Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we been sussed out? 17:08 - Dec 1 with 3560 viewsbosh67

The games we were winning with this formation seemed to work well when we let teams come at us, then broke them up and countered. We were winning games on 35-45% of possession. Perhaps because we aren't that quick at the back and our midfield then shielded that quite deep and we broke smartly. Which bizarrely is against the way we traditionally play but it was working.

The last 3 games we have dominated possession and shipped 7 goals. Teams appear to be letting us come at them and doing the same to us. Our back 4 are experienced but they are slow and when we take the game to teams with this set up we appear to leave big holes and the back 4 exposed.

Or perhaps our concentration has slipped? But whatever it is our domination of possession seems to be having a counter effect if you look at the stats. We need to work out how to play and shore up with Leeds and Boro next. .

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Have we been sussed out? on 17:14 - Dec 1 with 3519 viewsRANGERS4EVER

We have and haven't. I actually quite enjoyed today. Thought we played some nice football. Any other day that's a win, just couldn't finish well enough. Results like that happen all the time in the Championship, we will win with worse performance. Take it on the chin and move on to Leeds I say.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Have we been sussed out? on 17:50 - Dec 1 with 3350 viewsBlackCrowe

I thought we played far too much route 1 for some reason from the first whistle - it was baffling. We had a 10 minute spell after we scored our first where we had some proper intensity but other than that it turgid error-ridden stuff reffed by an absolutel clown. Hull deserved the win, no question about it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Have we been sussed out? on 17:54 - Dec 1 with 3325 viewsstowmarketrange

Have we been sussed out? on 17:14 - Dec 1 by RANGERS4EVER

We have and haven't. I actually quite enjoyed today. Thought we played some nice football. Any other day that's a win, just couldn't finish well enough. Results like that happen all the time in the Championship, we will win with worse performance. Take it on the chin and move on to Leeds I say.

I thought we played very poorly today but deserved a draw at least.I’ve haven’t seen us give the ball away as often as we did today for a long,long time.We seemed to have no idea who was playing where.Players were isolated all over the pitch in possession and it seems our only attacking idea was to lump it one of the many forward players we had.
A bad day at the office from most players today.
Have we been sussed out? on 17:59 - Dec 1 with 3288 viewsbosh67

I think McClaren feels we have over stretched ourselves and perhaps sussed ourselves out. He also feels our more recent attacking style may have contributed to our defensive woes.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/mcclaren-we-didnt-get-basics-right-v-hull/

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Have we been sussed out? on 18:04 - Dec 1 with 3259 viewsStanisgod

I read in the programme that the "ref" had done Champions league games FFS, another one with no balls, no authority and no working wrist watch. 4 minutes extra first half when Tony was down 3 on his own, what about the Hull bloke. Same second half when the subs would have been 3 minutes at 30 seconds each, one poxy minute for their time wasting and injuries.. Really gets my goat, win lose or draw.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Have we been sussed out? on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 3228 viewsstevec

Hull were first to the ball all day long and the forwards pace a real issue for our back line.
Not sure why Hull are as low as they are.

Think that’s four games in a row we’ve been behind and chasing games wears players down, that showed today.
Have we been sussed out? on 18:11 - Dec 1 with 3216 viewsstowmarketrange

Have we been sussed out? on 18:04 - Dec 1 by Stanisgod

I read in the programme that the "ref" had done Champions league games FFS, another one with no balls, no authority and no working wrist watch. 4 minutes extra first half when Tony was down 3 on his own, what about the Hull bloke. Same second half when the subs would have been 3 minutes at 30 seconds each, one poxy minute for their time wasting and injuries.. Really gets my goat, win lose or draw.

That’s my view too.They were time wasting for the whole 2nd half and the ref kept pointing to his watch and looked like he was saying that he’d add the time on but obviously didn’t.
A blatant body check on smith in the area was just waved away.What has he got to do to win a penalty?
Have we been sussed out? on 18:15 - Dec 1 with 3168 viewsHunterhoop

Have we been sussed out? on 18:11 - Dec 1 by stowmarketrange

That’s my view too.They were time wasting for the whole 2nd half and the ref kept pointing to his watch and looked like he was saying that he’d add the time on but obviously didn’t.
A blatant body check on smith in the area was just waved away.What has he got to do to win a penalty?

3rd time in Hull’s ten away games this season they’ve had this ref. Everyone of their coaching staff shook his hand on the pitch afterwards.
Login to get fewer ads

Have we been sussed out? on 18:18 - Dec 1 with 3159 viewsstowmarketrange

Have we been sussed out? on 18:15 - Dec 1 by Hunterhoop

3rd time in Hull’s ten away games this season they’ve had this ref. Everyone of their coaching staff shook his hand on the pitch afterwards.

I’m surprised they didn’t swap shirts with him and carry him shoulder high from the pitch.
Have we been sussed out? on 18:35 - Dec 1 with 3074 viewsRs_Holy

I thought it was a real Jekyll and Hyde performance today. Some lovely build up play and plenty of chances created but we only did this in small patches and for the most part didn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck!
The defence made too many mistakes, the midfield at times looked really slow ponderous (in particular Luongo who seemed to be jogging about for most of the game), this left the attack exposed and lacking service.
Hull are really not very good but we gifted them a win today and the frustration of this was compounded by an incompetent ref who did bugger all about the time wasting and only added 4 minutes injury time at the end even though all 6 subs had been used… We can play much better than today by simply sustaining the good bits of play for longer periods in the game.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 18:59]
Have we been sussed out? on 18:39 - Dec 1 with 3052 viewsqprd

Have we been sussed out? on 17:59 - Dec 1 by bosh67

I think McClaren feels we have over stretched ourselves and perhaps sussed ourselves out. He also feels our more recent attacking style may have contributed to our defensive woes.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/mcclaren-we-didnt-get-basics-right-v-hull/

Mclaren was tactically outclassed by Adkins in my opinion

I didnt know much about Hull coming to the match, but their tactics were clear. Ping aerial balls over the top to Frazier Campbell, who had a great game and outplayed our centrebacks... he'd play down the ball to Irvine and Bowen behind him. They also played a lot of long balls in the direction of Rangel, who didnt cope too well. They didnt play much through their midfield

Mclarens subs were also perplexing, particularly bringing on Smith. we totally lost our shape with smith on and three strikers. Hemed was the right sub, but he had a really poor match, which hes entitled to- he wasnt helped by the fact that with 3 strikers and less linkup b/w midfield and striker, he had to drop deeper to collect the ball and move it forward. thats why he made the mistake leading to the third goal.

why mclaren waited so long to bring on BOS, lord only knows.
Have we been sussed out? on 19:45 - Dec 1 with 2849 viewsW4Ranger

Have we been sussed out? on 18:39 - Dec 1 by qprd

I didnt know much about Hull coming to the match, but their tactics were clear. Ping aerial balls over the top to Frazier Campbell, who had a great game and outplayed our centrebacks... he'd play down the ball to Irvine and Bowen behind him. They also played a lot of long balls in the direction of Rangel, who didnt cope too well. They didnt play much through their midfield

Mclarens subs were also perplexing, particularly bringing on Smith. we totally lost our shape with smith on and three strikers. Hemed was the right sub, but he had a really poor match, which hes entitled to- he wasnt helped by the fact that with 3 strikers and less linkup b/w midfield and striker, he had to drop deeper to collect the ball and move it forward. thats why he made the mistake leading to the third goal.

Totally agree with qprd - BOS should have replaced Pav earlier as his pace and tricks in the 5 mins he had on the pitch scared the Hull defence. Smith did nothing and unbalanced the front 2.

Thought we underestimated them and were 2 down before we got going.
Have we been sussed out? on 20:22 - Dec 1 with 2765 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We're now regularly conceding goals. That's at least 2 conceded in our last 4 games after an exceptional run of clean sheets. You're bound to lose a game eventually conceding 2 goals or more. At least we're still scoring and creating chances.

I reckon we might get a bit more out of Leeds and Boro than many seem to think.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Have we been sussed out? on 21:00 - Dec 1 with 2675 viewsplasmahoop

Have we been sussed out? on 18:39 - Dec 1 by qprd

Yes, I like our first eleven and the way we play, but having 3 strikers and attacking midfielderson unbalances the attack. Definitely an area for Steve to improve on, we've been ahead in more games this year. Last year. Being behind and pumping it up to Smith was quite common. I thought we were better than that now. I think we are, but let's do it better next time.
Have we been sussed out? on 21:05 - Dec 1 with 2658 viewsE17hoop

Have we been sussed out? on 19:45 - Dec 1 by W4Ranger

Totally agree with qprd - BOS should have replaced Pav earlier as his pace and tricks in the 5 mins he had on the pitch scared the Hull defence. Smith did nothing and unbalanced the front 2.

Thought we underestimated them and were 2 down before we got going.

The sub that needed doing was BOS for Freeman. Pace on the left would have destroyed Hull.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Have we been sussed out? on 21:13 - Dec 1 with 2626 viewsParkRoyalR

Bringing Smith on for last 10 had caused us no end of problems in recent games. Strolls on, strolls around, we by-pass our midfield by hitting him long, he is very poor in the air and cannot control a header unless both his feet are firmly planted on the ground, he seems to have vision problems as cannot gauge flight of the ball, opposition defenders then push up past him as too lazy to press and counter attack us, McClaren has to wise up on this one.
Have we been sussed out? on 21:13 - Dec 1 with 2624 viewsqprd

Have we been sussed out? on 21:00 - Dec 1 by plasmahoop

Yes, I like our first eleven and the way we play, but having 3 strikers and attacking midfielderson unbalances the attack. Definitely an area for Steve to improve on, we've been ahead in more games this year. Last year. Being behind and pumping it up to Smith was quite common. I thought we were better than that now. I think we are, but let's do it better next time.

Totally agree

you cant get too mad at Mclaren bc hes figured out our best xi and formation. but he needs to develop a plan b and improve his use of subs
Have we been sussed out? on 21:55 - Dec 1 with 2490 viewsStanisgod

Have we been sussed out? on 21:05 - Dec 1 by E17hoop

The sub that needed doing was BOS for Freeman. Pace on the left would have destroyed Hull.

BOS made the goal from the right. No way take off Freeman. Eze should have gone if anyone.
No idea why Smith came on, just unbalanced everything.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Have we been sussed out? on 23:57 - Dec 1 with 2319 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I think we've got enough in this starting 11 to worry most teams in this division if not all of them.

Bringing BOS on for Freeman that early would have been surprising.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Have we been sussed out? on 02:09 - Dec 2 with 2188 viewstimcocking

I'm not sure of the reason, but it seems to have resulted in a slight drop in confidence unfortunately.

I don't know if we've been sussed out or sh!t, though. Our starts in the last few matches have been a disgrace actually. 10 minutes in last night, we looked worse than any team i've played for. Can't be that bad and literally give away goals. Lynch's pass in the Stoke match in particular was as bad an own goal as you'll ever see.

It always looked like we could score at least.

Bright continued his outstanding form.
Have we been sussed out? on 07:37 - Dec 2 with 2090 viewsjonno

It's quite a concern that we have played three games in a week and shipped seven goals, all against teams at the lower end of the table. It doesn't take opposing sides long to work out where your weaknesses are and I think that is now happening to us. I think McLaren will now go "back to basics" and concentrate on being stronger defensively and be difficult to score against which will mean a less expansive attacking game.
Have we been sussed out? on 09:26 - Dec 2 with 1963 viewsPinnerPaul

I don't think scoring 9 and conceding 9 is being sussed out.

As SMc says on offy, we are now, whether intentional or not, involved in games that are (too?) open.

Therefore with those stats its becoming a bit of a lottery if we win, lose or draw.

The stats prove that - 1 x 3-2 win; 1 x 3-2 loss and 2 x 2-2 draws.

Great entertainment but not as 'consistent' as say the performance v Villa for example
Have we been sussed out? on 09:48 - Dec 2 with 1935 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If their keeper hadn't made those two saves to keep it 2-1 I think we'd have gone on to win it.

I also enjoyed the game even though it was a bit scappy in places.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Have we been sussed out? on 09:53 - Dec 2 with 1926 viewsdavman

Agree, but Mcclaren does not seem to take Freeman or Eze off that often...
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 21:57]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Have we been sussed out? on 19:40 - Dec 2 with 1648 viewsderbyhoop

Have we been sussed out? on 18:35 - Dec 1 by Rs_Holy

I thought it was a real Jekyll and Hyde performance today. Some lovely build up play and plenty of chances created but we only did this in small patches and for the most part didn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck!
The defence made too many mistakes, the midfield at times looked really slow ponderous (in particular Luongo who seemed to be jogging about for most of the game), this left the attack exposed and lacking service.
Hull are really not very good but we gifted them a win today and the frustration of this was compounded by an incompetent ref who did bugger all about the time wasting and only added 4 minutes injury time at the end even though all 6 subs had been used… We can play much better than today by simply sustaining the good bits of play for longer periods in the game.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 18:59]

Agree with most of that, but not the bit about Luongo, who, I thought, was comfortably our best player today. He often picked up the ball in space and tried to drive us forward.
The defence (all of them) looked ponderous and we could easily have conceded 4 in the first half. Despite being the better side for most of it.
Second half we never got going. They managed good quick link ups between Campbell, Irvine, Gosicki and Bowen and cut us open far too much.

I thought Eze and Freeman contributed too little, being caught in possession far too often. That meant limited service to Wells. And the first 2 substitutes (Big Smith and Hemed) did nothing

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024