Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Lennon What a to$$er 08:07 - Nov 1 with 6769 viewsenfieldargh

Watched the 2nd half of the Edinburgh derby which got quite heated with niggley tackles flying in then a Red card for a Hibs player melee.

The Hearts keeper then got punched(I think) or hit by something when he went to retrieve the ball from beside the goal where the Hibs fans were. He goes down but looks like he had a reason to.

Lennon has been boisterous for much of the game but with the sending off he calms down as he takes his managerial role seriously for a minute

Last few minutes Hearts have a goal disallowed for off side the camera pans to Lennon who starts waving his arms in a patronising sit down and laughing up at the Hearts main stand. He does this for about 20 seconds or so.

Camera pans away then shoots back to the Hibs dugout where Lennon is lying in a heap surrounded by his bench.

He eventually gets up and looks a bit sheepish holding the side of his face; if he had been hit by something thrown from the crowd then there would have been a mark or some sorts or blood given the height of the stand. Anyways hope he gets done for inciting a riot the horrid little oik that he is

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 08:09 - Nov 1 with 5379 viewsGroveR

Like Gascoigne did?
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 08:09 - Nov 1 with 5378 viewsenfieldargh

would have saved my keyboard

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 08:50 - Nov 1 with 5268 viewsKonk

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335028-Behaviour-of-Fans

I've been at Edinburgh derbies with masses of people absolutely off their faces for 12pm kick-offs, so I can only imagine the state of folk for evening games. You get plenty of edge, which I'm generally fine with, but some of the songs, people lobbing coins, bottles, seats etc is completely out of order.

As for Lennon - bit of a Warnock character and he does have history with the Hearts support.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 10:31 - Nov 1 with 5056 views00calben

Lennon is a complete wrong'un. He was goading fans just like he used to do as Celtic manager in Old Firm games. Now I'm all for players being able to give a bit back when they've been receiving it all game, but this man incites trouble. And as the manager surely he's got to rise above it like every other manager does in hostile games.

What sort of an example does it set to your players as well, surely he would have been telling them all week to block out the atmosphere and just play the game. And celebrating a disallowed goal for the other team like that, it was frankly embarrassing. This man is the manager!

The coin hits his jacket in the chest/midrift area. He went down clutching his face and receiving treatment to his face...Absolutely embarrassing from him again! Will be interesting when someone dives against his team during the season and he bemoans play-acting etc - how can anyone take this man seriously?!?

Having said that, the coin-thrower needs banning and prosecuted. Lennon is looking to incite trouble but don't give it to him! The idiot that threw it probably doesn't even realise the fact it cost him team about 5 minutes towards the end of the game where they needed a goal against 10 men
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 10:43 - Nov 1 with 5023 viewsDavieQPR

At Celtic there is a phone link from the Dugout to the Stands because Lennon was banned from the touchline so often.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:11 - Nov 1 with 4969 viewsNorthernr

Man who incited crowd complains when crowd becomes incited.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:15 - Nov 1 with 4949 viewsKonk

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:11 - Nov 1 by Northernr

Lennon gets absolute pelters at Tynecastle. Are people so fragile that they can’t get some back without fuzzing coins at people? I’m always embarrassed for folk demanding police arrest a player for incitement when a player takes the pis s after getting unbelievable abuse all game.

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:18 - Nov 1 with 4946 viewsSuperhoop83

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:11 - Nov 1 by Northernr

...and throws a coin which hits him on the shoulder of his padded jacket.

Lennon's fall was nearly as pathetic as this one, which surely will never be beaten:

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:21 - Nov 1 with 4931 viewsNorthernr

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:15 - Nov 1 by Konk

Lennon gets absolute pelters at Tynecastle. Are people so fragile that they can’t get some back without fuzzing coins at people? I’m always embarrassed for folk demanding police arrest a player for incitement when a player takes the pis s after getting unbelievable abuse all game.

Yeh I agree and have said the same on here in other circumstances - QPR fans abusing Holloway all the way through the Brentford game last season then up in arms when he gives a bit back in the Sky interview afterwards. Football fans can be very precious and self righteous sometimes.

But you've got to be realistic, standing there in a Hearts Hibs derby game in the last minute after a disallowed goal and doing that what exactly did he expect to happen?
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:25 - Nov 1 with 4923 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I won't say that he deserved it or he asked for it, as that excuses or legitimises violence. But, My God, what did he think would happen?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 4909 viewsKonk

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:21 - Nov 1 by Northernr

Yeh I agree and have said the same on here in other circumstances - QPR fans abusing Holloway all the way through the Brentford game last season then up in arms when he gives a bit back in the Sky interview afterwards. Football fans can be very precious and self righteous sometimes.

But you've got to be realistic, standing there in a Hearts Hibs derby game in the last minute after a disallowed goal and doing that what exactly did he expect to happen?

Well, seeing as he’s been attacked in the Technical area at Tynecastle before, he was probably expecting a Jambo scruff to run on the pitch and try and lamp him again. We’ve had Lampard and Terry giving it right in front of us at the Bridge and although I’ve been screaming abuse at them, it’s never crossed my mind to lob a coin at either of them.

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 12:06 - Nov 1 with 4843 viewstimcocking

I was in a pub in Leicester years back and there were a few of the Leicester players present. I remember the only two i particularly noticed were Lenno and Savage, who were both acting like pr!cks.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 12:13 - Nov 1 with 4831 views00calben

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:38 - Nov 1 by Konk

Well, seeing as he’s been attacked in the Technical area at Tynecastle before, he was probably expecting a Jambo scruff to run on the pitch and try and lamp him again. We’ve had Lampard and Terry giving it right in front of us at the Bridge and although I’ve been screaming abuse at them, it’s never crossed my mind to lob a coin at either of them.

Konk, completely agree agree about the supporter who threw a coin but surely you can see that Lennon was inciting trouble. I'm not saying he deserved a coin thrown at him because that could cause damage (it didn't, fortunately it hit his chest despite his embarrassing hysterics) however clearly he could foresee his actions were to cause trouble

Keeping the example of Terry/Lampard, they simply would not incite trouble the way Lennon does (regularly it has to be said). And AV/Derby v QPR is far tamer than it is in Edinburgh and OF derbies - Lennon knew exactly what he was doing
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 12:30 - Nov 1 with 4786 viewspaulparker

Got what he deserved the odious little Sh1t
Lennon is a real piece of work just ask his mistresses and wives

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 13:12 - Nov 1 with 4715 viewsSuperhoop83

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:38 - Nov 1 by Konk

Too late now!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 13:13]

Suffering since 1978.

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 14:00 - Nov 1 with 4630 viewsSimonJames

Throwing coins at people from a crowd is COWARDLY.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 16:40 - Nov 1 with 4464 viewspaulparker

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 14:00 - Nov 1 by SimonJames

Throwing coins at people from a crowd is COWARDLY.

Not as cowardly as threatening to stab a woman

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 18:20 - Nov 1 with 4350 viewsCiderwithRsie

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 12:06 - Nov 1 by timcocking

I was in a pub in Leicester years back and there were a few of the Leicester players present. I remember the only two i particularly noticed were Lenno and Savage, who were both acting like pr!cks.

Shocked I am, shocked, how entirely out of character from both of them.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 18:25 - Nov 1 with 4339 viewsCiderwithRsie

Anyway, apart from Karl who has an excuse, who cares eh?

What with the October we've had, the Warren Farm news, and England being half decent I am filled with a golden glow of well being and view Jambos and Hibees with patronising pity for not having a proper team to support (apart from Karl etc and so forth.)
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 19:17 - Nov 1 with 4266 viewsWatford_Ranger

I like Lennon. Hearts fans happy to give it but one idiot couldn’t take it.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 19:22 - Nov 1 with 4251 viewsSimonJames

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 16:40 - Nov 1 by paulparker

Not as cowardly as threatening to stab a woman

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/

That's definitely very bad, but it doesn't make coin throwing in any way acceptable.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 00:48 - Nov 2 with 4045 viewskomradkirk

Lennon is the biggest victim the world has ever had to endure.
His is a never-ending story.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:08 - Nov 2 with 3919 viewsbob566

according to his agent he was sectarily abused for the best part of 90 mins and he reacted that way. If true who can blame him. Would you accept in this day and age calling darnell furlong a n****r for 90 mins. Of course not. But Lennon gets abuse over his religion and nationality non stop. This arcticle puts it in a different light. Interesting read.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/neil-lennon-is-subjected-to-vile-abuse-b
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:10 - Nov 2 with 3916 viewsbob566

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:08 - Nov 2 by bob566

according to his agent he was sectarily abused for the best part of 90 mins and he reacted that way. If true who can blame him. Would you accept in this day and age calling darnell furlong a n****r for 90 mins. Of course not. But Lennon gets abuse over his religion and nationality non stop. This arcticle puts it in a different light. Interesting read.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/neil-lennon-is-subjected-to-vile-abuse-b

and that goes for the celtic tosspots venting their anti british stuff too.
Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 14:39 - Nov 2 with 3815 viewstoboboly

Neil Lennon What a to$$er on 11:08 - Nov 2 by bob566

It isn't racist though. Unless someone changed the meaning of the word when I went for lunch. Being anti-Catholic is called, funnily enough anti-Catholic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Catholicism

And I don't think you can be racist to a particular country, that would be Xenophobia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia

Not condoning either but the overuse of the word racism fizzes my piss.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024