Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? 08:55 - Dec 21 with 5319 viewsToast_R

I know lots of people who go with a Take Away these days but In my house it’s always been a tradition to home cook the old health conscious Fry Up. The works - Egg, bacon, beans, sausage, mushrooms, fat chips with unwhackable bread & butter on the side. Crazy days.

If I’m at the in laws it’s always boiled bacon, mash with Pease Pudding which I'll tolerate but not that struck on.
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:12 - Dec 21 with 3744 viewstoboboly

Going for a Chinese takeaway this year. Nom nom nom

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:17 - Dec 21 with 3730 viewsMick_S

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:12 - Dec 21 by toboboly

Going for a Chinese takeaway this year. Nom nom nom

Sounds more Thai.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:26 - Dec 21 with 3713 viewsPinnerPaul

Good old Wimpy for us!
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:31 - Dec 21 with 3698 viewsDiscodroids

Thai green Curry for Mr and Mrs Disco. Ambrosial.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:32 - Dec 21 with 3704 viewspaulparker

Always gone down the pub as it’s the best drinking day of the year , this is followed by a Chinese
Or a ruby

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:59 - Dec 21 with 3645 viewsKonk

We're hosting my wife's family, and their traditional Christmas Eve is spent eating "Party bits" from M&S, a shed load of cheese, and getting drunk in a steady, responsible manner. "Party bits" - stuff you stick in the oven like pigs in blankets, brie and cranberry parcels, prawns in tempura etc.

My father-in-law always commandeers the remote control/music and he's the worst channel hopper in the world. It's insane. Weirdly, the only thing he ever seems to settle on are Border Force Canada/Australia and any of the Bourne films. The cheeky fuc ker will walk into their front room when we're at their house and turn over Fulham games without a word being said. So I expect to either be watching 12 second blips of every programme scheduled for Freeview that night or to be listening to the local traffic updates on Radio Somerset or something whilst eating shit off a baking tray and stuffing a load of Brie down my cakehole, probably whilst discussing the planning saga that's going on with their next door neighbour. Genuinely lovely, lovely people though.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:59 - Dec 21 with 3644 viewsqprxtc

Get p!ssed, bang on about QPR and/or XTC, annoy everyone and put on some old crap video that I find very funny and then fall asleep on my own in the corner. Farting.
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 3624 viewsCroydonCaptJack

All my family plus my Mum and Dad and my brother and sister and their families go to a Curry House. It seems to have almost become a family tradition over the last ten years or so.
Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 10:09 - Dec 21 with 3606 viewsqprxtc

Nice avatar picture thing there Croydon. Big up from me.
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 10:13 - Dec 21 with 3593 viewsOldPedro

Our Christmas Eve involves some food mid afternoon usually at somewhere like TGI"s with the wife and kids followed by the cinema and then home for a couple of drinks before rushing around trying to remember where we've hidden all the kids presents.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 10:21 - Dec 21 with 3572 viewsMick_S

I am going to make some Keftedes. Get me!

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 10:58 - Dec 21 with 3504 viewsericgen34

Traditional french reveillon here

- Oysters and terrine de foie gras
- Pan fried foie gras on mango and ginger bread with balsamic vinegar sauce
- Crab with mayonnaise
- Beef en croûte with chestnuts and ceps stuffing, served with truffle mashed potatoes
- cheeses
- Buche de Noel glacee
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:07 - Dec 21 with 3486 viewsMick_S

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 10:58 - Dec 21 by ericgen34

- Crab with mayonnaise
- Beef en croûte with chestnuts and ceps stuffing, served with truffle mashed potatoes
- cheeses
- Buche de Noel glacee

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:12 - Dec 21 with 3465 viewsJuzzie

Plov, I reckon.
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:16 - Dec 21 with 3457 viewshubble

- Crab with mayonnaise
- cheeses
- Buche de Noel glacee

Blimey.

Sparkling wine and scrabble for me this year, with my scrabble loving friends in a lovely old house in the Peak District. Proper rock'n'roll. I hope it snows.
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:18 - Dec 21 with 3447 viewsKonk

- Crab with mayonnaise
- cheeses
- Buche de Noel glacee

Can you not get Wotsits and Matchmakers in France? X

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:22 - Dec 21 with 3428 viewsMick_S

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:18 - Dec 21 by Konk

Can you not get Wotsits and Matchmakers in France? X

'Ave it.

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:50 - Dec 21 with 3381 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 10:09 - Dec 21 by qprxtc

Nice avatar picture thing there Croydon. Big up from me.

Cheers mate.
I saw XTC a couple of times back then but can't actually remember if it was at the Croydon Greyhound or not. It was a great Punk/New Wave venue as you can see from the line ups for the weeks on that poster.
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:51 - Dec 21 with 3377 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:16 - Dec 21 by hubble

Blimey.

Sparkling wine and scrabble for me this year, with my scrabble loving friends in a lovely old house in the Peak District. Proper rock'n'roll. I hope it snows.

I spent a week in the Summer in the Peak District Hud.
Lovely place.
Enjoy.
Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 12:51 - Dec 21 with 3306 viewspaulparker

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 11:51 - Dec 21 by CroydonCaptJack

I spent a week in the Summer in the Peak District Hud.
Lovely place.
Enjoy.

From years of raving in warehouses and clubs to weekends playing scrabble in the Peak District , it’s funny how 20/30 years changes people captain

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 12:54 - Dec 21 with 3300 viewsR_from_afar

- Crab with mayonnaise
- cheeses
- Buche de Noel glacee

I'm just starting the car. What's your address?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 12:56 - Dec 21 with 3297 viewsheadhoops

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 09:59 - Dec 21 by Konk

We're hosting my wife's family, and their traditional Christmas Eve is spent eating "Party bits" from M&S, a shed load of cheese, and getting drunk in a steady, responsible manner. "Party bits" - stuff you stick in the oven like pigs in blankets, brie and cranberry parcels, prawns in tempura etc.

My father-in-law always commandeers the remote control/music and he's the worst channel hopper in the world. It's insane. Weirdly, the only thing he ever seems to settle on are Border Force Canada/Australia and any of the Bourne films. The cheeky fuc ker will walk into their front room when we're at their house and turn over Fulham games without a word being said. So I expect to either be watching 12 second blips of every programme scheduled for Freeview that night or to be listening to the local traffic updates on Radio Somerset or something whilst eating shit off a baking tray and stuffing a load of Brie down my cakehole, probably whilst discussing the planning saga that's going on with their next door neighbour. Genuinely lovely, lovely people though.

Having once temped at Konks Palace I have learned from the master. So for us Xmas Eve has turned into friends, Fizz, Gin, a minimum of at least 16 different party bits including my very own cheese and pineapple hedgehog. Bound to be some smashed avacado in there somewhere. 32 on the accepted guest list.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 12:59 - Dec 21 with 3291 viewsR_from_afar

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 12:54 - Dec 21 by R_from_afar

I'm just starting the car. What's your address?

RFA

Mrs R from Afar has been doing the 5:2 diet for some years now and Monday is usually a "2" day, so that means something healthy. Luckily, she has managed to nail creating a real, tasty meal with very little fat in it, so it will probably be a prawn and veg stir-fry or a veggie curry (with cauliflower, a much-maligned veg). I get to have rice or pasta, she doesn't.

There will be some serious gastronomic blow-outs later in the Yuletide period, though, have no fear! We might have chips mmm chips

RFA (living on the edge, as ever)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 14:05 - Dec 21 with 3218 viewsEsox_Lucius

Visiting DIL and family so nibbles etc. Hoping for some Basil & Pesto pasta and crab sandwiches.

The grass is always greener.

Christmas Eve Dinner - What do you normally do? on 14:33 - Dec 21 with 3192 viewsLblock

Usually it’s a Thai Curry or a full on Ruby

This year I’m told we are having an M&S lasagne and a bottle of Shiraz

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024