Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Moore 11:52 - Nov 5 with 2058 viewsbeanofire1

A shining example of how this country builds public figures up, only to then knock them down. It's so English.

What happened to England's only to date World Cup winning captain, was a travesty . Football as a whole should be ashamed how he was rejected.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Bobby Moore on 12:01 - Nov 5 with 2026 viewsmakaveli1882

You was watching Bbc 2 last night then, great programme.
Bobby Moore on 12:08 - Nov 5 with 2006 viewsNov77

Bobby had one thing today's generation of players don't have, humility.
he didn't go around shouting about his achievements or boasting, or like Beckham, throwing a tantrum because he didn't get a knighthood, (though unlike Beckham, he deserved one).

think of Geoff hurst too, the only man to ever score a hat trick in a World Cup final. another one who carries himself modestly, must get asked the same question every day but always answers as if it was the first time any one had asked him.

different generation, different values.

Class.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Bobby Moore on 12:12 - Nov 5 with 1997 viewsPhildo

Amazing the way a world cup winning captain was ignored but different times. I asked about after watching the film about him including a retired copper I knew who told me Bobby had more than a touch of the Harold Redknapps about him so was given a wide berth.
Bobby Moore on 13:15 - Nov 5 with 1870 viewsCamberleyR

As well as the winning captain, you could add the winning manager to that list. Alf Ramsey was also pretty shabbily treated by the FA and football in general after his sacking as England manager in 1974.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024