Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 21:55 - Nov 27 with 4778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He was unreal. At times he was at his most mesmerising, but I thought he was more direct and aggressive in possession tonight. Roterham swamped him and besieged him but in the words of the great Brendan Behan he had them "bewitched, bediviled and bollixed".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze on 22:02 - Nov 27 with 3866 viewstraininvain

Don’t want to get carried away as he’s young and will have bad games but he’s improving every week at the moment.

His decision making is way ahead of his years. Hope we can keep hold of him in January.
Eze on 22:02 - Nov 27 with 3859 viewsRBlock

Absolutely. That one run during the second half where his first touch was reminiscent of Zidane v , drives on, and nutmegs their defender before getting body checked.

I love Eze. If I have one criticism is that he isn't direct or aggressive enough. Whereas Adel would grab a game by the bollocks, Eze will sometimes be a bit passive and drift in and out. Absolutely quality today.
Eze on 22:04 - Nov 27 with 3836 viewsconnell10

Eze is one of the best players ive seen in the hoops for many a year, love him and his style of play!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze on 22:07 - Nov 27 with 3798 viewsconnell10

Eze on 22:02 - Nov 27 by RBlock

Absolutely. That one run during the second half where his first touch was reminiscent of Zidane v , drives on, and nutmegs their defender before getting body checked.

I love Eze. If I have one criticism is that he isn't direct or aggressive enough. Whereas Adel would grab a game by the bollocks, Eze will sometimes be a bit passive and drift in and out. Absolutely quality today.

I agree , id love to see him run more at defenders he has the skill sets to do it just not maybe the faith in himself yet.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eze on 22:09 - Nov 27 with 3755 viewsbosh67

If he can get his dead ball and general finishing up a few notches he will be unstoppable. He has miles to go to be anything like Zidane but there are shades of Roy Wegerle in the way he turns and glides past players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze on 22:26 - Nov 27 with 3621 viewsWadR

That Cruyff turn to get away from 3 Rotherham players in the second half was majestic. Would've had a goal too to cap a brilliant performance if not for a stunning save.

I'm really cherishing every game we get to watch him in a QPR shirt. Facets of his game aren't there yet but then there's few 20 year olds with his level of footballing intelligence or touch. A joy to watch.
Eze on 23:46 - Nov 27 with 3397 viewsdigswellhoop

needs a supportive manager and the right encouragemt then he will be a future star
Eze on 00:08 - Nov 28 with 3325 viewsjoolsyp

Eze on 23:46 - Nov 27 by digswellhoop

needs a supportive manager and the right encouragemt then he will be a future star

Plus a minder to help him out when he is surrounded by 5 opposition players!
Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 00:23 - Nov 28 with 3279 viewsaston_hoop

Eze on 23:46 - Nov 27 by digswellhoop

Doesn't he already have that?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Eze on 08:15 - Nov 28 with 2962 viewsRBlock

Eze on 22:09 - Nov 27 by bosh67

If he can get his dead ball and general finishing up a few notches he will be unstoppable. He has miles to go to be anything like Zidane but there are shades of Roy Wegerle in the way he turns and glides past players.

It wasn't a general comparison to Zidane, just one touch specifically reminded me of this...
Eze on 08:23 - Nov 28 with 2932 viewsRBlock

Eze on 22:07 - Nov 27 by connell10

I agree , id love to see him run more at defenders he has the skill sets to do it just not maybe the faith in himself yet.

It's like he is missing the arrogance of your archetypal no.10; the noise from the club is usually about how humble and down to earth he is.
Eze on 08:34 - Nov 28 with 2892 viewstraininvain

Eze on 08:23 - Nov 28 by RBlock

It's like he is missing the arrogance of your archetypal no.10; the noise from the club is usually about how humble and down to earth he is.

I think that’ll make him a more complete player in the long run. Eze rarely gives the ball away as he tends to make the right decision in terms of playing a pass or taking on his man.

As his confidence grows and he becomes more comfortable at this level he’s likely to realise that more often than not he can beat his man.

It’s important to remember this is Eze’s first full season in the Championship.
Eze on 08:37 - Nov 28 with 2880 viewsRBlock

Eze on 08:34 - Nov 28 by traininvain

I think that’ll make him a more complete player in the long run. Eze rarely gives the ball away as he tends to make the right decision in terms of playing a pass or taking on his man.

As his confidence grows and he becomes more comfortable at this level he’s likely to realise that more often than not he can beat his man.

It’s important to remember this is Eze’s first full season in the Championship.

Absolutely. Tarbs had arrogance by the bucket load and we all know how his career has gone. They're different players so me drawing a direct comparison is a bit unfair, and you're right about rarely giving the ball away.
Eze on 08:58 - Nov 28 with 2818 viewsPhildo

lots of chatter that Spurs want him - but no idea if that is just idle gossip and of course Levy would want to pay 50p and a bunch of grapes.
Eze on 09:01 - Nov 28 with 2806 viewsWestbourneR

I will draw your attention to my post straight after the home defeat to Sheff Utd at first game of the season and say....

I told you so!

Except, back then, there were many doubters and I was told I was over hyping his skills.

I wasn't. He's a very very special talent.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze on 09:06 - Nov 28 with 2784 viewsMrSheen

Eze on 08:58 - Nov 28 by Phildo

lots of chatter that Spurs want him - but no idea if that is just idle gossip and of course Levy would want to pay 50p and a bunch of grapes.

How many grapes? And no pips?
Eze on 09:20 - Nov 28 with 2750 viewsLblock

Eze on 08:58 - Nov 28 by Phildo

Eze.... if you’re reading this, and specifically the above, I have two words for you my son:-
Dean
Parrett

Sometimes history tells us the future
Needs another full season with us before the big move to a club like Arsenal or City where his skills appreciated and USED

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eze on 09:24 - Nov 28 with 2738 viewspaulparker

The lad has great upper body strength and can receive a ball and the defender can’t get get to him
That drop of the shoulder he does to gain space is also a great get out for us when we are under pressure because he either draws the foul or sets up a counter attack
I think another 6 months at this level will do him a power of good as he already has a good footballing brain the more games the better he will be
The only small criticism I would have is his free kicks if he could work at those he would be deadly

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eze on 09:41 - Nov 28 with 2674 viewsdaveB

He's such a good player, he'll go right to the top, if he can add more goals to his game then he'll be unstoppable.
Eze on 09:45 - Nov 28 with 2663 viewsGalileo

His attitude is spot on for a lad of his age and experience.
No histrionics when he's felled for the umpteenth time in a game, particularly after the sublime turn and swivel in the second half. He was clean away form the 3 of them and would surely have created a goal scoring opportunity yet not even a booking for the intended foul.
Another point of note, when he himself made an attempted tackle which led to an unintended foul on their right back in the first half, he went over to check in the lads well being, not once but twice.
Eze on 10:07 - Nov 28 with 2602 views00calben

Agree with everything on this thread, and glad that we're not over-hyping him too much & recognising there are parts of his game which need to be worked at. Irrespective of our QPR bias, I genuinely think he needs another 18 months here before he should move.

At the end of next season I think he will be in a position where he will have the pick of clubs so he can choose the best one for that stage of his career.

I think the worst thing he could do is jump ship this Jan or even end of this season. Still very young and plenty of development left with us first.
Eze on 10:13 - Nov 28 with 2567 viewsHantsR

In that very pleasing interview on Saturday, Angel Rangel said Eze was 'very humble' ... mind you,so was Uriah Heep?😀
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 15:34]
Eze on 15:27 - Nov 29 with 2194 viewsBlackCrowe

From the Rotherham forum Duke's Bar...

"I notice that no-one has mentioned that QPR had the best player by a country mile on show,-EZE,their number 10.
The way we played him with Palmer, Towell and Vaulks swamping him was fantastic but he almost made it through each time. He rarely lost the ball and went backwards with it as soon as we had enough players on him. A great prospect and you're right, he's probably the best player in this league that we've been up against so far."

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Eze on 16:05 - Nov 29 with 2133 viewsLongsufferingR

Eze on 15:27 - Nov 29 by BlackCrowe

From the Rotherham forum Duke's Bar...

"I notice that no-one has mentioned that QPR had the best player by a country mile on show,-EZE,their number 10.
The way we played him with Palmer, Towell and Vaulks swamping him was fantastic but he almost made it through each time. He rarely lost the ball and went backwards with it as soon as we had enough players on him. A great prospect and you're right, he's probably the best player in this league that we've been up against so far."

"...he's probably the best player in this league that we've been up against so far."

Surprised he doesn't play for Brentford then.
Eze on 20:32 - Nov 29 with 1990 viewsjonno

Very talented boy with huge potential which was obvious from his earliest appearances but still has plenty to learn and he's in the best place to do that. Needs to stay with us for at least 18 months I would say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024