Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? 18:02 - Nov 15 with 18432 viewsGloryHunter

Gove has been playing a canny long game. If I were a betting man I'd say he was worth a tenner at 10/1. (Actually Corbyn is favourite at 5/1, but surely if May was dumped by the Tories, they'd have to elect a new leader, who would become PM temporarily until Labour could form a coalition, or until a general election?)
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:12]
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 20:50 - Dec 7 with 1895 viewsBklynRanger

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 19:57 - Dec 7 by Sharpy36

The DUP will only be voting down the WA unless May pulls something out of the bag at the 11th hour that gets them and the other tory rebels on side, which imo is what will happen, then we can forget about any leadership challenge for now.
If that`s not the case and indeed a challenge is mounted i would`nt rule out Liam fox, might be worth a punt.

She'd have to drastically change the agreement for that to happen though mate. As long as the concept of difference between Britain and NI exists there's no chance at all they'll go along with it.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 21:16 - Dec 7 with 1868 viewsSharpy36

Hello mate. She would indeed but one thing she craves more than anything is power. That`s why i believe something will change in the coming days. If you listen to MP`s on both sides of the argument they both will tell you that the backstop is not only unpopular here the EU don`t want it either. So it begs the question, why is it even in the WA ? For me that`s the wiggle room that both sides have for getting the agreement through. I hope so, because i think we can all agree it`s starting to get boring now.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:59 - Dec 7 with 1806 viewsGloryHunter

So why are the odds still:
4/1 Corbyn
10/1 Gove, Johnson, Raab, Javid ?

The bookies don't tend to get things wrong - or at least not THAT wrong.

Those odds indicate that a replacement Tory leader has less than half the chance of being next Prime Minister than Corbyn does.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:06 - Dec 7 with 1798 viewscolinallcars

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:59 - Dec 7 by GloryHunter

So why are the odds still:
4/1 Corbyn
10/1 Gove, Johnson, Raab, Javid ?

The bookies don't tend to get things wrong - or at least not THAT wrong.

Those odds indicate that a replacement Tory leader has less than half the chance of being next Prime Minister than Corbyn does.

Well, the bookies can say what they like, but in the event of an election, the media have plenty of scope for scare stories which would frighten the electorate about Corbyn and his party. They are easy targets. I even think the Libdems could regain a lot of ground, obviously not enough to take power, but to weaken the showing of both main parties.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:15 - Dec 7 with 1793 viewsGloryHunter

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:06 - Dec 7 by colinallcars

Well, the bookies can say what they like, but in the event of an election, the media have plenty of scope for scare stories which would frighten the electorate about Corbyn and his party. They are easy targets. I even think the Libdems could regain a lot of ground, obviously not enough to take power, but to weaken the showing of both main parties.

Good points Colin, but (a) very few people read newspapers any more, and (b) Corbyn could be invited to form a government without there being a need for a general election. I wonder if this is what the bookies might be calculating on. I just wish there was a bookmaker on here who could explain the rationale behind these odds, which have been roughly consistent ever since I started this thread.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:30 - Dec 7 with 1781 viewsFDC

Seems to me a lot of people are making all the same assumptions they made at the last election, discounting the polls that don't agree with the talking heads, and ignoring the fact that life is fcking brutal at the moment and a lot of people (a majority) who don't have a voice that cuts through to prime time news are up for a change (see also Brexit). Corbyn is obviously going to form the next government. If you can't see that give your head a wobble.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:49 - Dec 7 with 1762 viewsSharpy36

Have to disagree FDC. The DUP will soon fall back into line so imo Corbyn wont be forming any government anytime soon. One thing is for certain there`s a lot of disgruntled voters out there that have been let down by both the red and blue on both sides of the Brexit debate. It wouldn`t surprise me if some form of new political party rose from the mess we find ourselves in at this crossroads.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 00:14 - Dec 8 with 1746 viewskensalriser

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:15 - Dec 7 by GloryHunter

Good points Colin, but (a) very few people read newspapers any more, and (b) Corbyn could be invited to form a government without there being a need for a general election. I wonder if this is what the bookies might be calculating on. I just wish there was a bookmaker on here who could explain the rationale behind these odds, which have been roughly consistent ever since I started this thread.

I think the thing you're missing is that Corbyn is already the Labour leader while the next Tory leader is unknown, so the odds on that side of the equation are split.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 04:32 - Dec 8 with 1696 viewstimcocking

What a complete mess the whole thing is. Devolution in action.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 09:24 - Dec 8 with 1666 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:49 - Dec 7 by Sharpy36

Have to disagree FDC. The DUP will soon fall back into line so imo Corbyn wont be forming any government anytime soon. One thing is for certain there`s a lot of disgruntled voters out there that have been let down by both the red and blue on both sides of the Brexit debate. It wouldn`t surprise me if some form of new political party rose from the mess we find ourselves in at this crossroads.

Depend on your definition of soon.

At the very latest it’ll be 2022 (only three years away).
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:48 - Dec 11 with 1521 viewsGloryHunter

Next Prime Minister - Oddschecker best odds:
Corbyn 4/1
Johnson 13/2
Raab 8/1
Javid 10/1
Gove, Hunt 12/1
The field 25/1 and up
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 08:36 - Dec 13 with 1388 viewsBlackCrowe

Brandon Lewis (Con MP, Gt Yarmouth) just on LBC. Nick Ferrari asked him words to the effect of 'is your suit Chelsea blue'. "No way!! - QPR blue" was his answer. Give him the job.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:36 - Jan 15 with 1178 viewsGloryHunter

Corbyn 9/2
Johnson 7/1
Javid 8/1
Gove, Hunt, Raab, Liddington (who?) 12/1
Rees-Mogg 20/1
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 1086 viewsTearsofrage

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 07:50 - Nov 16 by welwynranger

LOL . Very good

Prefer "Slithy Tove"
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 13:33 - Jan 16 with 1044 viewsNorthernr

we definitely don't need three threads on this fcking sht show.

Use this one please.

Our country is fckd match thread by BlackCrowe 15 Jan 2019 20:04
On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024