Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report 14:26 - Dec 9 with 2808 viewsNorthernr

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report 9th Dec 2018 14:15
Leeds won for a fourth game in a row, and QPR slipped to four without a win, in a controversial match at rain-lashed Elland Road on Saturday afternoon. 10

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 14:43 - Dec 9 with 2765 viewsPinnerPaul

Seen the pen now, certainly looks like TL moves his arm towards the ball but for the life of me can't see any actual contact on the two angles we see on the highlights.

As far as ref seeing it, he could be advised by AR in his ear.

That would be the method used at this level - it avoids players rushing over to the AR and berating him.
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 15:19 - Dec 9 with 2700 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive for a balanced report. Sounds like we could have nicked a point but probably didn’t deserve it.

Saw a clip of the nasty challenge that crocked Cameron and cant believe the referee didn’t issue at least a yellow card. Suspect some refs might have seen it as a red.

Worried about Scowen this season - booked straight after he came on, which reduces his effectiveness for the rest of the match. Maybe trying to hard to impress. Needs to use his head in choosing when to make challenges. Maybe he should seek out Shaun Derry for advice.
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 15:53 - Dec 9 with 2632 viewsPunteR

Surely the club will get hit with a fine or something for their fans behavior? Throwing bottles and coins is bang out of order.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 17:26 - Dec 9 with 2470 viewsbosh67

I don't think Matt Smith could buy a penalty if the opponents ran him over in the area with their team bus. The ref would award a foul against him for damaging their headlights. Unbelievable how many times he's been blatantly hauled to the ground.

As for Leeds getting fined for their fans throwing coins and bottles at Freeman the ref's report will probably say that his haircut and the colour of the away shirt antagonised them. On the plus side do the coins add to our annual profits?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 17:43 - Dec 9 with 2443 viewscolinallcars

Depressing to read of our first half time wasting. I know many fans call it professionalism, and we should do it because many other teams do, I hate it. It has no place in sport.
Call me old-fashioned.
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 07:10 - Dec 10 with 1883 viewsAussieRs

Terrific and fair report, as ever thanks Clive. Head in hands at 220am watching opening barrage by Leeds then Rangers resilient.

I must mention one thing however - Freeman. While this was not an easy game to play in for sure, I thought this was by far and away his worst performance. Barely a completed pass, deadball woes, lots of errors and with the last chance of the game, not able to get a corner into the box at all. Perhaps this was the result of all the projectiles aimed at him. Even so, I was really disappointed with him. Hope it was just an off night.
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 08:33 - Dec 10 with 1814 viewsTheChef

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 14:43 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

Seen the pen now, certainly looks like TL moves his arm towards the ball but for the life of me can't see any actual contact on the two angles we see on the highlights.

As far as ref seeing it, he could be advised by AR in his ear.

That would be the method used at this level - it avoids players rushing over to the AR and berating him.

At best it looks like it hit the top half of his arm. Such a soft decision, the ref was barely up with play and seemed to have to look through the back of Leistner to give the decision.

Interesting what you say about the AR, although I'd much rather they still flag so that you know they have had some influence on the referee!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 09:23 - Dec 10 with 1754 viewsPinnerPaul

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 08:33 - Dec 10 by TheChef

At best it looks like it hit the top half of his arm. Such a soft decision, the ref was barely up with play and seemed to have to look through the back of Leistner to give the decision.

Interesting what you say about the AR, although I'd much rather they still flag so that you know they have had some influence on the referee!

I agree with you about ARs, but as in life, refereeing dose follow 'trends' - it seems to me to be the trend at the top levels for the ARs to flag (for fouls) as little as possible. How much communication through the earpieces there is, we will never know.

I did meet a FL AR who I've seen at LR a few times since, if I run into him again, I will definitely ask!
Login to get fewer ads

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 09:40 - Dec 10 with 1743 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks for the report Clive. I managed to watch from our goal to Cameron's injury, had to listen to the rest, which if the tackle was intentional was very (wreckless?) naughty.

Concerned now about the injuries to Cameron and Rangel. This may mean enforced changes rather then desirable/necessary ones.

As for the bottles and coins, same as the scum, unreconstructed idiots who think we are still living in the 70s.
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 11:13 - Dec 10 with 1663 viewsfrancisbowles

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 09:23 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

I agree with you about ARs, but as in life, refereeing dose follow 'trends' - it seems to me to be the trend at the top levels for the ARs to flag (for fouls) as little as possible. How much communication through the earpieces there is, we will never know.

I did meet a FL AR who I've seen at LR a few times since, if I run into him again, I will definitely ask!

It seems the wrong approach to me Paul. Football is a spectator sport, especially at the levels we are discussing. Communication is key, there is enough confusion about referees decisions and the everchanging Laws of the Game amongst the fans already.

There was a time when referees weren't supposed to give non approved visible indicators or gestures of why they had given a decision but we have moved on from there. This seems a backward step.

It is up to the ref (as well as the clubs) with the backing of the FA to control the players. We shouldn't be sacrificing clarity for the paying public because referees are hesitant to use the full force of the rules.
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 12:58 - Dec 10 with 1554 viewsPinnerPaul

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 11:13 - Dec 10 by francisbowles

It seems the wrong approach to me Paul. Football is a spectator sport, especially at the levels we are discussing. Communication is key, there is enough confusion about referees decisions and the everchanging Laws of the Game amongst the fans already.

There was a time when referees weren't supposed to give non approved visible indicators or gestures of why they had given a decision but we have moved on from there. This seems a backward step.

It is up to the ref (as well as the clubs) with the backing of the FA to control the players. We shouldn't be sacrificing clarity for the paying public because referees are hesitant to use the full force of the rules.

Bad news FB - although I personally disagree we are advised NOT to visually explain decisions.

The LOTG actually says 'Body language is NOT an explanation of decisions'!
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 14:57 - Dec 10 with 1419 viewsBklynRanger

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 15:19 - Dec 9 by Noelmc

Thanks Clive for a balanced report. Sounds like we could have nicked a point but probably didn’t deserve it.

Saw a clip of the nasty challenge that crocked Cameron and cant believe the referee didn’t issue at least a yellow card. Suspect some refs might have seen it as a red.

Worried about Scowen this season - booked straight after he came on, which reduces his effectiveness for the rest of the match. Maybe trying to hard to impress. Needs to use his head in choosing when to make challenges. Maybe he should seek out Shaun Derry for advice.

I thought it was a definite red. Of course the fool would have had to have seen it first. Cameron was mixing it up and Phillips came in and, very successfully and gratuitously, retaliated.

And it may be naive of me in these modern times but I didn't really like a few of our players shaking hands with Phillips afterwards either.
Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 01:47 - Dec 11 with 1086 viewstimcocking

Roofe plagues R's again in tale of two penalties - Report on 17:43 - Dec 9 by colinallcars

Depressing to read of our first half time wasting. I know many fans call it professionalism, and we should do it because many other teams do, I hate it. It has no place in sport.
Call me old-fashioned.

I think it's absolutely shameful. Professionalism my arse. People being fooled by the media again.

These will be the same people who'll be saying loyalty in players doesn't exist anymore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024