Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 21:05 - Dec 6 with 3157 views2Thomas2Bowles

lead singer of punk rock band Buzzcocks,
R I P

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 21:31 - Dec 6 with 2500 viewsmarkrtid

R.I.P

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 21:35 - Dec 6 with 2476 viewsDiscodroids

Let us be thankful we had Pete Shelley .

Play more Buzzcocks. Play more now. Play. And be happy.

Rip

[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 22:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 21:43 - Dec 6 with 2464 viewsDannyPaddox

Genius songwriter, musician, and vocalist. The Buzzcocks stuff was so iconic that people tend to overlook his solo stuff. For me just as tremendous and timeless. R.I.P

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 21:55 - Dec 6 with 2448 viewsdezzar

Sixteen again ,Autonomy, Love is lies,IBelive so many classic tunes RIP Pete
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 22:15 - Dec 6 with 2406 viewsbosh67

Very sad. great artist. Suspected heart attack. RIP.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 22:27 - Dec 6 with 2395 viewsbillericaydicky

I'm gutted by this news. What a legend in terms of songwriting and a musical talent, miles ahead of his time.

I had the privilege of seeing Buzzcocks twice this year at Hatfield and Chelmsford and booked to see them at the RAH next June.

Another big part of my teenage years has disappeared.

RIP and condolences to the family.
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 22:32 - Dec 6 with 2386 viewsflynnbo

Another one gone before his time. RIP Pete.
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 22:46 - Dec 6 with 2362 viewsMrSheen

Terribly sad. Some great memories, thanks Pete.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 22:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 23:43 - Dec 6 with 2315 viewslondonscottish

Oh fkkk. RIP. Great tunes great memories.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 02:17 - Dec 7 with 2261 viewstimcocking

Damn. Great band, one of the best tracks of all time.
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 05:52 - Dec 7 with 2212 viewsHayesender

In my top 10 bands of all time. RIP Pete

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 06:16 - Dec 7 with 2209 viewsRs_Holy

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 21:43 - Dec 6 by DannyPaddox

Genius songwriter, musician, and vocalist. The Buzzcocks stuff was so iconic that people tend to overlook his solo stuff. For me just as tremendous and timeless. R.I.P

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 06:52 - Dec 7 with 2196 viewsdistortR

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 06:16 - Dec 7 by Rs_Holy

just some great tunes and such an influence on later bands.

Sad.
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 08:37 - Dec 7 with 2151 viewsMonahoop

Good band the Buzzcocks. Saw many punk bands, but alas not the Buzzcocks. I liked many of their humour tinted and creative songs, something far less acerbic and political than the rasping Pistols stuff at the time.

RIP Pete.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 10:14 - Dec 7 with 2081 viewssmegma

FIrst album I ever owned was Another Music In A Different Kitchen in 1978. Still THE best album committed to vinyl. The best Christmas present I have ever received aged 15. Pete became my instant 'guitar hero'. First time I ever saw them was at Hammersmith Odeon in 79. I was fortunate to see them 3 times in their first incarnation. I was gutted when they split. In September 1989 I bought my first CD Walkman. That very day the Product Box Set was released on CD in time for the Reunion Tour. To this day, BuzZcocks at Brixton Academy in 1989 is my all time favourite gig. Imagine fast forwarding the clock to 2003 and becoming friends with the band?? Speaking to him at gigs was like a dream come true for that spotty little kid from 1978. Buying him a pint in a pub was always a pleasure. Even to this day I was always star struck in his presence. The last two years he said he was winding down the gigs as he was living abroad and he wasn't a young man. They have spent the last two years just playing festivals. I last them two years ago at the Roundhouse. The gig in June at the Albert Hall was to be the finale on what has been a brilliant career. He was the nicest, sweetest human being you could ever meet. He wasn't perfect but once you was in his circle of friends that was it. There's a saying 'you should never meet your heroes' . Its b0ll0cks. He's my only 'guitar hero'. Wait until you read the tributes from musicians he has inspired over the years.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 14:53]
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 10:27 - Dec 7 with 2070 viewsqpr1976

Oh Sh!t..... 🎤🎸
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 10:30 - Dec 7 with 2066 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ever Fallen In Love is an amazingly good song. When it pops up in among my travel music, I can listen to it ten times in a row, it stirs me up so much. Way too young to go.

RIP.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 10:34 - Dec 7 with 2051 viewslondonscottish

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 10:14 - Dec 7 by smegma

FIrst album I ever owned was Another Music In A Different Kitchen in 1978. Still THE best album committed to vinyl. The best Christmas present I have ever received aged 15. Pete became my instant 'guitar hero'. First time I ever saw them was at Hammersmith Odeon in 79. I was fortunate to see them 3 times in their first incarnation. I was gutted when they split. In September 1989 I bought my first CD Walkman. That very day the Product Box Set was released on CD in time for the Reunion Tour. To this day, BuzZcocks at Brixton Academy in 1989 is my all time favourite gig. Imagine fast forwarding the clock to 2003 and becoming friends with the band?? Speaking to him at gigs was like a dream come true for that spotty little kid from 1978. Buying him a pint in a pub was always a pleasure. Even to this day I was always star struck in his presence. The last two years he said he was winding down the gigs as he was living abroad and he wasn't a young man. They have spent the last two years just playing festivals. I last them two years ago at the Roundhouse. The gig in June at the Albert Hall was to be the finale on what has been a brilliant career. He was the nicest, sweetest human being you could ever meet. He wasn't perfect but once you was in his circle of friends that was it. There's a saying 'you should never meet your heroes' . Its b0ll0cks. He's my only 'guitar hero'. Wait until you read the tributes from musicians he has inspired over the years.

I went to that gig at the Academy.

One of the very few gigs that I went to know where I knew and loved every single song and new all of the lyrics (much to my surprise - I had no idea that they'd got under my skin in that way).

It was 90 minutes of pure melodic punk/pop pleasure.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 13:20 - Dec 7 with 1959 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Absolutely godamn right.............and here's a lesser known tune but as always with The Buzzcocks a couple of minutes of pure pop punk genius.

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 15:17 - Dec 7 with 1886 viewssmegma

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 05:52 - Dec 7 by Hayesender

In my top 10 bands of all time. RIP Pete

In my top 1.
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 13:18 - Dec 8 with 1713 viewsTonto

Nice tribute from the Charletans last night...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 13:44 - Dec 8 with 1699 viewssmegma

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 13:18 - Dec 8 by Tonto

Nice tribute from the Charletans last night...

and the SKids
Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 15:02 - Dec 8 with 1657 viewsSimonJames

Awesome band, awesome bloke. I still play them all the time. My personal favourite:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 15:23 - Dec 8 with 1637 viewshubble

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 10:14 - Dec 7 by smegma

That's a sweet tribute mate, Pete Shelley was undoubtedly on of the genuine greats, unique and true to himself. But one point: the Buzzcocks with Shelley fronting was their second incarnation, their first being with Howard Devoto as the front man, who also co-wrote with Shelley possibly THE seminal punk album, Spiral Scratch.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 15:38 - Dec 8 with 1623 viewsBoston

Pete Shelley Gone at 63 on 15:23 - Dec 8 by hubble

That's a sweet tribute mate, Pete Shelley was undoubtedly on of the genuine greats, unique and true to himself. But one point: the Buzzcocks with Shelley fronting was their second incarnation, their first being with Howard Devoto as the front man, who also co-wrote with Shelley possibly THE seminal punk album, Spiral Scratch.

I’d say he knows that.

Agree about Spiral Scratch, still enjoy listening to one of the seminal punk ‘EP’s’.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 15:41]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024