Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lynch 17:08 - Dec 1 with 3398 viewsHunterhoop

Wtf was he up to today? He, especially, and the back 4 were all over the place. This week has really been back to the old Lynch. Stoke, Rotherham, today. Positioning and reading of the game: very poor.

Whoever thought he was a potential PoTY, Christ alive.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 17:10]
Lynch on 17:09 - Dec 1 with 3383 viewsbosh67

Perhaps he's thinking about his Christmas break? It is usually around now he goes off for a festive injury rest.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lynch on 17:25 - Dec 1 with 3288 viewsstevec

Still trying to work out how it took 88 minutes for him to get booked
Lynch on 17:44 - Dec 1 with 3199 viewsHunterhoop

Lynch on 17:25 - Dec 1 by stevec

He did his best for that challenge to be a red top.
Lynch on 19:08 - Dec 1 with 2981 viewstraininvain

Lynch and Leistner a lot more comfortable with the ball at head height. We look in real trouble against teams with pacy centre forwards who want the ball to feet.

Let’s face it, we’re a mid table team punching above our weight flirting with the playoffs.
Lynch on 19:20 - Dec 1 with 2934 viewsqprd

Lynch on 19:08 - Dec 1 by traininvain

Lynch and Leistner a lot more comfortable with the ball at head height. We look in real trouble against teams with pacy centre forwards who want the ball to feet.

Let’s face it, we’re a mid table team punching above our weight flirting with the playoffs.

That’s generally true about lynch and Leistner

But Frazier Campbell is hardly pacey

And hull kept playing long balls to him. Lynch and Leistner just didn’t cope that well w capmbell
Lynch on 19:44 - Dec 1 with 2834 viewsdavman

Not just Lynch though, was it? Rangel got one block in, had a fantastic shot, but defended pretty poorly today. Cameron won the ball well at times, but his passing was rank at times. Wsolek scored a great goal, but left Rangel exposed 2 on 1 for the first 30 minutes as did Freeman with Bidwell.

Nothing came off for Eze today, Smith was god awful when he came on and we were generally second to it all over the park. A bad day at the office for us; a good one for them. I am fairly sure that was all there was to it today.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lynch on 19:45 - Dec 1 with 2826 viewsTacticalR

Lynch on 19:20 - Dec 1 by qprd

That’s generally true about lynch and Leistner

But Frazier Campbell is hardly pacey

And hull kept playing long balls to him. Lynch and Leistner just didn’t cope that well w capmbell

Yes, but they weren't just long balls whacked in the general direction of Frazier, but weighted balls floated over the top that he could shield from central defenders.

Air hostess clique

Lynch on 20:23 - Dec 1 with 2719 viewsFDC

Lynch on 17:25 - Dec 1 by stevec

I've not seen the foul that he was booked for, but the usually extremely partisan audio comms made it sound pretty nasty!
Login to get fewer ads

Lynch on 20:39 - Dec 1 with 2673 viewsqprd

Lynch on 20:23 - Dec 1 by FDC

I've not seen the foul that he was booked for, but the usually extremely partisan audio comms made it sound pretty nasty!

He absolutely cleaned someone out in the first half too

Definitely gets his money’s worth on the fouls
Lynch on 20:57 - Dec 1 with 2599 viewsFDC

Lynch on 20:39 - Dec 1 by qprd

He absolutely cleaned someone out in the first half too

Definitely gets his money’s worth on the fouls

From what I've seen this season he's looked every bit as much of a liability as the last. That's not to say that his performances generally haven't been better, but I always think he's good for a penalty. I forget which game it was -- the one where Rangel booted a player who stooped for a header in the head -- but I recall holding my breath when he clearly and blatantly held a player down on a cross whilst we were defending a lead. Seems to happen pretty regularly. The dark arts are part of being a defender, but you need a bit of nous about you too.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 20:58]
Lynch on 21:48 - Dec 1 with 2459 viewsParkRoyalR

Great save kept out Lynch's header which could have seen us 2-2 @ HT. Thought Lynch was excellent at Stoke bar misplaced pass, didn't get to Rotherham but his positioning and reading of game for both their goals was spot on watching on Red Button, hence him losing it with Listner (who was on wrong side of the box) and Cameron (losing his man) for their 2nd. And now we're upset as he's tackling too hard.....
Lynch on 22:56 - Dec 1 with 2345 viewsHunterhoop

Lynch on 21:48 - Dec 1 by ParkRoyalR

Great save kept out Lynch's header which could have seen us 2-2 @ HT. Thought Lynch was excellent at Stoke bar misplaced pass, didn't get to Rotherham but his positioning and reading of game for both their goals was spot on watching on Red Button, hence him losing it with Listner (who was on wrong side of the box) and Cameron (losing his man) for their 2nd. And now we're upset as he's tackling too hard.....

You’re watching a different Lynch if you think his positioning was spot on during the game against Rotherham. And if you think the same today...even more deluded.
Lynch on 23:30 - Dec 1 with 2266 viewsParkRoyalR

Must be as thought Rangel mistake for Rotherham's 1st (though well worked goal) and Listner (awol) and Cameron (losing his man) for the 2nd. Thought whole team were nt at it today but Listner in open water has been a concern since WBA
Lynch on 23:59 - Dec 1 with 2206 viewsMatch82

Lynch on 21:48 - Dec 1 by ParkRoyalR

Lynch losing it with a teammate is his default reaction when he knows he is as fault so if hardly use that as evidence that he's in the right. Think he has been miles better since September but reverted to some of his old habut in the last couple of games
Lynch on 01:58 - Dec 2 with 2093 viewstimcocking

I've had nagging doubts about the pair of our centre backs and Joe Lumley suddenly can't kick a ball.
Lynch on 07:19 - Dec 2 with 2003 viewsWatford_Ranger

I think Furlong would offer better balance to give us one defender with pace.

Terrified of what Roofe will do to L & L.
Lynch on 09:59 - Dec 3 with 1583 viewsTheChef

Come on Hunterhoop it's the first week of December, what do you think Lynch is up to?

I'd have kicked the guy out of the club long ago, definitely not 'the right sort' when you look at some of our other recent recruits.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lynch on 10:16 - Dec 3 with 1572 viewsdaveB

I thought the whole team were poor in the first 20 minutes, we were all over the place at the back, i wouldn't single Lynch out as all 11 of them were crap in that spell.
Lynch on 11:30 - Dec 3 with 1515 viewssimmo

He was and is over-rated, not least by himself.

Back to the wall, basics only stuff he can do, he's not a bad penalty box defender. But when there's not a man in front or to his left offering protection he almost always makes the wrong decision. 3 or 4 times a game he tries to convince me that he's the stupidest man alive.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lynch on 11:47 - Dec 3 with 1492 viewsTheChef

Lynch on 11:30 - Dec 3 by simmo

He was and is over-rated, not least by himself.

Back to the wall, basics only stuff he can do, he's not a bad penalty box defender. But when there's not a man in front or to his left offering protection he almost always makes the wrong decision. 3 or 4 times a game he tries to convince me that he's the stupidest man alive.

Well put Simmo.

On the plus side, Lynch may well miss Christmas but it would give an opportunity for Furlong to get back in the side, possibly at CB alongside Leistner. Which may be not be perfect to begin with, but will hopefully be worth it in the long term.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lynch on 12:53 - Dec 3 with 1404 viewsR_from_afar

I think we should give a lot of credit to Hull and Adkins. I wouldn’t say they were hungrier than us but their levels of intensity, effort and concentration were a bit higher. We had some issues relating to when we did not have the ball:
- Not everyone tracked back properly
- Some tracked back but then just hung around our box without actually marking anyone. For example, there was one Hull attack during which Eze did run back but he didn’t actually pick anyone up, so his efforts were pretty much wasted.
- Some players got high up the pitch and left us too exposed, e.g. Bidwell.
In the second half, Hull defended deep a lot of the time, meaning that there was no space for us to run in behind them, unlike in the first half. There were a number of occasions in the second half when we had the ball on the half way line, with the whole of their team ahead of us, all hanging back, and no room behind their back line and very few options for getting in on goal bar, making the long ball to Smith or Hemed a reasonable tactic.

Some individual trickery, e.g. a mazy run, or a clever pass to someone making a quick and unexpected run, or a long shot, might also have worked but a lot of the time, the team mates ahead of our centre backs had their backs to goal and were not moving a great deal. Make a run, do something, don't just wait for the ball to be rolled to feet, it makes you too easy to mark.

I don’t think the game was a disaster. We gave ourselves a mountain to climb after conceding the two early goals, but we are going to lose football matches and with a bit more luck — the Rangel shot against the post, the missed handball in their box — we could’ve got a point, or more. There was a 5-10 minute period in the first half when we were carving Hull wide open.

We continue.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lynch on 13:08 - Dec 3 with 1381 viewsParkRoyalR

Lynch on 12:53 - Dec 3 by R_from_afar

I think we should give a lot of credit to Hull and Adkins. I wouldn’t say they were hungrier than us but their levels of intensity, effort and concentration were a bit higher. We had some issues relating to when we did not have the ball:
- Not everyone tracked back properly
- Some tracked back but then just hung around our box without actually marking anyone. For example, there was one Hull attack during which Eze did run back but he didn’t actually pick anyone up, so his efforts were pretty much wasted.
- Some players got high up the pitch and left us too exposed, e.g. Bidwell.
In the second half, Hull defended deep a lot of the time, meaning that there was no space for us to run in behind them, unlike in the first half. There were a number of occasions in the second half when we had the ball on the half way line, with the whole of their team ahead of us, all hanging back, and no room behind their back line and very few options for getting in on goal bar, making the long ball to Smith or Hemed a reasonable tactic.

Some individual trickery, e.g. a mazy run, or a clever pass to someone making a quick and unexpected run, or a long shot, might also have worked but a lot of the time, the team mates ahead of our centre backs had their backs to goal and were not moving a great deal. Make a run, do something, don't just wait for the ball to be rolled to feet, it makes you too easy to mark.

I don’t think the game was a disaster. We gave ourselves a mountain to climb after conceding the two early goals, but we are going to lose football matches and with a bit more luck — the Rangel shot against the post, the missed handball in their box — we could’ve got a point, or more. There was a 5-10 minute period in the first half when we were carving Hull wide open.

We continue.

RFA

Some very good points well put, we are certainly more entertaining and going home / away is no longer the chore it has been in recent seasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024