Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
River V Boca 09:31 - Nov 24 with 6742 viewsBlackCrowe

Tonight, winner takes all. Not sure if i can find it on the box. The most intense rivalry in the world i reckon.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/23/river-plate-advantage-copa-libe

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

River V Boca on 10:58 - Nov 24 with 4245 viewsstowmarketrange

I looked into going to the league game earlier this season.It was a lot of money,but a once in a lifetime trip to an amazing game.
I found out on 5live that away fans aren’t allowed at any games in the Argentinian league.I think the whole point of a derby game is lost if you only have 1 set of fans in the ground.I remember watching the matches on tv about 20 years ago and the atmosphere was fantastic,and the fans seemed to spend 90 minutes jumping up and down.
They even have a song which translates to “he who doesn’t jump must be an Englishman.”

I’m glad I didn’t spend best part of £1500 going to see it now,and i’m glad we don’t have that amount of sh@t going on in our football where away fans aren’t allowed in.

I would certainly watch it on tv though if anyone knows where it’s on.
River V Boca on 11:12 - Nov 24 with 4234 viewsMrSheen

BT Sport 2. Programme starts at 7.45, I imagine 8.00 kick off.
River V Boca on 11:12 - Nov 24 with 4233 viewssmegma

Nothing compares to an Argentinian league match. Back in 2000 I was in Buenos Aires and went to watch Racing Club. They were bottom of the league yet had had over 40,000 nutters singing for 90 minutes non stop. The lower terrace behind the goal had about 6,000 diehards jumping up and down in unison for the entire game. Gymnasia had about 4,000 in the away end doing the same. Never known noise levels like it.
On the other hand, a few days later I was in Montevideo, Uruguay and went to see Penarol and it was like watching Barnet and not just because of their club colours.

Mates who have been to Buenos Aires in the past 5-6 years say it's still the same.
River V Boca on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 4228 viewspaulparker

Watched the 1st game the other week and it was like a throwback to an fa cup game in the 80s
Packed terraces , a ref who put up with no nonsense , and 22 players giving it everything
Looking forward to the 2nd leg it’s 2-2 with all to okay for

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

River V Boca on 11:18 - Nov 24 with 4227 viewsBlackCrowe

Ah nice one. Will have to record it.

I went to a World cup qualifier in BA 4 or 5 years ago, Argentina v Colombia with a local work colleague and his son.

When the players came out on the pitch everyone stood up and started chanting a song. I asked my mate what it meant and he said words to the effect of "stand up if you hate the fckng English".
I decided against sitting back down.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

River V Boca on 11:21 - Nov 24 with 4220 viewsmikeygunn

For those without BT, it’s also on Freesports @ 20.00
River V Boca on 11:22 - Nov 24 with 4218 viewstraininvain

60,000 turned up to watch Boca train during the week. Mental.
River V Boca on 11:23 - Nov 24 with 4217 viewsDannyPaddox

Tevez sent off in 2004 after scoring and celebrating like a chicken. Got to see this.

Update:

Left foot finish: 8/10
Chicken dance: A poor 4.
Carlos you're no Bernie Clifton.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 11:40]
Login to get fewer ads

River V Boca on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 4215 viewsMrSheen

http://www.coha.org/barras-bravas-the-dark-side-of-soccer/
I remember one of Danny Dyer’s football factwies shows when he interviewed the leaders of the SAN Lorenzo barra brava on the pitch at the stadium. A waiter came out with a tray of beers for them. Club obviously terrified of them.
River V Boca on 14:36 - Nov 24 with 4097 viewsBoston

No man is an Islas Malvinas, eh Mr Dyer?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 14:37]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

River V Boca on 15:09 - Nov 24 with 4081 viewsaston_hoop

Big Argentine population where I am so am looking forward to finding a good bar to watch that in.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

River V Boca on 17:16 - Nov 24 with 4009 viewsFredManRave

Can't think of a bigger game in worl d club football for passion and rivalry involved in this 2nd leg. Its the first time they've ever met in the final and it's the last time it's being played over 2 legs. The country will ba at a standstill at 5pm local time.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/and-finally/boca-juniors-filled-their-enti

You just wouldn't see this anywhere else in the world.

Hope River win...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

River V Boca on 20:16 - Nov 24 with 3892 viewspaulparker

Kick off delayed as it’s errr kicked off with the Boca team bus peppered sprayed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

River V Boca on 20:39 - Nov 24 with 3855 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Just seen the changing room and the damage to the bus. Absolutely no chance this game is going ahead. Looks quite bad, but with 70,000 River Plate fans already in the stadium I can't see this ending too well

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

River V Boca on 20:50 - Nov 24 with 3836 viewsMrSheen

River V Boca on 20:39 - Nov 24 by RANGERS4EVER

Just seen the changing room and the damage to the bus. Absolutely no chance this game is going ahead. Looks quite bad, but with 70,000 River Plate fans already in the stadium I can't see this ending too well

Real fans, real football!
River V Boca on 21:04 - Nov 24 with 3800 viewsMrSheen

Putin in the house apparently, as well as President Macri. Going ahead despite the objections of the clubs.
River V Boca on 21:08 - Nov 24 with 3787 viewssevenhoop

River V Boca on 10:58 - Nov 24 by stowmarketrange

I looked into going to the league game earlier this season.It was a lot of money,but a once in a lifetime trip to an amazing game.
I found out on 5live that away fans aren’t allowed at any games in the Argentinian league.I think the whole point of a derby game is lost if you only have 1 set of fans in the ground.I remember watching the matches on tv about 20 years ago and the atmosphere was fantastic,and the fans seemed to spend 90 minutes jumping up and down.
They even have a song which translates to “he who doesn’t jump must be an Englishman.”

I’m glad I didn’t spend best part of £1500 going to see it now,and i’m glad we don’t have that amount of sh@t going on in our football where away fans aren’t allowed in.

I would certainly watch it on tv though if anyone knows where it’s on.

I went to River v Boca exactly a year ago. Correct, no away fans. Incorrect conclusion not to go. I have never ever witnessed an atmosphere like it (and they reckon it’s twice as good at Boca because of the fans and much more complex stadium). I reckon 95% of supporters (young and old) had club shirts on. I reckon 90% of fans sung constantly and loudly. It was chaotic with supporters hanging off the sides of stands and stairways.

An absolute once in a lifetime experience
River V Boca on 21:14 - Nov 24 with 3774 viewsrsonist

River V Boca on 21:04 - Nov 24 by MrSheen

Putin in the house apparently, as well as President Macri. Going ahead despite the objections of the clubs.

Conmebol doctors as advised by Infantino declare that there's nothing wrong with the Boca players, who are still vomiting in the changing room, one with a cut arm and the captain forced to return from hospital with glass in his eye. Disgrace.
River V Boca on 21:16 - Nov 24 with 3770 viewsrsonist

Reports now that Boca have been threatened with a five year international tournament ban if they refuse to play.

The River coach Gallardo also thinks it shouldn't go ahead.
River V Boca on 21:22 - Nov 24 with 3756 viewsstowmarketrange

River V Boca on 21:08 - Nov 24 by sevenhoop

I went to River v Boca exactly a year ago. Correct, no away fans. Incorrect conclusion not to go. I have never ever witnessed an atmosphere like it (and they reckon it’s twice as good at Boca because of the fans and much more complex stadium). I reckon 95% of supporters (young and old) had club shirts on. I reckon 90% of fans sung constantly and loudly. It was chaotic with supporters hanging off the sides of stands and stairways.

An absolute once in a lifetime experience

The game would’ve been at Boca’s ground but the amount of money put me off going this year.Maybe next year.
River V Boca on 21:42 - Nov 24 with 3708 viewsrsonist

Tevez, interviewed on TV:

"We are in no shape to play, but are being forced to do so."

"We just wanted to come and tell people that we are being forced to play despite having teammates that are not in the best condition."

"We are being forced to play a match where we do not have the appropriate conditions to take part in."

"Yet executives at AFA, CONMEBOL and FIFA want us to play in a few minutes and we are not even changed yet."

Gago:
"I am shocked that this is happening. When the tear gas came, I had an allergic reaction.

“The presidents of Conmebol and Fifa are who want us to play.”

"The only thing we can do is sit back and wait. We might have to go and play. Don't have much of a choice."
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 21:44]
River V Boca on 21:51 - Nov 24 with 3680 viewsaston_hoop

Can't believe this is going ahead. As an Argentine friend of mine just said, we can't control football fans attacking each other and we have to pretend to host the G20 next weekend!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

River V Boca on 22:41 - Nov 24 with 3593 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just been cancelled

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/libertadores-copa-fin
River V Boca on 23:42 - Nov 24 with 3518 viewsBluce_Ree

It’s not just that they are scum, this sort of behaviour is just weird.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

River V Boca on 08:45 - Nov 25 with 3372 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sunday works better for me. Cheers lads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024