Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL VAR 14:57 - Nov 15 with 2588 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46224473

Absolutely no chance of any more errors, debates or dissent about decisions now
PL VAR on 15:18 - Nov 15 with 2563 viewsMick_S

Parklife.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

PL VAR on 16:27 - Nov 15 with 2495 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Doest that mean we can be rid of all these "pundits" evaluating ery discision. F***ING chancers
PL VAR on 16:30 - Nov 15 with 2487 viewsrobith

Time to stack my fantasy team with penalty takers
PL VAR on 16:31 - Nov 15 with 2484 viewsEsox_Lucius

PL VAR on 16:27 - Nov 15 by dodge_stoke_r

Doest that mean we can be rid of all these "pundits" evaluating ery discision. F***ING chancers

What the pundit says "Oh, I think VAR might have got that one wrong".
What they mean "I better say something a bit controversial or I'll be out of a job"
© "He should've put his laces through that"

The grass is always greener.

PL VAR on 16:31 - Nov 15 with 2483 viewsdaveB

If they stick to the 4 main reasons to go to VAR it will work well and cut down on mistakes.
You'll never get rid of all of them.

The main problem has been the refs interpretation of it, being a video ref is a very different skill set to being an on field ref. Thats where they went wrong in England when they trialed it last season

They should also bring in a straight yellow card for anyone who makes the VAR tv sign to a ref,
PL VAR on 17:16 - Nov 15 with 2449 viewsJuzzie

If it means more minutes of highlights then I'm all for it.
PL VAR on 23:14 - Nov 15 with 2336 viewsdigswellhoop

NO PLEASE NO VAR NOT NEEDED
IF YOU HAVE IT NO NEED FOR REFS OR LINESMAN
TAKE TECH OUT OF THE GAME
PL VAR on 13:35 - Nov 16 with 2259 viewsJuzzie

PL VAR on 23:14 - Nov 15 by digswellhoop

NO PLEASE NO VAR NOT NEEDED
IF YOU HAVE IT NO NEED FOR REFS OR LINESMAN
TAKE TECH OUT OF THE GAME

It won't do away with ref's or linesmen because they'll still need to run the game.

VAR is fundamentally there for the crucial, big things such as is a goal offside, is the ball over the line etc. It's not there for deciding who takes a throw in or a foul in the centre circle.

Take Lampard's goal v Germany, well over the line and not given. Shaun Derry's sending off at Old Trafford when it was neither a foul and Young was offside. The list is endless.

I don't think all mistakes will be cut-out altogether but it should cut down on a big chunk of the crucial ones like the two examples above, oh, and possibly was it a penalty v Blackburn the other week.

[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 13:47]
Login to get fewer ads

PL VAR on 15:12 - Nov 16 with 2203 viewsPinnerPaul

PL VAR on 13:35 - Nov 16 by Juzzie

It won't do away with ref's or linesmen because they'll still need to run the game.

VAR is fundamentally there for the crucial, big things such as is a goal offside, is the ball over the line etc. It's not there for deciding who takes a throw in or a foul in the centre circle.

Take Lampard's goal v Germany, well over the line and not given. Shaun Derry's sending off at Old Trafford when it was neither a foul and Young was offside. The list is endless.

I don't think all mistakes will be cut-out altogether but it should cut down on a big chunk of the crucial ones like the two examples above, oh, and possibly was it a penalty v Blackburn the other week.

[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 13:47]

You were being quite sensible until that last line.

That's where I have a big problem with VAR.

In my view it was a clear penalty, but surely no one could argue that was a serious error so due for a review.

However, what will happen is that those sort of decisions WILL be regularly reviewed, leading to too many delays IMHO.

Also, this isn't directed at you, but too many are chasing the holy grail of a no mistake game - look at the World Cup Final 'handball' - its still a human VAR & therefore will make mistakes like the on field one.
PL VAR on 15:26 - Nov 16 with 2186 viewsqprxtc

It's a right PaLaVAR.
PL VAR on 15:48 - Nov 16 with 2162 viewsToast_R

I thought it was brilliant in the World Cup and can't wait for it.
It means we get far more correct decisions which can only be good, it doesn't t delay the match as much as people think. I must ask though, it's bound to filter down through the divisions eventually so where would the VAR room be at LR is there a spare broom cupboard somewhere?
PL VAR on 15:54 - Nov 16 with 2158 viewsCammington

I think it proved at the knockout stages of the World Cup, after all the sh*t refs were cut and the good ones were left, it worked pretty well. That's my main worry in this, that the weaker refs will start panicking and use it for things they're not meant to.
PL VAR on 16:15 - Nov 16 with 2147 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’d reluctantly accept it for anything indisputable like an offside or whether a foul was in/out of the box. Still think the negatives outweigh the positives for debatable penalty calls and if that stuff is included the refs should watch in real time. Every ‘foul’ looks worse in slo-mo.
PL VAR on 18:06 - Nov 16 with 2080 viewsPinnerPaul

PL VAR on 15:48 - Nov 16 by Toast_R

I thought it was brilliant in the World Cup and can't wait for it.
It means we get far more correct decisions which can only be good, it doesn't t delay the match as much as people think. I must ask though, it's bound to filter down through the divisions eventually so where would the VAR room be at LR is there a spare broom cupboard somewhere?

The VAR room is at Stockley Park!
PL VAR on 14:30 - Nov 17 with 1978 viewsJAPRANGERS

Sorry if I missed it, but what about the Championship. Is it coming to us anytime soon??
PL VAR on 18:48 - Nov 17 with 1903 viewsdistortR

lets hope it doesn't end up rugby and 'lets go back 2 minutes to see if there's any reason to disallow the goal'.
PL VAR on 19:35 - Nov 17 with 1884 viewsStanisgod

I prefer VPL myself

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

PL VAR on 19:46 - Nov 17 with 1872 viewspaulparker

Que loads of diving and the likes of pep doing the tv screen motion

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

PL VAR on 20:30 - Nov 17 with 1857 viewsrrrspricey

Not a chance, pundits will just evaluate var decisions rather than those of the officials
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024