Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors 14:38 - Dec 10 with 2544 viewsDannyPaddox

Sounds like a helluva top of the table clash. HT 0-0. Then on 50 minutes a McFlurry of goals. 0-1 Goss / 0-2 Oteh / 1-2 Kakay (og) / 1-3 Smyth/ 2-3 Tractor Jnr. 15 minutes remain. Can the Rs hold on and go top of league? Oh sheep! As I type Tractor Jnr gets an equaliser on 77 now 3-3!

FT: 3-3 Ipswich stay top. Rs 2 points behind. For 20+ minutes QPR were top of the league. A lovely thing to see.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 14:54]
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 14:57 - Dec 10 with 2457 viewssimmo

Finished 3-3?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 15:41 - Dec 10 with 2369 viewssmegma

Aramide Oteh. 14 games . 10 goals. Top scorer in the under 23 leagues all over the country.
Last season scored 18 in 28 at all levels including first team.

Just saying like.
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 15:56 - Dec 10 with 2330 viewssimmo

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 15:41 - Dec 10 by smegma

Aramide Oteh. 14 games . 10 goals. Top scorer in the under 23 leagues all over the country.
Last season scored 18 in 28 at all levels including first team.

Just saying like.

Probably not especially popular and I can see why we did it, but I think once we got Wells, we should have said no to Hemed and stuck with Wells, Smith and Oteh as our strikers for the season.

As it stands I hope we take the opportunity to get Oteh a loan spell somewhere that guarantees him some game time before next season, 23-30 1st team games under his belt is the clear next step in his development as the U23 leagues are too easy for him

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 16:43 - Dec 10 with 2243 viewsfrancisbowles

I would agree with all that Simmo. Of the four late arrivals Hemed adds the least to our performance.

I did think at the time that we needed a back to goal, hold up type but we are better when Wells plays and Hemed rarely makes an impact as a sub.
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:10 - Dec 10 with 2198 viewssimmo

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 16:43 - Dec 10 by francisbowles

I would agree with all that Simmo. Of the four late arrivals Hemed adds the least to our performance.

I did think at the time that we needed a back to goal, hold up type but we are better when Wells plays and Hemed rarely makes an impact as a sub.

Hemed looks heavy and pretty unfit to me. I appreciate he's got a few goals and he's been injured recently, but the difference between him and Wells is pretty stark atm. It's especially frustrating to see him not adding much when we have someone like Oteh banging on the door and making a case in the U23's. It's not as if Oteh didn't show his end product when he played in the 1st team last season either, albeit against a Burton team we dominated.

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:12 - Dec 10 with 2194 viewsrsonist

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 15:56 - Dec 10 by simmo

Probably not especially popular and I can see why we did it, but I think once we got Wells, we should have said no to Hemed and stuck with Wells, Smith and Oteh as our strikers for the season.

As it stands I hope we take the opportunity to get Oteh a loan spell somewhere that guarantees him some game time before next season, 23-30 1st team games under his belt is the clear next step in his development as the U23 leagues are too easy for him

As much optimism as there is hindsight here.

Given the position at the time of signing, the maturity or lack thereof in the squad, and the coming restrictions in January I would say the club did the responsible thing in paying up for the transitional experience.

Also think Oteh is ticking along nicely and according to sensible schedule rather than being held back - as you say, if we find him a good loan and he does well he'll be ready for next season right on track.

No animosity to the guy at all but I could do without Smith as bench option these days though (kind of have to be winning games first for him to be useful as auxiliary defender...)
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:16 - Dec 10 with 2185 viewsrsonist

Also I know we all seemed to suddenly decide 4-2-3-1 is the only thing that suits the squad a while ago but personally I wouldn't mind a change of formation with Hemed and Wells together occasionally, especially when we're chasing games. Like for like subs aren't having a real effect.
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:39 - Dec 10 with 2138 viewsdaveB

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:16 - Dec 10 by rsonist

Also I know we all seemed to suddenly decide 4-2-3-1 is the only thing that suits the squad a while ago but personally I wouldn't mind a change of formation with Hemed and Wells together occasionally, especially when we're chasing games. Like for like subs aren't having a real effect.

At Stoke and Rotherham thats what he did, going to a diamond midfield and playing 2 strikers.
Login to get fewer ads

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 19:27 - Dec 10 with 2006 viewskensalriser

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:10 - Dec 10 by simmo

Hemed looks heavy and pretty unfit to me. I appreciate he's got a few goals and he's been injured recently, but the difference between him and Wells is pretty stark atm. It's especially frustrating to see him not adding much when we have someone like Oteh banging on the door and making a case in the U23's. It's not as if Oteh didn't show his end product when he played in the 1st team last season either, albeit against a Burton team we dominated.

Wouldn't have looked too clever if Wells had got injured, we'd have been back up shit creek sharpish. It would be nice to see Oteh getting some games in though, whether here or on loan.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 20:53 - Dec 10 with 1912 viewsNorthernr

Barry Fry there watching Paul Smyth ahead of a January loan.
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 08:41 - Dec 11 with 1623 viewssimmo

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 19:27 - Dec 10 by kensalriser

Wouldn't have looked too clever if Wells had got injured, we'd have been back up shit creek sharpish. It would be nice to see Oteh getting some games in though, whether here or on loan.

Yeah agreed, but that's a very expensive back up option for a club in a pretty dire financial situation, especially as it also puts another person in front of players that are actually ours. It's also a lot more than Holloway made a good fist with, we still have Sylla too remember.

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 14:24 - Dec 11 with 1427 viewsqprd

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 19:27 - Dec 10 by kensalriser

agreed

after hemed and wells go back on loan, our strikers under contract are going to be sylla (out of the team entirely) and smith

the transfer market for strikers is overheated, and we're not going to get good value there. hard to sign one on a free unless you're willing to overpay on wages. and the loan model, though good in the short-term, is not a sustainable model

basically, we need oteh to be ready to contribute next year as a striker

why does matt smith still get a spot on the bench? I would give that slot to oteh until January, see if we can give him some minutes, and then loan him out to L1 so he's ready to contribute next year
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:25 - Dec 11 with 1338 views00calben

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 20:53 - Dec 10 by Northernr

Barry Fry there watching Paul Smyth ahead of a January loan.

If he's able to break in to the team there, that would be a good move for him
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 00:48 - Dec 12 with 1195 viewscaliforniahoop

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 08:41 - Dec 11 by simmo

Yeah agreed, but that's a very expensive back up option for a club in a pretty dire financial situation, especially as it also puts another person in front of players that are actually ours. It's also a lot more than Holloway made a good fist with, we still have Sylla too remember.

I couldn’t believe no one at the forum asked about Sylla.
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 00:51 - Dec 12 with 1190 viewscaliforniahoop

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 17:25 - Dec 11 by 00calben

If he's able to break in to the team there, that would be a good move for him

Seems to have got his drive back, looked off key early in the season and fir the 23’s but last few games has been on fire, we could end up losing him long term if we are not careful
Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 09:59 - Dec 13 with 999 viewsfrancisbowles

Rs U23 away to Young Boys Tractors on 00:48 - Dec 12 by californiahoop

I couldn’t believe no one at the forum asked about Sylla.

Anyone know what he is doing? Is he fit and training? Doesn't seem to have played a match at any level for months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024