Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism 11:40 - Nov 8 with 1669 viewsDannyPaddox

1968: Rs first win in the top flight at the 13th attempt.
Div 1 Ipswich (H) 2-1 Bridges Morgan R / Keetch (o.g)
Att: 17994

Manuel Göttsching E2-E4: Hour long track from 1981. Grandaddy of all house and electro.
Sleeve apparently based on a pun involving a chess move and a guitar tuning. Yeah right! This has got QPR/ Ron Phillips all over it. Enjoy ...

[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 11:41]
Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 12:31 - Nov 8 with 1595 viewsR_from_afar

Great stuff, thanks for posting

Manuel supposedly composed the track to give himself something to listen to on a long flight. Musicians, eh?

I have it on CD, along with a few of his other albums, and I do find it goes on a bit. Mind you, if it was created for a loooong flight...

I prefer "Live in Japan" and "Inventions for electric guitar," the whole of which was created on guitars, with no other instruments used. "Echo Waves" from "Live in Japan" (see below) is lengthy but builds to a stonking conclusion featuring an acid-fried guitar solo. "Pluralis" from "Inventions for electric guitar" is a masterpiece, full of dynamics, building to a crescendo and then drifting off into a chilled but shimmering, mesmerising conclusion. If you like that sort of music, you won't want it to end.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 15:39 - Nov 8 with 1504 viewskensalriser

Genius.

Gottsching played in Hackney a few years ago. Sadly, it was not good and he pointedly didn't play anything remotely close to E2-E4. Mate, that's literally the only tune of yours that almost anyone's ever heard of.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 17:30 - Nov 8 with 1416 viewsHantsR

Didn't know anything about Manuel Göttsching before this - but I was at that game v Ipswich for our first win (only one of 4 that season!)
Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 22:53 - Nov 8 with 1321 viewsDannyPaddox

HantsR - that must've been some relief to finally get the win that night. I believe there was a win the following Saturday against Sheff Weds. We must have thought we'd turned a corner. Although this was all before my time I probably know more about that season than the instantly forgettable turgid Redknapp nonsense of recent.

Cheers RFA I'm digging the loopy guitar delay stuff - reminds me of Glass, Reich, Fripp & Eno and the like all of which float my boat. At present I'm rounding up long pieces of music as after a lengthy lay off I'm back running again (initially on a treadmill). That Pluralis track will be on the iPod pronto.

Next week I'll be running 25 minutes for the first time in over a year and I've got this endorphin enhancer lined up to get me through it.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 23:26]
Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 23:59 - Nov 8 with 1286 viewsHantsR

Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 22:53 - Nov 8 by DannyPaddox

HantsR - that must've been some relief to finally get the win that night. I believe there was a win the following Saturday against Sheff Weds. We must have thought we'd turned a corner. Although this was all before my time I probably know more about that season than the instantly forgettable turgid Redknapp nonsense of recent.

Cheers RFA I'm digging the loopy guitar delay stuff - reminds me of Glass, Reich, Fripp & Eno and the like all of which float my boat. At present I'm rounding up long pieces of music as after a lengthy lay off I'm back running again (initially on a treadmill). That Pluralis track will be on the iPod pronto.

Next week I'll be running 25 minutes for the first time in over a year and I've got this endorphin enhancer lined up to get me through it.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 23:26]

Yes I was at that Sheffield Wednesday game as well - as I recall, we only just scraped it 3-2 after appearing to be on top. Still I suppose I was privileged to have seen Best Law and Charlton at LR shortly after that ...
Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 06:22 - Nov 9 with 1227 viewsOutWestR

Without which there wouldn’t have been this ...
Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 10:49 - Nov 9 with 1178 viewsDannyPaddox

Pioneering top flight QPR minimalism on 06:22 - Nov 9 by OutWestR

Without which there wouldn’t have been this ...

Ah ... just add Loon (sample)

Unplugged version ...

I would've started dancing on the boat. Pavlov's dog style.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 11:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024