Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Robinson 09:55 - Dec 18 with 2873 viewsterryb

I have just read on not606 that The Independent are reporting that Michael is suffering from cancer.

Good luck in your fight Michael.
Michael Robinson on 10:00 - Dec 18 with 2834 viewsNorthernr

Michael Robinson on 10:07 - Dec 18 with 2782 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He has reported that it's incurable.

Hope he can fight it for as long as can be, though, and that he has a good quality of life.

Always liked him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michael Robinson on 10:17 - Dec 18 with 2740 viewsenfieldargh

Michael Robinson on 10:00 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Horrid condition, hope he can make a full recovery.

My uncle survived it, his was caused by serving in Burma 1944-45, often just wearing his shorts and boots in the oppressive heat without any skin protection.

Went on to have a long and fulfilled life and passed away this year in his late 90's.

Michael Robinson is one of those big names we signed who really weren't all that.

Others that come to mind are

Sammy Lee
David McCreery
Steve Hodge
Leighton James
Mickey Walsh
Andy KIng

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Michael Robinson on 11:43 - Dec 18 with 2587 viewsfrancisbowles

Michael Robinson on 10:00 - Dec 18 by Northernr

One of my favourite memories, Robinson from the half way line!

Good luck with the fight MR.
Michael Robinson on 11:53 - Dec 18 with 2554 viewsCiderwithRsie

Michael Robinson on 10:07 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

He has reported that it's incurable.

Hope he can fight it for as long as can be, though, and that he has a good quality of life.

Always liked him.

Really sad news. I always liked him too, and that goal was genuinely one of the happiest moments of my life up till then.

Fine sports commentator too. I wish him all the best; a life well-lived and I hope the rest of it is as good as possible.
Michael Robinson on 12:17 - Dec 18 with 2492 viewsTripper

Obviously depends on how aggressive it is but I have a close family member with a treatable not curable diagnosis and still going strong after four years. Hope he gets plenty more time, always a likeable character.
Michael Robinson on 12:28 - Dec 18 with 2451 viewspaulparker

Funny old player was Robinson my old man used to call him a tart as he hardly made a tackle
I will say he was very inconsistent with us but was very good in our milk cup run and that goal against Chelsea will always be remembered
Get well soon robbo and beat this fcuker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Michael Robinson on 13:01 - Dec 18 with 2363 viewsDannyPaddox

I love Robinson's comment on that goal. When complimented on his vision and quick thinking he said something along the lines of, 'I had cramp. I couldn't run so I just hit it!' A fantastic moment on a wonderful wet night watching the ball sail towards us in the away end and in the goal. Get in! All the best to you Micky Robinson. A lot of people wishing you the best!
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Robinson on 13:01 - Dec 18 with 2362 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Michael Robinson on 12:28 - Dec 18 by paulparker

Funny old player was Robinson my old man used to call him a tart as he hardly made a tackle
I will say he was very inconsistent with us but was very good in our milk cup run and that goal against Chelsea will always be remembered
Get well soon robbo and beat this fcuker

Funny, my ol' fella wasn't a fan either. But then, my ol' man was brought up on Gaelic football and hurling and if a lad and his marker had four functioning legs at half-time there was "something wrong with that lad".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michael Robinson on 14:09 - Dec 18 with 2201 viewsYorkRanger

I remember that night well, weather was disgusting and the pitch was a mudbath. Great memories, although a bit hairy getting away afterwards I seem to recall.

I wish him all the very best.
Michael Robinson on 14:40 - Dec 18 with 2145 viewsEsox_Lucius

Along with everyone else on here the Cup goal sticks out in the memory but the other memory I have of MR was him busting a lung haring past the paddocks to the School End and his hamstring snapping. Even from behind the LR goal you could hear it, it was like a rifle shot.
Good luck in your fight Michael and if it isn't to be, as it seems, may the end be peaceful.

The grass is always greener.

Michael Robinson on 18:44 - Dec 18 with 1850 viewsenfieldargh

Michael Robinson on 14:09 - Dec 18 by YorkRanger

I remember that night well, weather was disgusting and the pitch was a mudbath. Great memories, although a bit hairy getting away afterwards I seem to recall.

I wish him all the very best.

We sat in the West Stand as we felt getting away from the away end after the game would be somewhat unwise.

When that and Maccas goals went in we went mental and we survived

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Michael Robinson on 19:04 - Dec 18 with 1821 viewsbosh67

Really wishing him well. Very good player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Michael Robinson on 20:06 - Dec 18 with 1742 viewsloftboy

Great memories of that goal, the following season Chelsea went 3-0 up against us, we scored to make it 3—1 and with about 15 minutes to go the ball cane along the 6 yard box to Robinson who only had to make contact to score, somehow the ball got caught under his studs and it didn’t go in, the momentum we had that half I’m sure we would have had least got a draw had he scored that.
Hope he somehow makes a recovery, would be good to see him on the pitch at half time at some point.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Michael Robinson on 21:20 - Dec 18 with 1633 viewshoopsa

Michael Robinson on 20:06 - Dec 18 by loftboy

Great memories of that goal, the following season Chelsea went 3-0 up against us, we scored to make it 3—1 and with about 15 minutes to go the ball cane along the 6 yard box to Robinson who only had to make contact to score, somehow the ball got caught under his studs and it didn’t go in, the momentum we had that half I’m sure we would have had least got a draw had he scored that.
Hope he somehow makes a recovery, would be good to see him on the pitch at half time at some point.

Good luck Robbo. Stood in the away end that night, your goal at Chelsea brings back so many happy memories. And now my boys know about it too.

Keep on keeping on Mike.
Michael Robinson on 22:24 - Dec 18 with 1539 viewsflynnbo

A great night and a great victory but have no recollection how that cup run ended as it has been deleted from all the official records. Keep battling, Michael.
Michael Robinson on 09:56 - Dec 19 with 1314 viewsbillericaydicky

Very sad to hear this news - I wish Michael all the very best in his fight against this awful disease.

I has the pleasure of meeting Michael in 2004 in a hotel in Madrid before the Spain v England game and he was a thorough gent and fantastic company. He sat with me and a few mates and spoke and drank for hours about football, his time at QPR, his wonder goal at the Bridge and of course the debacle of the final, No airs and graces, just a down to earth football bloke who at the time was a leading light in Spanish TV Sport.

He even joined us after the game and continued to entertain.

The other memories from that night were sadder as it was an ill tempered game and a couple of England players were subject to monkey chants (Ashley Cole and Wright-Phillips from memory).

Best wishes to Michael and his family.
Michael Robinson on 10:15 - Dec 19 with 1297 viewsFearless

Amazing night - not much fun leaving the ground though.

Seem to Remember John Hollins saying after the draw at Loftus Road “wait till we get them on proper grass” or similar - and the we turned up to the swamp.

Bumped into Michael Robinson one summer in a pub on Henley - had a brief chat at the bar and then left him to it.
Me and the late Steve Edwards then went and sat outside in the grass with our girlfriends.
15 minutes later, Robinson comes over with his missus and asks if they could join us for a bit.
Charming man.

Good luck Sir
Michael Robinson on 14:59 - Dec 20 with 1064 viewssmegma

Michael Robinson on 11:43 - Dec 18 by francisbowles

One of my favourite memories, Robinson from the half way line!

Good luck with the fight MR.

What a great time that was. We played them four times in 2 months winning / drawing twice each and scored 10 goals in the process.
Oh for those days again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024