Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL Question 22:46 - Nov 16 with 12067 viewsLatticeR

I know alot of LFW regulars are big NFL Fans, so my question is would you rate Aaron Rodgers as the Number 1 QB especially as is he leading team that without him could be 0-10 for the season so far.
NFL Question on 22:49 - Nov 16 with 7347 viewsVancouverHoop

Based mainly on overheard conversations at the gym, the consensus seems to be about 50/50 between him and Brady.
NFL Question on 23:00 - Nov 16 with 7334 viewsLatticeR

NFL Question on 22:49 - Nov 16 by VancouverHoop

Based mainly on overheard conversations at the gym, the consensus seems to be about 50/50 between him and Brady.

Thanks for the reply ...I look at Rodgers though and wonder how frustrated he must be when his team are continually giving away games in winning positions late in 4th quarter on away/road games.

Love Vancouver, spent a wonderful few days there when visiting Family in Edmonton.I walked all around Stanley Park and the Bay....the blisters still hurt till this day.

Also...its where England and Carlisle/Newcastle Legend Peter Beardsley served his ' apprenticeship,
NFL Question on 23:02 - Nov 16 with 7328 viewsE17hoop

Patrick Mahomes at the Chiefs - most yards, most yards per game, most TDs.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

NFL Question on 23:10 - Nov 16 with 7319 viewsLatticeR

NFL Question on 23:02 - Nov 16 by E17hoop

That Guy is on fire and will be a real candidate for MVP this season, especially for a Rookie.To be fair with New QB's at the the Browns, Jets, Bears amongst others this season could be a defining one of change for the NFL.However when you consider the players that surround Rodgers in the Packers is he the ' Les Ferdinand' equivalent of the QPR team from the early 90's
NFL Question on 23:12 - Nov 16 with 7317 viewsVancouverHoop

NFL Question on 23:00 - Nov 16 by LatticeR

Thanks for the reply ...I look at Rodgers though and wonder how frustrated he must be when his team are continually giving away games in winning positions late in 4th quarter on away/road games.

Love Vancouver, spent a wonderful few days there when visiting Family in Edmonton.I walked all around Stanley Park and the Bay....the blisters still hurt till this day.

Also...its where England and Carlisle/Newcastle Legend Peter Beardsley served his ' apprenticeship,

He did indeed, and I had the pleasure of watching him and the, then unknown, Bruce Grobelaar too. That was a heck of a team. They filled BC Place for a play-off game against Seattle in their championship year. 65,000, still stands as the largest attendance for a sporting event in the city.

As to quarterbacks. Mahomes is having a heck of a year but it's partly a question of longevity in the NHL, Brady and Rodgers have been consistently excellent for a long time while a number of their, once equally rated, contemporaries have fallen by the wayside.
NFL Question on 23:13 - Nov 16 with 7309 viewsBoston

Next legend .....

..and in five years time he'll likely be challenged by

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

NFL Question on 00:10 - Nov 17 with 7260 viewsMrSheen

NFL Question on 23:13 - Nov 16 by Boston

Next legend .....

..and in five years time he'll likely be challenged by

Just got a blank. Is that Tua, Trevor or Minshew II?
NFL Question on 00:31 - Nov 17 with 7242 viewsBoston

NFL Question on 00:10 - Nov 17 by MrSheen

Trev, the Clemson upstart.

Login to get fewer ads

NFL Question on 00:47 - Nov 17 with 7236 viewsbob566

NFL Question on 23:02 - Nov 16 by E17hoop

This. I have rodgers in my fantasy but he gets sacked alot. Solid 20 pts every week but mahomes is smoking it. Goff is class too
NFL Question on 07:32 - Nov 17 with 7162 viewstimcocking

Without any doubt whatsoever, Rodgers is the number 1 quarterback. He is a level ahead of Tom Brady talent wise.

Tom Brady does certain simple things brilliantly and is a very good, consistent QB, playing in the best team, but nobody sensible would say he has the ability of Rodgers. Apart from some of the US TV sports pundits, the irritating fcukers that make a career out of being contrary. The Yanks, in true American style, don't grade you unless you win. So when you here them talking about the best QB ever, they'll talk Tom Brady or Joe Montana. That is absolute nonsense, though. Dan Marino was undoubtedly the best, just playing in a rubbish team.

It's a little like comparing Leo Messi with Miroslav Klose and saying the German is better because he did so well in the world cups.

Ps As for Patrick Mahomes, let's wait a bit longer i'd suggest. New QBs often have a disproportionately good start because nobody knows them yet. We'll see how he gets on next year. He's certainly ripping it up this year, but with Tyreek Hill, Conley, Kelce, Akeem Hunt, Sammy Watkins on the bench, i would be.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2018 8:30]
NFL Question on 07:52 - Nov 17 with 7140 viewsqpr1976

NFL Question on 07:32 - Nov 17 by timcocking

Without any doubt whatsoever, Rodgers is the number 1 quarterback. He is a level ahead of Tom Brady talent wise.

Tom Brady does certain simple things brilliantly and is a very good, consistent QB, playing in the best team, but nobody sensible would say he has the ability of Rodgers. Apart from some of the US TV sports pundits, the irritating fcukers that make a career out of being contrary. The Yanks, in true American style, don't grade you unless you win. So when you here them talking about the best QB ever, they'll talk Tom Brady or Joe Montana. That is absolute nonsense, though. Dan Marino was undoubtedly the best, just playing in a rubbish team.

It's a little like comparing Leo Messi with Miroslav Klose and saying the German is better because he did so well in the world cups.

Ps As for Patrick Mahomes, let's wait a bit longer i'd suggest. New QBs often have a disproportionately good start because nobody knows them yet. We'll see how he gets on next year. He's certainly ripping it up this year, but with Tyreek Hill, Conley, Kelce, Akeem Hunt, Sammy Watkins on the bench, i would be.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2018 8:30]

Marino was outstanding. Like QPR in ‘76, it’s a tragedy he never won a title.
The Marks brothers (Clayton & Duper) were great too which allowed MD to be one of the best passing teams at the time. But they had a poor running game which probably cost them a Superbowl. IMO
NFL Question on 08:13 - Nov 17 with 7127 viewstimcocking

NFL Question on 07:52 - Nov 17 by qpr1976

Marino was outstanding. Like QPR in ‘76, it’s a tragedy he never won a title.
The Marks brothers (Clayton & Duper) were great too which allowed MD to be one of the best passing teams at the time. But they had a poor running game which probably cost them a Superbowl. IMO

The Marks brothers :-) not heard that for a while.
NFL Question on 08:45 - Nov 17 with 7091 viewsthame_hoops

Drew Brees for me, Rodgers makes top 5, however Rodgers does seem to be given the constant benefit of the doubt after bad performances. It’s never his fault, it’s the Defence, it’s the OC, it’s the HC. Thursday nights loss was a prime example

And Brady is class but their SB wins have mostly been tainted and they play in such a bad division in the AFC east, 6 gimme games every season pretty much
NFL Question on 08:51 - Nov 17 with 7094 viewsSAR

Rodgers.

There's no surprise Brady gets put in the 'GOAT' category when he's won 5 superbowls, especially considering he was a 6th round pick. But I am in agreement with the term 'defences win championships' and for years the Patriots have had a very good team both offensively and defensively (excluding this year) whereas the packers have struggled on the other side of the ball at times.

But when you look at the big plays made by both, Rodgers is in a league of his own.
NFL Question on 10:23 - Nov 17 with 7040 viewsBoston

NFL Question on 08:13 - Nov 17 by timcocking

The Marks brothers :-) not heard that for a while.

That’s coz one was a bit of a grouch.

NFL Question on 11:49 - Nov 17 with 7004 viewsEsox_Lucius

I am going to go with Brady as even at the age of 41 he is still bringing something new to the team this season (with the help of the coaching staff) like the high speed hurry up offense at the start of games and using Julian Edelman as a Quarterback in trick plays. Once Sony Michel is back and Gronk is fully fit he will have some very good options again. Tom has done well with the injury list impacting his options and will only get better if the injury list disappears. Rodgers is a one man show, something that I don't think Tom could do in the same way but, maybe because he doesn't have #12's options, he looks more limited as a QB.
In line with others thinking on here, Patrick Mahomes is an absolute weapon and, along with Tyreek Hill, may even take the Chiefs to the Superbowl this season.
Baker Mayfield is another who I feel is destined for bigger things. Honourable mentions also to Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota and another favourite, because of family ties in NC, Cam Newton who is an absolute joy to watch when he is on it.
My all time favourite is John Elway as I have family in Co.

The grass is always greener.

NFL Question on 11:52 - Nov 17 with 7003 viewsEsox_Lucius

NFL Question on 00:31 - Nov 17 by Boston

Trev, the Clemson upstart.

Do you think Clemson will get past the Crimson Tide this season?

NFL Question on 12:48 - Nov 17 with 6982 viewsthame_hoops

NFL Question on 11:49 - Nov 17 by Esox_Lucius

I am going to go with Brady as even at the age of 41 he is still bringing something new to the team this season (with the help of the coaching staff) like the high speed hurry up offense at the start of games and using Julian Edelman as a Quarterback in trick plays. Once Sony Michel is back and Gronk is fully fit he will have some very good options again. Tom has done well with the injury list impacting his options and will only get better if the injury list disappears. Rodgers is a one man show, something that I don't think Tom could do in the same way but, maybe because he doesn't have #12's options, he looks more limited as a QB.
In line with others thinking on here, Patrick Mahomes is an absolute weapon and, along with Tyreek Hill, may even take the Chiefs to the Superbowl this season.
Baker Mayfield is another who I feel is destined for bigger things. Honourable mentions also to Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota and another favourite, because of family ties in NC, Cam Newton who is an absolute joy to watch when he is on it.
My all time favourite is John Elway as I have family in Co.

Jamies Winston 😨 Not even the best QB at Tampa 😆
NFL Question on 14:01 - Nov 17 with 6956 viewsBoston

NFL Question on 00:10 - Nov 17 by MrSheen

Just noticed my other pic disappeared! When I’ve got the time I’ll go dig one up, there ain’t many yet, but there will be.

NFL Question on 17:01 - Nov 18 with 6822 viewsTonto

Not a simple question to answer: especially as it's a team game and for a QB to be half effective you at least need a decent OL as you need time to throw. At the moment Rogers doesn't have that. Brady is getting old and can't do some of the stuff he used to be able to. And Drew Bread should be in this conversation too... after all he just set several NFL records this year! To me it's between the 3.

There are several young pretenders who will.be interesting to watch Mahommes, Trebisky, Wentz and Andrew Luck has a chance to come back into the equation now the Colts have an OL to speak of and he is over his injury...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

NFL Question on 21:59 - Nov 18 with 6769 viewsqprd

NFL Question on 08:51 - Nov 17 by SAR

Rodgers.

There's no surprise Brady gets put in the 'GOAT' category when he's won 5 superbowls, especially considering he was a 6th round pick. But I am in agreement with the term 'defences win championships' and for years the Patriots have had a very good team both offensively and defensively (excluding this year) whereas the packers have struggled on the other side of the ball at times.

But when you look at the big plays made by both, Rodgers is in a league of his own.

defences win championships is not a thing after the nfl introduced the hand checking penalty after the pats-colts arc championship game

the teams like the 01 ravens and 02 bucs aren't the ones winning super bowls

rodgers is the better technical qb with no weaknesses in his game- he's got a cannon, he can make every pass and he can move out of the pocket and run

but brady is by the far the better qb. he's basically churned out 12 wins every season for 16 seasons- on many of those teams, he had no receivers. he's shifted from a west coast offence at the beginning of his career to a vertical offence with the randy moss team to to the no huddle to everything in between. he's consistently redeveloped his game and won
[Post edited 18 Nov 2018 22:00]
NFL Question on 08:12 - Nov 19 with 6670 viewsEsox_Lucius

NFL Question on 12:48 - Nov 17 by thame_hoops

Jamies Winston 😨 Not even the best QB at Tampa 😆

Well it sure as sh!t isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick.

NFL Question on 10:57 - Nov 19 with 6632 viewssimmo

Mahomes the most exciting for sure and Rodgers is definitely up there as one of the best (both currently and ever) along with Brees and Brady. The issue with the latter is that I think the Pats would still have a winning record without Brady, where as the Packers are literally as good as one man's ability. The Les Ferdinand / 90's QPR is a good comparison actually.

I would probably go Drew Brees though, the guys is so consistent, always on the front foot and this season, just doesn't throw interceptions. 25 TD's to 1 INT this season so far, whilst leading an offence averaging over 45 points a game atm - he's making a really good team a superbowl favourite at 39.

All of that being said you probably wouldn't pick any of them if you were building a franchise tomorrow.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

NFL Question on 12:44 - Nov 19 with 6579 viewsTonto

NFL Question on 08:12 - Nov 19 by Esox_Lucius

Well it sure as sh!t isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The best QB in Tampa is probably still in college. Actually, knowing Tampa, he probably hasn't been born yet!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

NFL Question on 13:52 - Nov 19 with 6541 viewsEsox_Lucius

NFL Question on 12:44 - Nov 19 by Tonto

The best QB in Tampa is probably still in college. Actually, knowing Tampa, he probably hasn't been born yet!

Khalil Tate maybe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024