Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 21:10 - Dec 10 with 4118 viewsrichranger

I've noticed that Ryan Manning hasn't played for Rotherham since we played them. I know he couldn't play against us, but seems strange he hasn't played since, as he was doing very well for them. I wonder if he, and Rotherham, have been told he's coming back to us next month so they are making do without him?
Manning on 21:50 - Dec 10 with 3996 viewsbosh67

We need him back. We don't have a player who can slip the ball through to the front players. The only one we have is Eze and he should be on the end of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 07:51 - Dec 11 with 3658 viewsterryb

He did go off injured in the match against Sheffield United.

Perhaps that is the reason.
Manning on 08:24 - Dec 11 with 3606 viewsozexile

We do need him back. Luongo is off to the Asian cup soon.
Manning on 08:38 - Dec 11 with 3587 viewssimmo

He didn't start every game anyway, but could be a niggle, could be that they're playing well without him or perhaps they're getting used to not having him in preperation for us taking him back

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning on 10:29 - Dec 11 with 3427 viewsaston_hoop

Been on the bench last few games, I guess the players ahead of him are doing ok for now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Manning on 15:09 - Dec 11 with 3100 viewsBoston

Recently discovered he is related to someone who works for me. I’ll ask if there’s any inside story.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning on 15:29 - Dec 11 with 3072 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 15:09 - Dec 11 by Boston

Recently discovered he is related to someone who works for me. I’ll ask if there’s any inside story.

I'll save you the trouble - he's not QUITE as good as some on here make out.
Manning on 21:07 - Dec 11 with 2857 viewsLazyFan

Hopefully being rested to return for us in Jan.
Whereby even more fantasy, we ship Cousins out at the same time.

Meanwhile back on planet earth.......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 12:19 - Dec 13 with 2489 viewsmcqpr10

Not sure he's pulled up any trees at there, do think we hype up some of the players that come through the academy too much (bar Eze who i think is special). I would leave him there till the end of the season, not sure he gets in ahead of luongo, cameron or scowen, who despite having a poor season this year, was a regular first name on the sheet performer last year.
Manning on 14:01 - Dec 13 with 2361 viewsqprd

Manning on 15:29 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

he's a young player who hasn't exactly figured out his best position/way to play. he may be overrated by qpr fans, but hes a decent player

the rotherham fans like him, hes been given penalty responsibilities and hes won more than one MOTM

its also possible that rotherham knows hes gone in January and are starting other players in his place
Manning on 14:05 - Dec 13 with 2351 viewssimmo

Manning on 15:29 - Dec 11 by PinnerPaul

But certainly good enough for QPR, even if he's not quite a starter. Yet...

Manning on 14:49 - Dec 13 with 2286 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 14:05 - Dec 13 by simmo

Yeeessssssssssss but we have plenty who can't even get on the bench as it is
Manning on 14:55 - Dec 13 with 2274 viewsrsonist

Manning on 12:19 - Dec 13 by mcqpr10

Not sure he's pulled up any trees at there, do think we hype up some of the players that come through the academy too much (bar Eze who i think is special). I would leave him there till the end of the season, not sure he gets in ahead of luongo, cameron or scowen, who despite having a poor season this year, was a regular first name on the sheet performer last year.

My impression is he's had good games but struggled for consistency (understandably) which basically means he's still working through what we already knew about him when we sent him out. I'd suggest he's better off left there undisrupted if we can at all help it while Luongo's away - unless we have a concrete plan for using him for something more than squad cover.
Manning on 14:56 - Dec 13 with 2271 viewsdavman

Manning on 14:05 - Dec 13 by simmo

...but I would prefer him as back up to Bidwell at LB unless Rangel went over there with Furlong back in on the right....

If he isn't going to play, leave him there for the season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Manning on 15:20 - Dec 13 with 2244 viewssimmo

Manning on 14:49 - Dec 13 by PinnerPaul

Yeeessssssssssss but we have plenty who can't even get on the bench as it is

Well take away the loan signing of Cameron and we've got Scowen, Luongo and Cousins that can play that midfield 2 / box to box type game. He can also play 10, LB and at a push, LM, so a good card to have in the deck.

I would agree that we should keep him at rotherham though, if Luongo wasn't missing for a month.

Manning on 15:45 - Dec 13 with 2201 viewsNorthernr

Manning on 14:55 - Dec 13 by rsonist

My impression is he's had good games but struggled for consistency (understandably) which basically means he's still working through what we already knew about him when we sent him out. I'd suggest he's better off left there undisrupted if we can at all help it while Luongo's away - unless we have a concrete plan for using him for something more than squad cover.

Rotherham guy who does the answers for this site said he started like a house on fire and faded. Which is very similar to what he did for us.
Around the time of the Stoke game I heard the plan was to bring him back and loan Scowen out, who really pissd McClaren off which his Blackpool and Blackburn antics. But that has maybe changed.

I'd bring him back January 1, give him the Luongo role for January, and make a judgement towards the end of the month. Although I think in that circumstance he could only go back to Rotherham. Though I think that's the case anyway, as he did have some minutes for us early in the seaosn. Thinking out loud now.

carry on.
Manning on 16:39 - Dec 13 with 2154 viewsrsonist

Manning on 15:45 - Dec 13 by Northernr

Rotherham guy who does the answers for this site said he started like a house on fire and faded. Which is very similar to what he did for us.
Around the time of the Stoke game I heard the plan was to bring him back and loan Scowen out, who really pissd McClaren off which his Blackpool and Blackburn antics. But that has maybe changed.

I'd bring him back January 1, give him the Luongo role for January, and make a judgement towards the end of the month. Although I think in that circumstance he could only go back to Rotherham. Though I think that's the case anyway, as he did have some minutes for us early in the seaosn. Thinking out loud now.

carry on.

The long-standing unspoken thing about advocating for Manning is that another underdeveloped asset in our still-big squad will get sidelined if he plays. If the club feel certain by now that we don't want to move forward with either Cousins or Scowen then sure, bringing the kid back makes sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024