went to her house, she put played "Fireball" on her hifi.

New Purple album possibly on the way:

In the meantime, Purple fans might like this:

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ian Gillan on 13:54 - Oct 31 with 2444 viewsHunterhoop

Purple are excellent. One of the most under appreciated and underrated bands of all time IMO.
Ian Gillan on 13:56 - Oct 31 with 2434 viewsDannyPaddox

Ian Gillan on 13:30 - Oct 31 by Esox_Lucius

As a result of him living at the top of my road in Hayes, I was taught to play guitar by Nic Simper. Me and a mate used to sit on his wall at the front of his house and listen to Deep Purple rehearsing in his garage. He didn't mind and one day said to me that if I got a guitar, he would teach me. When DP toured The Book Of Talisyn he put me in touch with another guitar teacher who, it turned out, had taught Pete Townshend to play guitar. Small world.

Lesson 4: After perfecting the power chords, the major and minor Blues scales, and use of enharmonic feedback it's now time to smash the fcuker to smithereens. Firmly grasp the instrument by neck or body, engage core muscles, take sufficient backswing, and begin ...

[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 14:05]
Ian Gillan on 14:25 - Oct 31 with 2360 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The last Purple album had some suprisingly good track on it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Gillan on 14:32 - Oct 31 with 2345 viewsLythamR

Ian Gillan on 12:15 - Oct 31 by hubble

WTF, had no idea. Plenty of Deep Purple fans on here, Lytham being the foremost that I know!

True Hud

There was a moment back in the days of We Are QPR that there was just a possibility of Gillan appearing as part of a fundraiser but for various reasons it didn't work out
Ian Gillan on 14:48 - Oct 31 with 2321 viewshopphoops

Ian Gillan on 13:56 - Oct 31 by DannyPaddox

Lesson 4: After perfecting the power chords, the major and minor Blues scales, and use of enharmonic feedback it's now time to smash the fcuker to smithereens. Firmly grasp the instrument by neck or body, engage core muscles, take sufficient backswing, and begin ...

I was well impressed with those guitars staying in one piece after the hammering they got. I'm a bit sleep deprived.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Ian Gillan on 15:05 - Oct 31 with 2273 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ian Gillan on 13:56 - Oct 31 by DannyPaddox

He moved over to Gibson SG's later as they were cheaper.

The grass is always greener.

Ian Gillan on 16:07 - Oct 31 with 2163 viewsBlackCrowe

Made In Japan...now there's an album.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024