Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stokes second 12:15 - Nov 27 with 2093 viewskingo

At the time I thought it looked a mile off when the header was played across the box. I have now had the opportunity to watch on Quest and I am still of the same opinion. Surprised no one else thought the same.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Stokes second on 12:20 - Nov 27 with 2060 viewsJuzzie

I have seen the odd comment on other threads but nothing so resounding. I think though the footage is unclear, the wide played looked offside when he received the ball before playing it into the box but he could have been onside when the ball was played.
Stokes second on 12:25 - Nov 27 with 2042 viewsNoelmc

Agree that there is no definite evidence from the camera angle that he was offside when the ball was played. However, McClean must have the sprinting ability of Usain Bolt to get from an onside position at the moment the ball was played to the position where he headed the ball back in the time the ball was in the air!
Stokes second on 12:50 - Nov 27 with 1949 viewstraininvain

And you can see Rangel appealing for offside.
Stokes second on 12:57 - Nov 27 with 1925 viewsTonto

Stokes second? he couldn't bat at 3, and Jennings deserves another chance against the fast bouncy stuff. bat him at 5, its were he belongs...

oh. sorry.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Stokes second on 12:58 - Nov 27 with 1922 viewsboobishabang

Watching it on a live IPTV stream my immediate reaction was it was offside, but not seeing it from side on its hard to call, certainly looked more offside than Crouches goal that was ruled out and was rightly so offside
Stokes second on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 1836 viewsAntti_Heinola

we can't say as the angle isn't there, but he could've easily been onside - with a defender coming out and him going in at the same time, it's definitely possible.

Bare bones.

Stokes second on 15:09 - Nov 27 with 1685 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Stokes second on 13:29 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

we can't say as the angle isn't there, but he could've easily been onside - with a defender coming out and him going in at the same time, it's definitely possible.

Yes I agree it is inconclusive but unless there’s someone off the screen marking the corner flag I can’t see who could be keeping him on. It looks like exactly the type of goal that the offside rule was brought in to stop.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Stokes second on 16:03 - Nov 27 with 1578 viewsjonno

I said in reply to Clive's match report that McLean looked yards offside for that goal, but obviously there is no definitive angle. However, as the camera pans out there is no obvious defender who could be playing him onside or defender running out. It certainly looks very suspect to me because he was so far ahead of all the other players - including those from his own side.
Login to get fewer ads

Stokes second on 18:57 - Nov 27 with 1302 viewss1cRanger

Stokes second on 16:03 - Nov 27 by jonno

I said in reply to Clive's match report that McLean looked yards offside for that goal, but obviously there is no definitive angle. However, as the camera pans out there is no obvious defender who could be playing him onside or defender running out. It certainly looks very suspect to me because he was so far ahead of all the other players - including those from his own side.

Was up the other end so couldnt see clearly. Tbh I thought all 3 were goals until the flags started to go up.
Stokes second on 00:27 - Nov 28 with 1133 viewsSydneyRs

Stokes second on 12:58 - Nov 27 by boobishabang

Watching it on a live IPTV stream my immediate reaction was it was offside, but not seeing it from side on its hard to call, certainly looked more offside than Crouches goal that was ruled out and was rightly so offside

Credit where its due the Crouch one was a good decision as wasn't obvious at first glance. I've seen them given. Their second did look off but without a proper angle I can't be sure.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 0:28]
Stokes second on 02:03 - Nov 28 with 1080 viewstimcocking

As a QPR fan, i can't help but feel you need to brush up on how to use an apostrophe. I never really recovered from the title.
Stokes second on 10:46 - Nov 28 with 909 viewsfrancisbowles

Stokes second on 02:03 - Nov 28 by timcocking

As a QPR fan, i can't help but feel you need to brush up on how to use an apostrophe. I never really recovered from the title.

That's going to win you a few more friends!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024