Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's game 20:03 - Nov 3 with 5754 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/

I think the rule, as I remember it, is that if you tackle and get the ball cleanly it's a tackle. Brilliant tackle by Scowen. Clearly takes the ball. No idea at all how the ref sees that as a penalty. If the lino is on that side, no idea if he was, that should have been overturned. Dreadful decision, but we all see them given.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today's game on 20:33 - Nov 3 with 5059 viewsthemodfather

if thats a penalty, the game is done for! their guy falls and note his mates celebrating it!
Today's game on 20:34 - Nov 3 with 5057 viewskensalriser

Scowen gets the ball but trips his opponent.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Today's game on 20:53 - Nov 3 with 4987 viewsbosh67

Today's game on 20:34 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

He gets the ball cleanly first. That's called a tackle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today's game on 21:09 - Nov 3 with 4947 viewsDejR_vu

Today's game on 20:53 - Nov 3 by bosh67

He gets the ball cleanly first. That's called a tackle.

Unless football has officially been designated a contact-free sport that’s never a penalty in a million years. Scowen takes the ball cleanly and the Blackburn player’s trailing leg touches Scowen’s. The ball’s long gone by that point. Shocking decision.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Today's game on 22:10 - Nov 3 with 4753 viewsLythamR

Original impression from the other end of the ground was that it was a really soft Pen . clearly the highlights show it was no pen at all

overall it was a drab game with little cutting edge from either side, we probably didnt deserve more than a draw but we did deserver a draw which would have been a decent result

At least we were on the top tier today so when it inevitably pissed it down as it nearly always does there we didnt get wet like we normally do

thats some dort of progress at least!
Today's game on 22:16 - Nov 3 with 4740 viewsQPR_John

Today's game on 20:34 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

If that is a penalty then the game is finished. How can you tackle somebody without there being contact.
Today's game on 23:31 - Nov 3 with 4585 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Looks like a very very soft penalty.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Today's game on 00:15 - Nov 4 with 4484 viewsAntti_Heinola

never a pen. Scowen never even thinks it might be a pen. poor decision, but it happens.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Today's game on 00:20 - Nov 4 with 4463 viewsqprd

Clearly not a pen but sadly when you go to ground, you give the official the discretion to make a decision

Probably not necessary to go down with lynch providing cover

Says a lot about the match that they could only generate 33 seconds of highlights
Today's game on 09:02 - Nov 4 with 4149 viewsJamesB1979

Soft penalty but why after 88 minutes of hard work from the team when you’re so close to a hard earned away point, does he see the need to go sliding in like that in the box whith Lynch covering. It’s just plain stupid.
Today's game on 09:14 - Nov 4 with 4113 viewsCiderwithRsie

Today's game on 09:02 - Nov 4 by JamesB1979

Soft penalty but why after 88 minutes of hard work from the team when you’re so close to a hard earned away point, does he see the need to go sliding in like that in the box whith Lynch covering. It’s just plain stupid.

This.

Can live with it so long as he learns from it.
Today's game on 09:51 - Nov 4 with 4023 viewsstevec

Crazy tackle. Those sort of challenges whether legit or not result in penalties time and again. I like Scowen but he needs to play with a smarter head.
Today's game on 11:18 - Nov 4 with 3892 viewsdavman

Never a pen, a fair tackle.

However, if you want to ask why he felt he needed to make the tackle, its because he didn't want the team to lose. If it had been the first minute, a bad choice, but in the 87th minute, maybe he was knackered both in body and mind?

Disgraceful decision.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Today's game on 11:51 - Nov 4 with 3845 viewsJamesB1979

Today's game on 11:18 - Nov 4 by davman

Never a pen, a fair tackle.

However, if you want to ask why he felt he needed to make the tackle, its because he didn't want the team to lose. If it had been the first minute, a bad choice, but in the 87th minute, maybe he was knackered both in body and mind?

Disgraceful decision.

Sorry I actually hit the down button on your post, not intentional!
Today's game on 11:53 - Nov 4 with 3841 viewsJamesB1979

I don’t think he needed to make the tackle, wide edge of penalty area, numbers in box and Lynch coming across. The chap wasn’t about to shoot or on a one on one with the goalie. Run with him, try to hold him off but don’t give the referee a decision to make in the 88th minute.
Today's game on 12:16 - Nov 4 with 3795 viewsWatford_Ranger

Today's game on 11:53 - Nov 4 by JamesB1979

I don’t think he needed to make the tackle, wide edge of penalty area, numbers in box and Lynch coming across. The chap wasn’t about to shoot or on a one on one with the goalie. Run with him, try to hold him off but don’t give the referee a decision to make in the 88th minute.

My uneducated point of view is it’s the attacker giving the ref a decision to make by flopping over under little contact and no illegal contact.

All risk and no reward for Scowen. All reward and no risk for the winger. Linesman’s better positioned and isn’t moved. I really don’t see how a ref logically errs on the side of the forward there.
Today's game on 13:00 - Nov 4 with 3724 viewsPeterHucker

From down the other end of the ground it didn't look like a penalty. Seen the replay a few times and I think Scowen got the ball. But as soon as the tackle was made I knew the ref would give it as a pen because by that stage in the game he was blowing up for everything.
It was an annoying way to lose the game though because the home fans were putting pressure on the ref calling for everything (so much so that we had several bouts of ironic "handball" shouts). As the match went on the ref got increasingly fussy and was blowing his whistle for every little thing. He was also getting more and more card happy. It became quite a niggly game.
The Blackburn players, and particularly Donald Dack, were in the ref's ear from the 1st minute telling him what decisions to make. Our players (Wszolek, Lynch particularly) then started doing that too and were moaning to the officials about every decision.

It was a frustrating game to lose because we defended very very well. The BFG was our best player I think but Bidwell also had a good game.
If we are going to use this tactic of soaking up pressure and catching them on the break, then we've got players who are well suited to that. Luongo, Scowen, Wszolek harrying players when they're on the ball and forcing them to play poor passes.

But then when we did get a chance to break we often didn't commit enough men forward. Several times Eze or Wells got the ball and was ready to go forward but there was nobody else near them. And when we did get a few more forward our passing wasn't incisive enough. It was a wet pictch and we overhit a lot of our passes. A couple of times in the 2nd half Freeman got on the ball and looked like he might cause them some trouble but overall he had a very quiet game

In short all of our defensive players had a good game, all of the attacking ones had a bit of an off day. Maybe that says something about Blackburn defending effectively as well?

If we'd got the 0-0 draw that we deserved to get, then I think we'd have said good result and I'm still confident we'll win next weekend.
Today's game on 13:34 - Nov 4 with 3664 viewsRangersDave

no way on earth that was a penalty., the ball was played, there was a gap as the ball cleared any possibility fo the attacker getting the ball, and then he went down.

the ref was a curates egg to be honest.

They fell over at every opportunity, and one was such a blatant dive the ref just carried on, now in my book, i thought that was a card offence?

i thinka draw might have been fair but felt we had the chance, although sky didnt show it, when we hit the bar/upright angle. but our forward line was quite innefective and their defence quite well marshalled, but......they knew how to hold a player on the refs blind side and did it, they knew how to fall over and did it, and in the end, they knew how to con the ref.

not sure why ref's put up with players in their faces moaning all day long, but the game might have been better with a different / stronger referee.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Today's game on 15:51 - Nov 4 with 3528 viewsPinnerPaul

Its a pen - look at it from the side on view, Josh doesn't even touch the ball, clips the Blackburn player's heel.
Today's game on 17:49 - Nov 4 with 3401 viewsderbyhoop

It looked a penalty to me. Scowen clipped his heel, Unnecessary challenge that cost us a point.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Today's game on 18:03 - Nov 4 with 3375 viewsRangersDave

Ball was clearly played first, clip second as the ball was clearly going away from the goal.
Even the clip is interesting in slow motion.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Today's game on 20:23 - Nov 4 with 3264 viewsWestonsuperR

Today's game on 18:03 - Nov 4 by RangersDave

Ball was clearly played first, clip second as the ball was clearly going away from the goal.
Even the clip is interesting in slow motion.

Definite pen for me, Scowen loses his balance goes down and catches him, I’d go as far as to say fairly blatant. Crazy decision to make a challenge like that in that area of the pitch especially with only 3 mins to go.
Today's game on 10:10 - Nov 5 with 3049 viewsPinnerPaul

Just a note on the non involvement of the 'lino' - and this applies to all incidents not just this one.

Standard instructions from referees are as follows

"3 things will happen if there is a suspected foul challenge in the penalty area. 1 - I will give it,no action required from you. 2 - I will 'cut the grass' and/or shout no pen - again no action required from you. 3 - I am not sure and /or not in a good position and then I will ask you"

So its a bit of a myth that the AR should be giving penalty decisions - as you can see from the above, most of the time he is told not to get involved.
Today's game on 10:23 - Nov 5 with 3039 viewsMick_S

Today's game on 15:51 - Nov 4 by PinnerPaul

Its a pen - look at it from the side on view, Josh doesn't even touch the ball, clips the Blackburn player's heel.

Paul - my view is that he played the ball and then contact was made. If so, is it still deemed a penalty?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Today's game on 15:37 - Nov 5 with 2965 viewsPinnerPaul

Today's game on 10:23 - Nov 5 by Mick_S

Paul - my view is that he played the ball and then contact was made. If so, is it still deemed a penalty?

Mick, you're probably not going to like this but its not a cop out honest!

1) This example - from the first angle (behind) it DOES look like that, but from the side angle, its clear (to me at least!) that he doesn't touch the ball

2) On that general point, it does depend on the challenge. It is 'illegal' to kick or trip an opponent in a 'careless or reckless' manner, In the LOTG it does not say its ok to do that as long as you get a touch on the ball first!

However it has become custom and practice to allow some 'careless' challenges if the ball is played first - it really does depend on the challenge and the ref on the day.

In summary, its not correct, IN LAW, to say that any touch on the ball first makes any challenge a fair one.

Hope that helps!

Cheers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024