Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 09:12 - Dec 5 with 4064 viewsNorthernr

Les Ferdinand the studio guest.

An evening with Les Ferdinand — Podcast 5th Dec 2018 09:11
QPR director of football Les Ferdinand is the special guest on this week’s Open All R’s Podcast. 0

This week's podcast on 09:14 - Dec 5 with 3046 viewsrichranger

Just listening now - best QPR podcast ever!
This week's podcast on 09:53 - Dec 5 with 2988 viewsDiscodroids

Will have a listen this afternoon when i'm painting my cast iron staircase spindles.

Before the Les Interview Get's going, i'm hoping for a 9 minute anecdote from the panel about a fictional former KGB Assassain and Supernumerary nipple'd golden gun for hire and his brusque off screen manner to supporting cast members and stage crew Subordinates .
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 10:12]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

This week's podcast on 10:07 - Dec 5 with 2991 viewssimmo

I wish this was on the official pod...

Someone let me know if it's worth a listen

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This week's podcast on 11:01 - Dec 5 with 2924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just listening to the start of it. So far, we've had six minutes of Finney interviewing himself.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 11:04]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This week's podcast on 11:19 - Dec 5 with 2892 viewstimcocking

Great, can't wait to listen...
This week's podcast on 11:26 - Dec 5 with 2880 viewsdaveB

Not had a chance to listen yet, do they ask him about his current role? Podcast always been quite critical asking what he does so an ideal chance to find out
This week's podcast on 11:42 - Dec 5 with 2842 viewsDiscodroids

Sadly No James Bond Anecdote this week but Finney was in the role of Eamonn Andrews with his big red book , with Les as the special guest. A Very interesting and enjoyable listen when one is getting handy with the satinwood .5" bristle brush about ones home.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 11:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

This week's podcast on 12:37 - Dec 5 with 2784 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very enjoyable. Liked the panellists and Ferdinand was great guest.

The conversation was mostly about his playing days but veered into interesting areas and observations.

Well done to all.

Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 13:02 - Dec 5 with 2731 viewsPunteR

This week's podcast on 11:42 - Dec 5 by Discodroids

Sadly No James Bond Anecdote this week but Finney was in the role of Eamonn Andrews with his big red book , with Les as the special guest. A Very interesting and enjoyable listen when one is getting handy with the satinwood .5" bristle brush about ones home.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 11:43]

5" bristle brush to paint stair spindles.? I like your style Droids. No messing about.. 2 spindles at a time.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This week's podcast on 13:21 - Dec 5 with 2693 viewsDiscodroids

This week's podcast on 13:02 - Dec 5 by PunteR

5" bristle brush to paint stair spindles.? I like your style Droids. No messing about.. 2 spindles at a time.

.5" for the spindles Jody. But judging by the state of 'em before i sanded them, the geezer before me painted them with Triggers Broom.

This week's podcast on 15:23 - Dec 5 with 2599 viewsthame_hoops

Disappointed we didn’t have anyone from rainbow rangers on 🌈
This week's podcast on 15:34 - Dec 5 with 2579 viewsPunteR

This week's podcast on 13:21 - Dec 5 by Discodroids

.5" for the spindles Jody. But judging by the state of 'em before i sanded them, the geezer before me painted them with Triggers Broom.

Soz didnt notice the decimal point..:)
.5" brush? You must be on a day rate..lol ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This week's podcast on 16:22 - Dec 5 with 2527 viewsTheChef

'An evening with Evil Les' shurely?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

This week's podcast on 16:36 - Dec 5 with 2508 viewsdaveB

It was an enjoyable pod but did feel like a missed opportunity.
The number of times Finney and the others on the pod question Ferdinands role and decisions made this would have been a good time to ask him about the thinking behind why he made those decisions.
This week's podcast on 16:59 - Dec 5 with 2476 viewslondonscottish

It was a great pod.

Amongst other things it was interesting to hear Les talk about racism, the documentary he did recently with Ian Wright and his ambivalence around JT.

But also great to hear about his playing days and then his return to the club.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

This week's podcast on 23:00 - Dec 5 with 2248 viewsVancouverHoop

Finney's a great guy I'm sure, but a good interviewer says very little themselves and gets the interviewee to speak. I'd have liked more input from Flo who, when she did ask something was concise and on point.
This week's podcast on 00:05 - Dec 6 with 2209 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This week's podcast on 16:36 - Dec 5 by daveB

It was an enjoyable pod but did feel like a missed opportunity.
The number of times Finney and the others on the pod question Ferdinands role and decisions made this would have been a good time to ask him about the thinking behind why he made those decisions.

True.

Finney mentioned from the off that the interview would concentrate mostly on the playing days and it sounded as if it was an editorial decision rather than being a wish of Ferdinand's, who was very open all through the pod. If it was an editorial decision, I can't think why.

This week's podcast on 04:09 - Dec 6 with 2165 viewstimcocking

This week's podcast on 11:01 - Dec 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Just listening to the start of it. So far, we've had six minutes of Finney interviewing himself.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 11:04]

Lol.

I think a guest of such stature, he's not there to hear about our lives really, let's hear what Les has to say.

Ps I wouldn't agree at all Les single handedly kept us up for several seasons. Ok, we went down when he was sold, but we had an absolutely superb team playing with Les and that's probably doing them a massive disservice.

Pps I'm also scarred by the Premiership. Sends shivers down my spine.

Ppps Where i grew up, i'd say i never knew a single racist person, not one. Never heard a single comment other than what would have been meant as banter. Don't know what the hell you guys were on about there. Imo, almost nobody in their right mind in Britain gives a toss about anybodies' skin colour, or not beyond what is basic human nature. Only the proper morons, who just hate in general. That isn't racism, that's an arsehole. I just don't accept it. Definitely not where i come from, none of what you said represented my experiences. Like listening to the daily mail podcast. What are you talking so much politics for in a football show? I'm really not sure you are qualified and i'd take serious issue with some of what i heard there. This is part of the problem, not the solution.

I used to live with my black ex girlfriend for about three years. Having grown up in Cornwall, i honestly never once even thought about the fact that might have been somebody who didn't approve, never crossed my mind. Never heard a comment, never caught a glance. To me, maybe i'm just being naive, but it's as if i'm listening to you talk about aliens. Don't know what you're on about. If there are less asians at the football, i'd suggest there are less asians who want to go/play football. I have a half caste child in fact. Not sure i'd even thought about it until now. So what? Who cares? Does even one person on this forum give a sh!t about anybodies' skin colour? I doubt it. To me, it's just media selling their bullsh!t.

Of course everybodies' welcome at Loftus Road.

The only racism i hear is about ginger haired people, who for some strange reason it is still somehow ok to abuse.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 5:39]
This week's podcast on 08:05 - Dec 6 with 2046 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree about the comment that Ferdinand kept us in the Premier League for years sing-handedly. I don't think it was meant literally, to be fair. Either way, in his six seasons in the first team we finished 11th, 12th, 11th, 5th, 9th and finally 8th, so it doesn't really stack.

As for the racism, I thought it was an excellent and reasoned discussion. I'm glad you didn't witness any. Everybody's experience is different. I experienced lots, and was subjected to lots. That's how it goes.

This week's podcast on 16:42 - Dec 6 with 1897 viewsSonofNorfolt

Actually it was a good opportunity missed.
Les was being fairly honest and he was not really asked anything that would have gained us a greater insight to his role within the club along with what has gone on since he has been here.
The interviewees were not knowledgeable enough to push him on these matters which is a shame.
This week's podcast on 17:55 - Dec 6 with 1854 viewsNov77

I kept thinking of questions I would have asked had I been there, like if les has ever spoken to John terry since the incident, and if not what would he say to him.

Sadly, finney is from the Richard Madeley school of interviewing in that he would far rather tell his own anecdotes than actually listen to any from the other person.

I imagine if he’d ever met Neil Armstrong he would spend the whole time regaling him with tales of how he used to watch button moon as a child.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

This week's podcast on 19:54 - Dec 6 with 1768 viewslondonscottish

This week's podcast on 17:55 - Dec 6 by Nov77

I kept thinking of questions I would have asked had I been there, like if les has ever spoken to John terry since the incident, and if not what would he say to him.

Sadly, finney is from the Richard Madeley school of interviewing in that he would far rather tell his own anecdotes than actually listen to any from the other person.

I imagine if he’d ever met Neil Armstrong he would spend the whole time regaling him with tales of how he used to watch button moon as a child.

I don't think anyone can really have a dig at Finney because let's not forget he's volunteering his time to do this are all the others.

Fair enough David Fraser has a more structured approach but none of us are putting in the legwork week in week out.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

This week's podcast on 21:37 - Dec 6 with 1708 viewsenfieldargh

This week's podcast on 19:54 - Dec 6 by londonscottish

I don't think anyone can really have a dig at Finney because let's not forget he's volunteering his time to do this are all the others.

Fair enough David Fraser has a more structured approach but none of us are putting in the legwork week in week out.

I thought Finney was excellent best I've heard from him, when he did do a Ronnie Corbett ramble it was almost to the point

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

This week's podcast on 22:20 - Dec 6 with 1686 viewsthame_hoops

This week's podcast on 19:54 - Dec 6 by londonscottish

Finney gets into some right old ding dongs on Twitter, I don’t know why he doesn’t just ignore
This week's podcast on 14:14 - Dec 7 with 1532 viewsderbyhoop

Some good stories from Les. Could have done with more insight into his current role, not just the mess we were in when he came back.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024