Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 09:12 - Dec 5 with 4068 viewsNorthernr

Les Ferdinand the studio guest.

An evening with Les Ferdinand — Podcast 5th Dec 2018 09:11
QPR director of football Les Ferdinand is the special guest on this week’s Open All R’s Podcast. 0

This week's podcast on 14:43 - Dec 7 with 1013 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 22:20 - Dec 6 by thame_hoops

Finney gets into some right old ding dongs on Twitter, I don’t know why he doesn’t just ignore

I think I use those exact words to him every single time I see him but for whatever reason he can't help himself.

There are some accounts on there that exist purely to tear down anything and everybody and if you dare to try and run a podcast because you enjoy it and you think other people might like to listen, or run a website like this one because you need a bit of extra money to pay the mortgage and the bills each month, then you can expect to be set upon and repeatedly denounced as "attention seeker" or "wannabe celebrity fan". It used to really get to me, I lost the plot and called whichever weirdo runs that Old Big Head account a cnt one night when he accused me of nicking my own photograph and I've kicked myself for it ever since, but we all know the six or seven accounts that are like that around QPR, you know what the game is and what they want, nothing good comes from replying to them (just another barrage of horrible replies, because they've got you on the hook), and if you just ignore them they rattle round in their own echo chamber just replying to each other until somebody else bites.

I used to dread my phone going off, used to keep me awake at night, destroyed my confidence in writing for this site, made me really miserable at times. Pop them on ignore, and they're gone, quality of life improved no end. I don't know why Fin won't follow the advice and do the same. The worst thing you can do is reply to them.

That said I'm not sure the point they're all getting het up about on this week's pod, about QPR being all an all white crowd and needing to do something about it, is one I buy into entirely. Yes, football crowds in general, including ours, do seem majority white compared to what's going on on the pitch and in the streets around the ground. But I think QPR are one of the best and most inclusive clubs, with one or the more diverse fan bases, so it seemed an odd stick to hit them with.

This post has been edited by an administrator
This week's podcast on 16:25 - Dec 7 with 907 viewstoboboly

This week's podcast on 14:43 - Dec 7 by Northernr

I think I use those exact words to him every single time I see him but for whatever reason he can't help himself.

There are some accounts on there that exist purely to tear down anything and everybody and if you dare to try and run a podcast because you enjoy it and you think other people might like to listen, or run a website like this one because you need a bit of extra money to pay the mortgage and the bills each month, then you can expect to be set upon and repeatedly denounced as "attention seeker" or "wannabe celebrity fan". It used to really get to me, I lost the plot and called whichever weirdo runs that Old Big Head account a cnt one night when he accused me of nicking my own photograph and I've kicked myself for it ever since, but we all know the six or seven accounts that are like that around QPR, you know what the game is and what they want, nothing good comes from replying to them (just another barrage of horrible replies, because they've got you on the hook), and if you just ignore them they rattle round in their own echo chamber just replying to each other until somebody else bites.

I used to dread my phone going off, used to keep me awake at night, destroyed my confidence in writing for this site, made me really miserable at times. Pop them on ignore, and they're gone, quality of life improved no end. I don't know why Fin won't follow the advice and do the same. The worst thing you can do is reply to them.

That said I'm not sure the point they're all getting het up about on this week's pod, about QPR being all an all white crowd and needing to do something about it, is one I buy into entirely. Yes, football crowds in general, including ours, do seem majority white compared to what's going on on the pitch and in the streets around the ground. But I think QPR are one of the best and most inclusive clubs, with one or the more diverse fan bases, so it seemed an odd stick to hit them with.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Agree somewhat with the whole race thing. I don't think having some different types of people on the FA board will suddenly get a surge of Asian people turning up at football. It is mainly a cultural thing, go to the cricket and you will see lots of British Asians going to games. I work with an Asian lad and he loves football, wouldn't cross the road to watch it live, it is just the way he is and many others are.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

This week's podcast on 16:47 - Dec 7 with 885 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I didn't realise that the podcast crew did it for nothing. Fair play to them.

I might crack a joke about Finney interviewing himself but it's worth repeating that we're damn lucky to have the podcast and they do a great job, for free as it turns out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This week's podcast on 17:02 - Dec 7 with 872 viewsNorthernr

This week's podcast on 16:47 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I didn't realise that the podcast crew did it for nothing. Fair play to them.

I might crack a joke about Finney interviewing himself but it's worth repeating that we're damn lucky to have the podcast and they do a great job, for free as it turns out.

The thing is the coverage once you're out of the Premier League drops off a cliff. So if you've got a website like this or a podcast like that for a club like ours then you might enjoy it and find it useful. You might not, in which case it's easy to not listen or read. You might, but disagree with what's said, and strike up a debate with the people that run it. I get all of that.

I don't get slagging the people off who, for whatever reason, do want to run a site or a podcast purely for doing it.
This week's podcast on 17:08 - Dec 7 with 860 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This week's podcast on 17:02 - Dec 7 by Northernr

The thing is the coverage once you're out of the Premier League drops off a cliff. So if you've got a website like this or a podcast like that for a club like ours then you might enjoy it and find it useful. You might not, in which case it's easy to not listen or read. You might, but disagree with what's said, and strike up a debate with the people that run it. I get all of that.

I don't get slagging the people off who, for whatever reason, do want to run a site or a podcast purely for doing it.

"I don't get slagging the people off who, for whatever reason, do want to run a site or a podcast purely for doing it."

I'll explain it to you, Clive. They're idiots.

This week's podcast on 19:00 - Dec 7 with 791 viewskingshill

Love the irony of asking a black man who was brought up a stones throw from the ground and supported Tottenham why black kids these days brought up a stones throw from the ground don't go to QPR......

She thinks she's really right on & addressing a major race issue. They don't support us because we're not cool, nothing more than that.
Most of the white men she despises that go every week do so because it's in our blood through generations and will continue through into the future.
It's exactly the same with mates of mine from ethnic communities, their kids have the bug through their parents.

If we're cool people of all colours will come, you see loads of black people now supporting Chelsea despite what they are and always have been. they don't care because it's cool to support them
This week's podcast on 19:22 - Dec 7 with 776 viewsqprd

This week's podcast on 19:00 - Dec 7 by kingshill

Love the irony of asking a black man who was brought up a stones throw from the ground and supported Tottenham why black kids these days brought up a stones throw from the ground don't go to QPR......

She thinks she's really right on & addressing a major race issue. They don't support us because we're not cool, nothing more than that.
Most of the white men she despises that go every week do so because it's in our blood through generations and will continue through into the future.
It's exactly the same with mates of mine from ethnic communities, their kids have the bug through their parents.

If we're cool people of all colours will come, you see loads of black people now supporting Chelsea despite what they are and always have been. they don't care because it's cool to support them

was there a separate podcast I listened to? i'm not sure how you concluded these things from what was said, or why you singled out the girl, who didn't editorialize at all and only stated facts, when the others made similar comments/expressed stronger opinions

I also don't understand the victim complex...
This week's podcast on 19:53 - Dec 7 with 749 viewsRangersw12

This week's podcast on 19:22 - Dec 7 by qprd

was there a separate podcast I listened to? i'm not sure how you concluded these things from what was said, or why you singled out the girl, who didn't editorialize at all and only stated facts, when the others made similar comments/expressed stronger opinions

I also don't understand the victim complex...

Her tweets after the podcast is what has got everyone worked up about
Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 20:14 - Dec 7 with 735 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've read through a lot of her tweets just now and it seems to me that she has said nothing against QPR and as stated many facts that are self-evident. She sounds clam and logical to me from what I read.

This week's podcast on 03:42 - Dec 8 with 636 viewsSonofNorfolt

Except that the questions are barking up the wrong tree.
It's a bigger picture. certainly not a problem at QPR, our support encompasses anybody who cares to take an interest, creed or colour is not a consideration to the best of my knowledge. Unfortunately the last few seasons have seen Rangers, from a neutral perspective, change from much admired to much despised.
Does anyone question the lack of Chinese nationals watching live football?
I would have asked Les why he never got a kick during Euro 96. when at times he would have been the perfect sub?
Or what his thoughts were about signings like Conor Washington in which he was involved in?
Do you get my continental drift?

This week's podcast on 08:09 - Dec 8 with 607 viewsDiscodroids

Having looked through finneys and flo lloyd Hughes twitter account to see what the knees up muvva brown was all about, i'm left in no doubt that if i were entombed with them in a fall out shelter waiting for the salted earth to irradiate for a 1000 years, we would have fu ck all accord on anything outside our love for QPR.

I have more in common with the DNA of stock piled tins of beef broth big soup and chick peas and would be seeking dialogue with the chemical toilet more than the pair of them but for the life of me, i can't see what the gamma ray rage directed at them is all about. What am i missing?. Something about Blokes Getting manicures and their Hair Cut??

I'm Lost with it all.. I feel like i've crossed over into Cronenbergs Videodrome.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 8:18]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

This week's podcast on 11:14 - Dec 8 with 549 viewsBrisbaneR

A couple of things...I met the blokes who run the podcast a couple of years back, David Fraser and Paul Finney plus Chris Charles. I'd listened like everyone else and preferred David's style of presenting, liked Chris's comments and thought that Finney went on a bit too much (usually about himself)
They invited me on the show and I realised how easy and natural they made the conversation sound, while I floundered - I understand they've done this a bit now, but none are professionals and they make it sound easy while doing it FOR FREE. A nicer bunch of blokes you would not meet, Finney in particular looked after me like a long lost (Rangers) brother and I'd never met him before - I was very pleasantly surprised.

As for the podcast, was anyone else as impressed as I was with what Les did actually say and the way he said it? Nice to hear someone who appears unaffected by his fame, and from a fairly humble background, providing intelligent, articulate and insightful comments. I'd thought before that we are lucky to have him and listening reinforced that belief.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024