Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sol cambell 21:27 - Nov 29 with 4804 viewsdigswellhoop

so sol says hes one of the WORLDS BEST EVER PLAYERS?
what do you think i give him 6 minths
sol cambell on 21:56 - Nov 29 with 3005 viewslondonscottish

he was doing alright up to that point. 3 months.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

sol cambell on 22:08 - Nov 29 with 2974 viewsoddball

bellend alert
sol cambell on 23:06 - Nov 29 with 2900 viewsStanisgod

Always seemed a bit weird. 10 weeks.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

sol cambell on 01:15 - Nov 30 with 2797 viewstimcocking

sol cambell on 23:06 - Nov 29 by Stanisgod

Always seemed a bit weird. 10 weeks.

Definitely something a bit off with him.
sol cambell on 01:19 - Nov 30 with 2786 viewsBoston

Don't like his soup, could kick a ball though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

sol cambell on 01:20 - Nov 30 with 2785 viewstimcocking

sol cambell on 01:19 - Nov 30 by Boston

Don't like his soup, could kick a ball though.

Well he was strong and quick. Not too sure he could kick a ball particularly effectively.

Oh, Macc Town? My mate Higgy used to play for them. His Dad was the chairman i think. I remember them telling me how they got Paul Ince in as manager. He was an arrogant pr!ck, they couldn't stand each other. First thing Paul Ince did when he took over - ordered a refit of his office with a brand new very expensive desk. Not the sort of thing they're big on in Macclesfield.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 1:28]
sol cambell on 02:16 - Nov 30 with 2761 viewsLoftgirl

sol cambell on 22:08 - Nov 29 by oddball

bellend alert

In the same camp as Tactical Tim.
sol cambell on 03:32 - Nov 30 with 2719 viewsToast_R

At his peak, he probably was one of the best in the world. So good infact, his name was used in a tongue in cheek song by the QPR faithful for a few seasons.

If Tony Adams can still occasionally get jobs, why has it taken this long for Sol Campbell?
Login to get fewer ads

sol cambell on 05:48 - Nov 30 with 2662 viewsRs_Holy

sol cambell on 03:32 - Nov 30 by Toast_R

At his peak, he probably was one of the best in the world. So good infact, his name was used in a tongue in cheek song by the QPR faithful for a few seasons.

If Tony Adams can still occasionally get jobs, why has it taken this long for Sol Campbell?

Because everyone thinks he’s a bit weird
sol cambell on 07:01 - Nov 30 with 2635 viewsdistortR

sol cambell on 05:48 - Nov 30 by Rs_Holy

Because everyone thinks he’s a bit weird

would agree with that. I would also worry about how he would deal with stress.
sol cambell on 08:25 - Nov 30 with 2543 viewspaulparker

Sol was a world class centre back, miles better than Terry but he never gets the plaudits
Him and Rio were our best partnership for England but imagine sol, Rio & Lesley king as a back 3,
Campbell was part of the invincibles and the double winning Arsenal teams and held spurs toghther when they were very, very average for quite a few years
He gets a ton of stick does Sol but he was a hell of a centre half

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

sol cambell on 08:42 - Nov 30 with 2512 viewsmakaveli1882

Absolute mentalist, tries to use the race card for not getting jobs, the reason he doesn't get jobs is because he is not the full ticket, surprised he hasn't blamed it on his sexuality too!

Fantastic defender and was great for England and much better than Terry as already stated.
sol cambell on 08:53 - Nov 30 with 2494 viewsRBlock

sol cambell on 03:32 - Nov 30 by Toast_R

He's a freak mate. Saw Paul Ince moaning about racial discrimination that Campbell had to drop this low in the pyramid to get a job, whilst Lampard and Gerrard swan into more illustrious roles

I mean he has come out with some corkers over the years. There is the classic: "I'm intelligent enough, it's not like I played on a fox and dog pitch all my life. I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted".

There was the one last September on his birthday where he claimed to be turning 43, before hastily deleting that video realising he was in fact turning 44.

His first interview with Macclesfield is just dripping with arrogance, effectively saying "Well, you lot are really lucky I've deigned to come and work here aren't you".

Nutter
sol cambell on 08:57 - Nov 30 with 2480 viewsToast_R

sol cambell on 07:01 - Nov 30 by distortR

would agree with that. I would also worry about how he would deal with stress.

As opposed to recovering alcoholic Tony Adams...
Weird. How many managers are a little bit weird but when it's not a black player, it gets brushed under the carpet as slighty eccentric? Clough was weird, Ian Holloway too. Look at Mourinho the self proclaimed "Special One"

Good black players in England shirts = abuse and an almost subconscious like obsession with every negative aspect what the media would have you believe about their character and it seems to get lapped up, it really is quite sad.

Ashley Cole
John Barnes
Sol Campbell
Andy Cole
Raheem Sterling

Tell me none of that is just mere coincidence?
sol cambell on 09:26 - Nov 30 with 2428 viewsmakaveli1882

sol cambell on 08:57 - Nov 30 by Toast_R

Weird. How many managers are a little bit weird but when it's not a black player, it gets brushed under the carpet as slighty eccentric? Clough was weird, Ian Holloway too. Look at Mourinho the self proclaimed "Special One"

Good black players in England shirts = abuse and an almost subconscious like obsession with every negative aspect what the media would have you believe about their character and it seems to get lapped up, it really is quite sad.

Ashley Cole
John Barnes
Sol Campbell
Andy Cole
Raheem Sterling

Jesse Lingard, Dele Ali, Joe Gomez, Jadon Sancho, Trent Alexander-Arnold,Ashley Young even Delph all praised this year for England.

I rate Sterling as one of the best players in the Premiership and agree his treatment is unfair.

The rest of that list either did not up or just a bunch of caants, nothing to do with race.
sol cambell on 09:36 - Nov 30 with 2410 viewsJamesB1979

At his peak, he was immense centre back for club and country. I don’t think there’s been a better defender for England in my lifetime (I’m under 40). Him and Rio Ferdinand together were brilliant.
sol cambell on 09:41 - Nov 30 with 2399 viewsPhildo

sol cambell on 09:36 - Nov 30 by JamesB1979

At his peak, he was immense centre back for club and country. I don’t think there’s been a better defender for England in my lifetime (I’m under 40). Him and Rio Ferdinand together were brilliant.

He also was a very good player at tournaments unlike a lot of his contemporaries. Still comes across as a total oddball though.
sol cambell on 09:42 - Nov 30 with 2392 viewsMaggsinho

sol cambell on 09:41 - Nov 30 by Phildo

He also was a very good player at tournaments unlike a lot of his contemporaries. Still comes across as a total oddball though.

In the team of the tournament in 2002 and 2004.
sol cambell on 09:57 - Nov 30 with 2370 viewsRs_Holy

Ashley Cole
John Barnes
Sol Campbell
Andy Cole
Raheem Sterling

For every Ashley Cole and Raheem Stirling there's a Sir Les or a Ledley King or a Tricky Trev to counter your argument.
I understand that prejudice and discrimination still exists but I'm not racist and simply find the bloke a bit weird! For me he doesn’t seem to have a sense of humour. Clough was eccentric but was genius with it. Warnock is eccentric but also makes me laugh in some of his interviews. Klopp is also eccentric but had me in stiches with his "I'm not the special one... in fact I am the ordinary one" interview.
Yes there should be more black managers! This I totally agree with that but they have to be good when they get a chance. We tried 2 and it didn’t work out. Ince lasted 6 months at Boro with a very supportive chairman. Chris Hougton is a fantastic manager with a superb record. Sir Les is doing a fantastic job as our DOF. Keith Curle was a great coach for us under Warnock.
sol cambell on 10:01 - Nov 30 with 2362 viewsKonk

Ashley Cole
John Barnes
Sol Campbell
Andy Cole
Raheem Sterling

Tony Adams got Wycombe and Pompey, did poorly and hasn't had anything in England since. I guess the point is that he was given a chance in the first place.

There definitely does seem to be an issue with black former players getting interviews for jobs, and I would support something like the Rooney rule in that regard, however, even in sympathetic media pieces, Campbell has always come across as someone who would be an absolute nightmare to find yourself sat next to at a meal. Arrogant, intense and a bit difficult. Whether it's fair or not, he doesn't strike me as someone it would be easy to warm to or work alongside.

Of the others on your list -

Cole - the lack of self-awareness re his "almost swerved of the road" upon hearing about Arsenal's £60kpw or whatever it was comment in his biography. Shooting Youth players with an airgun, being a di ck with his missus etc. Great player, but seemingly a kn ob. Also not helped by being an in the ref's face shouty twa t for Chelsea. I think it's probably the case that he just might not be that nice a bloke. Same as John Terry, who has had plenty of stick in the media.

Barnes - was only really slated for being generally underwhelming for England...which he was. Did a shi t job at Celtic and hasn't had a look-in since. Not that surprising. I don't remember people questioning him as an individual.

Campbell - regarded as a brilliant footballer, but a bit of an oddbod.

Sterling - not done much for England, which gets every sheep on his back, and as someone who never watches England games in pubs, I couldn't believe the amount of abuse he got v Tunisia in the pub I was in. The media stick he's taken for his lifestyle is definitely disproportionate and sadly, I wouldn't doubt that there's a racial element to that amongst many of his critics.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

sol cambell on 10:02 - Nov 30 with 2359 viewsdaveB

He said he was one of the best players in the world and he was in his day.

Whatever you think of him it is odd that someone who won as much as he did as a player can only get a job at Maccelsfield whilst Lampard and Gerrard walk into much bigger jobs
sol cambell on 10:03 - Nov 30 with 2357 viewsKonk

sol cambell on 09:42 - Nov 30 by Maggsinho

In the team of the tournament in 2002 and 2004.

He was a brilliant CB and as has been said, was immense in tournaments too.

sol cambell on 10:05 - Nov 30 with 2350 viewsAntti_Heinola

sol cambell on 09:57 - Nov 30 by Rs_Holy

For every Ashley Cole and Raheem Stirling there's a Sir Les or a Ledley King or a Tricky Trev to counter your argument.
I understand that prejudice and discrimination still exists but I'm not racist and simply find the bloke a bit weird! For me he doesn’t seem to have a sense of humour. Clough was eccentric but was genius with it. Warnock is eccentric but also makes me laugh in some of his interviews. Klopp is also eccentric but had me in stiches with his "I'm not the special one... in fact I am the ordinary one" interview.
Yes there should be more black managers! This I totally agree with that but they have to be good when they get a chance. We tried 2 and it didn’t work out. Ince lasted 6 months at Boro with a very supportive chairman. Chris Hougton is a fantastic manager with a superb record. Sir Les is doing a fantastic job as our DOF. Keith Curle was a great coach for us under Warnock.

'have to be good when they get the chance'

they have to be exceptional, more like. Terrible white managers get chance after chance after chance. See Bryan Robson. See Peter Reid. See Mark Hughes!

Of course race is a big part of it. Campbell has offered to manage for nothing even as low as non league and not been picked up. If people say 'it's because he's weird' explain Joey Barton. Explain Martin freaking Allen!

Bare bones.

sol cambell on 10:07 - Nov 30 with 2348 viewsKonk

sol cambell on 10:02 - Nov 30 by daveB

He said he was one of the best players in the world and he was in his day.

Whatever you think of him it is odd that someone who won as much as he did as a player can only get a job at Maccelsfield whilst Lampard and Gerrard walk into much bigger jobs

I think odd is probably the imperative word, there.

In terms of Lampard and Gerrard, Lampard comes across as a reasonably intelligent bloke, which I think is crucial to being a good coach and probably makes him a convincing candidate. Both have good connections in terms of securing loans from their former clubs, both are big names for media attention/recruitment and not to be underestimated, both are big name former players that their clubs's owners get to swoon over.

sol cambell on 10:07 - Nov 30 with 2348 viewsDavieQPR

And a completely loyal servant to Arsenal..... or was it Spurs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024